Are there any sports you simply don't "get?"

Quillz

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

It depends on which sex is playing. I can tell you right now, most guys who watch women's volleyball aren't watching for fundamentals.

I do actually like the women's game better than the men's, but there are other reasons to watch, as well.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

It depends on which sex is playing. I can tell you right now, most guys who watch women's volleyball aren't watching for fundamentals.

I mean are any guys really watching any women's sport for the fundamentals? 😆

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

1 hour ago, Bowski said:

Yes.

This is a bad post.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

4 hours ago, Bowski said:

I love women's hockey. Compared to the men's game it feels much more graceful. There is a tendency for the physicality of the men's game to sometimes undermine some of the fundamental skills, or even let players compensate for less puck-handling skill with brute force. The women's game is markedly less so. I hate that the Whitecaps announced they were joining the NWHL mere weeks after I left Minnesota.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 hours ago, waltere said:

Yes.

This is a bad post.

It was a joke, I enjoy watching women's soccer quite a bit, the women are more precise in their movement and shots. 

I was making light of the fact that most women's sports are still sexualized in one way or another......

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

4 hours ago, Bowski said:

It was a joke, I enjoy watching women's soccer quite a bit, the women are more precise in their movement and shots. 

I was making light of the fact that most women's sports are still sexualized in one way or another......

I hate this post and your prior one in this thread.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I love women's hockey. Compared to the men's game it feels much more graceful. There is a tendency for the physicality of the men's game to sometimes undermine some of the fundamental skills, or even let players compensate for less puck-handling skill with brute force.

Same deal in tennis, where other than roided-up Serena Williams thwacking everything from the baseline, there's much more serve-and-volley finesse involved than there has been in the men's game for years (though not for Federer's lack of trying).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived