Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

I'm not the best at seeing colors, but what color are the Lions' numbers? From my screen they look like a light blue/teal, which is a curious look for a team that's used only Honolulu blue, silver, white, and black since 1949. Are you intending to have a double-blue?

Also, why is there black on the pants but not on the helmet?

For the throwback (which is a great look), I'd suggest taking the logos off the sleeves. The retro logo on the helmet is a nice touch. Remove the sock stripes, white collar, and black outlines on the pants to give it an old-time look. The point of the Lions' throwbacks is to simplify - blank helmet, jersey, pants, and socks, recalling the glory days of the 1950s. White numbers with no outline would also help. This is your concept, but I'd try to make the alternates more different from the home and away set, especially when using a retro look

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rattyrattera said:

I'm not the best at seeing colors, but what color are the Lions' numbers? From my screen they look like a light blue/teal, which is a curious look for a team that's used only Honolulu blue, silver, white, and black since 1949. Are you intending to have a double-blue? 

That was the idea, honolulu blue to work with a lighter blue.

Also, why is there black on the pants but not on the helmet? 

It's pant striping... the helmet's basic.

For the throwback (which is a great look), I'd suggest taking the logos off the sleeves. The retro logo on the helmet is a nice touch. Remove the sock stripes, white collar, and black outlines on the pants to give it an old-time look. The point of the Lions' throwbacks is to simplify - blank helmet, jersey, pants, and socks, recalling the glory days of the 1950s. White numbers with no outline would also help. This is your concept, but I'd try to make the alternates more different from the home and away set, especially when using a retro look

The logo on the throwback is the reason why it's not the 1950's look, it's actually the 1991 uniform, the only time the Lions got close to the Super Bowl when they lost to eventual conference winners and Super Bowl Champs, the Redskins.

1991_Detroit.png?6181

Ironically that's the closest they ever got to the Super Bowl.

Rams look fine, but I wish you'd kept the blue horns on the white jersey - the yellow horns on white don't stand out. When worn with yellow pants I think the look will still have a nice balance of color.

I know it was the one thing I had to sacrifice in order to get a good look, or they could chromify the gold.

Overhauled the Lions after receiving CC privately... I figured they were right and basically changed the whole lot.... added a better lion, added stripes to the helmet, removed black lines from the stripes themselves, ditched the two tone blue I wanted to go with and basically created a much better throwback... as I mentioned earlier, how does one create something from 3 colours.

nCelwf6boDIcB67X8saxp8Lcj_VCVAVnLTZ6z2TS

G0XSsCwc5lONg_LxH4fWuRRg4r-gsk387Us3wQLw

mpf_5ckaDQ8vI_w50PpGlSdZVOT_Xp8c5gqNlFyK

Just a tid bit, now that you’ve got the shoulder numbers right, apply it to the sleeves and add one of each number, so if the number is 10, on the left sleeve, the front of the jersey you’d see the 1 and on the back you’d see the 0 and on the right it’s flipped so you’d see the 1 on the front and the 0 on the back

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Just a tid bit, now that you’ve got the shoulder numbers right, apply it to the sleeves and add one of each number, so if the number is 10, on the left sleeve, the front of the jersey you’d see the 1 and on the back you’d see the 0 and on the right it’s flipped so you’d see the 1 on the front and the 0 on the back 

So... 1 on the front left and 0 on the back right and then in reverse it should be 0 and 1?

Now then... I'm back with not only a fix for 1 team, but 2 teams.

I now offer both the Jaguars and the Panthers.... links to the other kits are on the first page.

JAGUARS
The team has a good look but personally I felt that they needed the gold in the accents, not as half of the bloody helmet... so here's what I did: The third kit is the Throwback as it needed to be EXACTLY like the 95 kit as the time this concept was happening... the team was celebrating it's 30th anniversary.

kaZvYwV0dcxs4fpn1B9O6zJ3AEunSwLkTY48TeGQ

sbaoNMRD8pWfCfBXfrHbvvyVDl92-Ofh3-WeHp88

5ZceXfab0tP3ZY6XLpWY3wqAqI2SrWDb_GXUen4S

PANTHERS
Speaking of teams that needed an update.... aka a visual kick in the ass, we have Carolina as their look for a new franchise was classic... so this got me thinking, how do you make this team LOOK better.... well here's what I've done: The alt is a brilliantly vibrant electric blue which alongside their black... the Silver has been dropped for decorative purposes apart from the throwback.

Only 8 teams in the NFL use the throwback as the alt... and Carolina was not one of them.

P.S I nearly considered an Electric Pink as a alt but I would of been lynched.

kxDwPZjrV4vG4IrfYg5cT44TI-apVhxbdjYwtXr0

-u2S9BuCjTGzUCIAWuHi9LGKcAaeM-uH_piLH5EJ

TLIEBrjqQmaZuhiyJGyFH6dv7xZhcsf1e53vKA5L

8 hours ago, rattyrattera said:

Why do these jerseys have both shoulder and sleeve numbers? I'd pick one or the other. Also, vertically flip the left shoulder numbers

Because if you look down from a top view, you'll see the numbers on the shoulders... thus tv numbers.

3 hours ago, heavybassX said:

Because if you look down from a top view, you'll see the numbers on the shoulders... thus tv numbers.

Teams only use either shoulder OR sleeve TV numbers. I’ve never seen a team use both, because it doesn’t look good irl.

I’d suggest using a number other than 96. It makes the numbers look like they’re facing the wrong way, even though they’re not. If you used a number like 14 or 34 or something like that I think it would look better.

And also, make the TV numbers bigger and center them on the shoulder or sleeve, whichever you choose to use.

4 minutes ago, dakotapalm said:

It seems strange that so many of your modern versions do not have shoulder/ sleeve stripes. It gives them much more of a high school/jv feel instead of NFL appearance. Nearly every teams has some detail on their shoulder/sleeve. What is your reasoning for leaving that off?

spacer.png

They have had shoulder stripes since their first season (95)... and their look started to feel dated, so I tried to mix non-traditional and traditional together.... the concept marries their colours with the look of the Giants.

6 minutes ago, heavybassX said:

They have had shoulder stripes since their first season (95)... and their look started to feel dated, so I tried to mix non-traditional and traditional together.... the concept marries their colours with the look of the Giants.

Perhaps on their home jersey, it is similar to the Giants' home jersey, but the Giants' away has Braisher stripes.

spacer.png

Further, you did the same for Jacksonville and Detroit. Why no variety between these franchises? It seems they should have different appearances.

22 minutes ago, dakotapalm said:

Perhaps on their home jersey, it is similar to the Giants' home jersey, but the Giants' away has Braisher stripes.

spacer.png

Further, you did the same for Jacksonville and Detroit. Why no variety between these franchises? It seems they should have different appearances.

You got me there. I shall take that under adversary consideration.

Alright then... I have made the corrections as noted, all tv numbers are big... i also made numbers big in general so they can be see.

Detroit, Jacksonville and Carolina have some decal changes on some kits.... Carolina embraces the Giants look Road wise for one whilst gold decals the Jag's sleeves amongst other colours for kits.... Detroit has decals around the neck that I wasn't sure it would work.

I will be focusing on expansion teams next and then I will be doing some fun concepts for teams that don't exist anymore/in another sport but wouldn't work for the NFL.... a hint i can give is for a bunch of jerks.

Archived