Quillz

Are there any sports you simply don't "get?"

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

It depends on which sex is playing. I can tell you right now, most guys who watch women's volleyball aren't watching for fundamentals.

I do actually like the women's game better than the men's, but there are other reasons to watch, as well.

10 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

It depends on which sex is playing. I can tell you right now, most guys who watch women's volleyball aren't watching for fundamentals.

I mean are any guys really watching any women's sport for the fundamentals? 😆

1 hour ago, Bowski said:

Yes.

This is a bad post.

4 hours ago, Bowski said:

I love women's hockey. Compared to the men's game it feels much more graceful. There is a tendency for the physicality of the men's game to sometimes undermine some of the fundamental skills, or even let players compensate for less puck-handling skill with brute force. The women's game is markedly less so. I hate that the Whitecaps announced they were joining the NWHL mere weeks after I left Minnesota.

4 hours ago, waltere said:

Yes.

This is a bad post.

It was a joke, I enjoy watching women's soccer quite a bit, the women are more precise in their movement and shots. 

I was making light of the fact that most women's sports are still sexualized in one way or another......

4 hours ago, Bowski said:

It was a joke, I enjoy watching women's soccer quite a bit, the women are more precise in their movement and shots. 

I was making light of the fact that most women's sports are still sexualized in one way or another......

I hate this post and your prior one in this thread.

7 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I love women's hockey. Compared to the men's game it feels much more graceful. There is a tendency for the physicality of the men's game to sometimes undermine some of the fundamental skills, or even let players compensate for less puck-handling skill with brute force.

Same deal in tennis, where other than roided-up Serena Williams thwacking everything from the baseline, there's much more serve-and-volley finesse involved than there has been in the men's game for years (though not for Federer's lack of trying).