Cleveland Browns 2020

dmhtfld

On 4/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, dmhtfld said:

Here is my idea of what it would look like with white pants. I do see all the flaws that you guys have mentioned. I plan on making another version with orange, brown and white on each piece of the uniform to make it more balanced.

[âIMG]

Those are much, much better. The all orange unis look like pajamas. I agree with getting rid of the wordmark. Also, restore the white stripe in the center of the helmet. It's just not right otherwise. Do that and it's good. 

They look great. The only combo I see being a problem is the all white. Without having orange, even if it’s just an orange stripe on the sleeve and pants, it may not work.  But I’ll leave it up to you, I don’t doubt they’ll look great when you’re done. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say I have a lot of respect for the amount of work you put in to your templates. I always like to check out your work here because your presentation is always amazing. I also recognize the image you used for OBJ as being from the 2015 Pro Bowl photoshoot! It's really 'next-level' that you've basically got 9 templates you're running here, although I'm assuming you've set it up in a way that allows you to swap the jerseys/pants colors of multiple players at once. In todays NFL with many teams having 3 jerseys and 3 pants, it would be pretty cool to see each possible combination here if you're feeling a little wild. Since you've taken it this far, I'm guessing that may have been your original intent here with having 9 players. I know that could initially be extra tedious to make it work but I think it'd be an interesting and unique presentation for your future concepts. I'd set it up as something like this --  

- O/B/B
- O/B/O
- O/B/W
- O/W/B
- O/W/O

- O/W/W
- O/O/B
- O/O/O
- O/O/W 

Color 1 jersey - 24, 23, 85
Color 1 pants - 24, 80, 29

Color 2 jersey - 80, 13, 58

Color 2 pants - 23, 13, 21

Color 3 jersey - 29, 21, 95
Color 3 pants - 85, 58, 95

If you've got it set this way, then you'd only need to change the 3 base colors you're using to be quickly adjusting the colors of all 9 jersey/pant combinations for different teams. If you want to do a Texans concept, then you can quickly swap color 1 for navy, keep color 2 as white, and make color 3 red, and suddenly you have the base colors set to show all 9 combinations for a completely different team. You could use your same logic to mix in the socks with these color combinations. 

This template is so well done, but I'd still work on 'grounding' the players a bit more. 58's stance doesn't quite line up with the perspective of the field. Only way I can think of doing that is to "stretch" his leg just a bit to see if you can fix that perspective, although that may end up looking even more off. 29's and 95's cleats being completely visible on the bottom make it seem like they aren't fully grounded to me. I'd also add some shading towards the bottom of their shoes to help blend them in a bit and make the transition less noticeable. You can get an idea of what that might look like here -- 

n12MMzY.png

For the concept itself, I like the direction of this. I'd continue to play around with the striping and color patterns on the helmet, jersey, pants, and socks a bit more. I feel the helmet definitely needs that white stripe between the two brown stripes. Everything else is negotiable for me, although I'd opt to use those same stripes on the orange pants, while bringing in different colors for the brown pants (orange/white/orange) and white pants (brown/orange/brown). You might try something like this for the sleeves and socks. 

R02LM9N.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

21 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Just wanted to say I have a lot of respect for the amount of work you put in to your templates. I always like to check out your work here because your presentation is always amazing. I also recognize the image you used for OBJ as being from the 2015 Pro Bowl photoshoot! It's really 'next-level' that you've basically got 9 templates you're running here, although I'm assuming you've set it up in a way that allows you to swap the jerseys/pants colors of multiple players at once. In todays NFL with many teams having 3 jerseys and 3 pants, it would be pretty cool to see each possible combination here if you're feeling a little wild. Since you've taken it this far, I'm guessing that may have been your original intent here with having 9 players. I know that could initially be extra tedious to make it work but I think it'd be an interesting and unique presentation for your future concepts. I'd set it up as something like this --  

- O/B/B
- O/B/O
- O/B/W
- O/W/B
- O/W/O

- O/W/W
- O/O/B
- O/O/O
- O/O/W 

Color 1 jersey - 24, 23, 85
Color 1 pants - 24, 80, 29

Color 2 jersey - 80, 13, 58

Color 2 pants - 23, 13, 21

Color 3 jersey - 29, 21, 95
Color 3 pants - 85, 58, 95

If you've got it set this way, then you'd only need to change the 3 base colors you're using to be quickly adjusting the colors of all 9 jersey/pant combinations for different teams. If you want to do a Texans concept, then you can quickly swap color 1 for navy, keep color 2 as white, and make color 3 red, and suddenly you have the base colors set to show all 9 combinations for a completely different team. You could use your same logic to mix in the socks with these color combinations. 

This template is so well done, but I'd still work on 'grounding' the players a bit more. 58's stance doesn't quite line up with the perspective of the field. Only way I can think of doing that is to "stretch" his leg just a bit to see if you can fix that perspective, although that may end up looking even more off. 29's and 95's cleats being completely visible on the bottom make it seem like they aren't fully grounded to me. I'd also add some shading towards the bottom of their shoes to help blend them in a bit and make the transition less noticeable. You can get an idea of what that might look like here -- 

n12MMzY.png

For the concept itself, I like the direction of this. I'd continue to play around with the striping and color patterns on the helmet, jersey, pants, and socks a bit more. I feel the helmet definitely needs that white stripe between the two brown stripes. Everything else is negotiable for me, although I'd opt to use those same stripes on the orange pants, while bringing in different colors for the brown pants (orange/white/orange) and white pants (brown/orange/brown). You might try something like this for the sleeves and socks. 

R02LM9N.png

Wow thank you for the detailed advice. I will definitely take note of all of this in my next update, especially adding shadows to the bottoms of the shoes. Currently i do have this set up so that i can change the colors on each uniform piece on each player individually but i am working on making it more efficient in a way similar to what you described. I want to be able to easily swap new templates in and out as well as shift them left or right by a few pixels so i don't want to combine too many layers that would prevent me from doing that. As for striping, I like what what you have in mind but i don't think I would like the brown pants having a stripe so wide.

Archived