Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

JohnnyRfl, you don't have to be a jerk about it, he already changed it. 

Stop calling attention to yourself and let the guy have his fun. 

Jeez. 

I'm not calling attention, it was never my intention. I have a decent knowledge in spanish and was offering possibilities to develop the concept since heavybassX asked for it:

17 hours ago, heavybassX said:

(snip)

Diablos Ciudad de México and Conqusitadors Cludad de Mexico?

I helped to fix the language issue, and that's all.

18 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

JohnnyRfl, you don't have to be a jerk about it, he already changed it. 

Stop calling attention to yourself and let the guy have his fun. 

Jeez. 

As someone who’s academics fluent in Spanish, and has spoken Spanish since I was kid, I can confirm that JohnnyRfl is right about what he’s talking about, not to mention that’s he’s also right that the name Conquistadors would probably be considered inappropriate in most Mexican, Central American and South American places. I won’t draw up any comparisons but imagine other situations where you can name a sports team after someone who murdered your people, and see if that would be considered appropriate.

Outside of that specific team, and to the concepts as a whole, you’re not really giving credit to the logos you use, you’ve used a bunch of logos, including this México City concept with logos that are stolen with no credit or word of where you got them. Some of these concepts are made with minimal effort as well, others such as the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Barcelona Dragons, and Sacramento Miners have better effort, but México City and Frankfurt are two of many concepts that are just you using the fill tool on a blank template and sticking someone else’s logo on it. You’ve also barely listened to several people give you loads of helpful advice to improve your concepts. I don’t want to be a stick in the mud but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is breaking forum rules, specifically the use of others logos without giving credit. NFL concepts are fine, but you’ve just been making up your own teams for a while now. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Should of made the disclosure of taking some designs from Madden, some from NFL Europe/WLAF and others on actual defunt teams/other leagues... yeah I'm gonna put a pause of making designs for now.... I'm probably gonna take the away time to redesign/refresh the expansions.

And now for the alternative to the Mexico City Conquistadores.... and yes I found the right logo to work with this overused concept. ((The Expansions are going to be reworked))

THE MEXICO CITY AZTECAS (AZTECAS DE CLUDAD DE MEXICO)

QjStHg9ZPn14sEO0sI5mC6KbG6JKCLRMuBlg6tWt

rSDQIdIVahyK_B2ZusBkzwBOeQ0mfCvG3Du0rznN

FaDrO9ox_mfbJu__EOjzYLSxnlcTAkGsfc2bNEmA

HOME

The complete opposite of what the Diablos are, the Aztecas are colorful, vibrant and more importantly they are turquiose... wearing turquiose helmet, shirt and socks, accented by aztec gold collars and bright aztec green sleeves with aztec gold lining... white, orange and white stripings complete this whilst  white pants bring it out this colorful pattete.. with green, orange, green striping on the side.

The pant options are turquiose and aztec gold.

ROAD

White shirts and socks work with the turquiose pants alongside everything else.. the road outfit is literally designed to work with the regularities of the season.

ALTERNATE

Aztec Green, Aztec Gold, Turquiose and White... unusual combination but it works here.

RETRO

The Retro is mostly Aztec Orange, Bright Aztec Orange to go alongside Aztec Gold and a new colour... Mexican Red. The placement is the same as the home kit.

BIG CITY

A colourful celebration of not only Aztecas but also Mexico as well... this fiesta concept takes a white helmet and add aztec green, two different red... a bright one for decoration whilst a darker one used for fonts alongside the aztec gold...

2mopm5XUxsty1SbRJDwY4ZljCKvblKwAtDHyCN7Z

That's better, though there's still something a bit off. I guess the thing that bugs me most about these concepts is the template. In particular, numbers on the shoulders and the sleeve logos, plus the back numbers, have never appeared quite right. I'd encourage you to find a better template. I'd also suggest looking for athletic fonts to use, as these give uniforms uniqueness and a modern feel.

Here's what I decided to come up with:

• Post fix ups of the Expansion teams.
  • Fix Cleveland and Tampa Bay
  • Finish the rest of the optional expansion teams.
  • Fun teams are being stopped.

I did find a new template but I'll have to make a new thread since it'll be different

Let's begins the fix ups...

TORONTO

VchFvWh_oxPEUsfXnTcwG_uLeivLqPhwmsdIiPuX

yMlUc1bu10Nt-ZX3iJZDtJos4InMzfbFhczBMbH7

oYzyV16dkrvqu6dD6peGW-W-nkCwSw0bTPk-VeJl

What's new:
The Retro has been redesigned to make the biggest change,... it's now based off the 1981-84 kit that won a Grey Cup... figured I shrink the boat to make it presentable. All number fonts are reduced in size.

DUBLIN

uUPSCK1Usjd1Em5Og2e5NbnHpFwdKcBsLjRn545m

7ca_tPIZTy8KsVaJKhO_EuXakn14h3G-E0l04quo

Oo5PEgj1ickiKhYOiMxsNE8FDpTBUemZW1oqDseq

What's new - The Black has been recoloured to make it more green like because I was not satisifed with what the black was.... the number font has also reduced in size and in the retro, I added black outlines whilst adding that new green black.

BROOKLYN

AOJFUOPDeCEk_-ftITdXGgy_7qOuQ7-Ud5JQYkqB

xj18rLg9YfAAniCVxRbNLgP8bSOM3FadNxQICv2h

gpztUM_cxxgaXB2lnAyNgYgfNR_TFdfhWsQlc7vA

What's new - Pretty a redesign in not only athletic font but also uniform tone as well.... The Beats weren't really Brooklyn enough as they were, now they are.

OKLAHOMA CITY

oV0stwOixxfH0sZDZ9DJDiC40Ubp1q-QmkHGoW0t

Qnd2x4n7ztVrsQYQW-IaSAniHjAcDLWppfUHGmzO

njgKrgNbKc3SfIUbOD2ziX6uhNFXYsJNWwG6hk9V
What's new - Addition of pant stripe and large sleeve numbering... just few changes.

AUSTIN

ZWsjZ9lWZKPFEU5RkEN-xpOSp6Na6XAw1v1rAJEw

pyKYZXXEJAMMKGUHiWY1B0FGkQxVVBMTHGvCqKn6

nCEaDxUSO4tZQWM0ct8voIhLerE_TawDHIwBmmNE

P4t1_djLhejJeMbXIb09FIfeoP6EOPoDVfaToNjG

What's new - Armadillos and Desperados have their logos above the numbers now, pant stripes have been added to the Desperados helmet and for pants.... road socks are now white with red.

Amongst the fix ups, we have other teams to drop too... and in this case we have three optional concepts for Birmingham, Alabama where the place is cursed for Gridiron teams yet a hotspot for that college football attendance... I will start today with the first of these three teams... and a sort of spirtual successor to an old Birmingham sports team.

Introducing the...

BIrmingham... BULLDOGS!

dXoRSMHO-Z-NV3oy7n6aN4xzK2n1KbdyJ8ztyAHQ

A_pZk_lEwTic2bl62y0dj6At23B5VwoSaLH9TltJ

_noxncid25TTQlNZ9rGxU_INLH4MyTfzxrUrHbTs

HISTORY

Originally from Birmingham, England. This franchise's owner tried to get into the NFL and had offered Birmingham, England as a perfect location for a Gridiron team following the successful London Monarchs and Dublin Celtics but the city was reluctant to help the owner so he decided to change the Birmingham to the one in Alabama where it was a perfect fit although he faced initial difficulty trying to convince a city that was scorned by previous football franchises of other leagues and because of the wordplay of a previous team known as the Birmingham Bulls.

Eventually the "Bulldogs" won the hearts and mind of the populace and now run rampant in the NFC South.

HOME

The Bulldogs play with white helmets, scarlet red tops w/ white and blue markings with white pants w/ blue and red stripings and blue socks... essentially they are a slice of Britain that plays in the South, they are as plain and simple... other pant options are red and blue... originally they were going to go with silver instead of white but the white was voted the better choice.

ROAD

Same as home except for white shirts w/red and blue marks and scarlet red pants w/ blue and white stripings... White socks complete this combo... pant options are blue and red.

ALTERNATE

The rejected Silver looks were recycled to become the alt, except the top is blue w/ red and white marks and silver pants w/ blue and red stripings.

RETRO

z6iI7M2ZoNK2EPOGMFUCjZaD5Gc2rsJG7cB3d_5Z

The Jolly Brit Blue kit aka the original kit... wore this for 5 years and then changed it to the current homes.

BIG CITY

The Big City look comes from the Birmingham state flag as the gold representing the statue of Vulcan, the red representing Valor and the white representing Purity... yeah that's basically it.

Next up for the Birmingham expansion options we have a returning team from the 1970's these guys were the big winners of the WFL... known only as the Americans but they existed the next season and eventually became....

THE BIRMINGHAM VULCANS

xF6FRsSRHDXm3UofPL5Gtboxsxj3YBujlmnu4p5W

JD6v8pKsKizxzeAOD_92CY7oGa8xRa3cBc8HiCT5

5Bg_lrO2a9tRrw332qV2_-FQqAWMs2kKQn20kygT

HISTORY

Birmingham loves it's teams so resurrecting the Vulcans is a simple cost effective means of bringing back a team from a long forgotten league... in the NFL where they basically are a combination between the Cleveland Browns and the Indianapolis Colts, they rock the simple dark colours and the basic of uniform of designs to essentially make their niche for themselves, but they play in the NFC South especially since they take on their close rivals Atlanta and Carolina.

HOME

The Vulcans like to use dark blue and red colours since it connects them to the Vulcan statue... the uniform is based on the stylings of their second year kit where the helmet is white, the shirt is dark blue with dark red collar and white sleeves, white pants with red socks and the striping being dark blue and red... it's a sort of a new age 70's feel that feels retro yet it brings life to a NFC South that had Creamsicles.

Pant options are Dark Blue and Dark Red.

ROAD

The Road uniforms utilise the white as it is league standard however using the dark blue on the sleeves and collar with dark red swishes gives it some life and makes it unique, pants are dark blue with socks being white.

Pant options are White and Dark Red.

ALTERNATE

SkgOoJ92ZrNBrVgQiz6SJt91rADBcr0acxB3_Kxc

Unfortuately for the Vulcans, their biggest flaw is their alternates and their big city colours... as they stick with white, dark blue and dark red... there wasn't much choice on what to do... so you are seeing what I did, dark blue for helmet and pants, dark red for shirt and socks.

RETRO
The Retro essentially is a reconstruction of the original kit where they played their only season as the Americans... now I originally was going to use the Americans as a new team BUT portray themselves as a confederate style of Patriots but then I realised this wasn't going to work so that was scrapped.

So you get the original kit instead and all the bright colours on offer... the light blue, the scarlet red and dominately the white... as well as the silver/grey facemask.

BIG CITY

6LwS6603FOKfdakc7m8pICgmfbBE697FTV1_SPkn

Big CIty as mentioned in Alternatives is the weakest part of the Vulcans.... not much creativity so they went with this kit.

• 2 weeks later...

So 20 days have passed since this was updated and the Bucs and the Browns have essentially reverted back to their previous uniforms.

I have originally planned to redo those uniforms because I made better uniforms on other Under Armor template and now that's going to be the big focus.

• 2 weeks later...

I am now going to finish off the last Birmingham expansion concept if that's alright with people and I hope you all remember what I did for the Sacremento Miners? Well this technically is like that and that is because they are spiritually a former CFL team... so what is this team perhaps, that's right a former CFL team spiritually... so ladies and gentlemen prepare your butts for the return of the...

BIRMINGHAM BARRACUDAS!!!

ACtC-3e-Gtpb_2dVMpgWRi2Mv6MKiVawjqdtPC-5

ACtC-3fI69DaJevWImsf27tiaLJckGVf5VfJ1nMR

ACtC-3cx3FgfVTSq00PemqOKpGq5hj5-xuVkJUGx

HISTORY

Strange things exist in the world of football and nothing was more stranger than the one season existance that was the Birmingham Barracudas but in the small midsts of hope that this team would exist, they would happen to rely on the success of what the Sacremento Miners did and thus the fishiest team in the deep south would return.

HOME
An interesting blend of colours here... from teal to bright blue to burnt orange and to black but the binder that represents Birmingham is the Iron Grey that exists in the Barracuda logo and it's that steel that forges itself on the gridiron.

Pant options include Black and Iron Grey.

ROAD

White shirts are the common thing here alongside the bright blue shorts... pant options are the same as home

ALTERNATE

Teal shirts, iron grey pants, white numbering and iron grey helmets... literally taking everything Birmingham steel related and using it as a uniform.

RETRO

The original CFL uniform minus the oversized numbering which doesn't exist in this concept.... all logos were used including the scheme.

BIG CITY

The Big City concept takes the old secondary logo's colours and makes a tribute out of it whilst showing off it's unique colour scheme.... and it has white pants just like the Retro, it is only used twice a season.

And if you don't like that which I can't blame you if you do... I made a revision out of the Frankfurt Galaxy with proper colours thanks to Trucolor.net which I found to be very reliable in regards to a project I am currently doing.

Here's the updated Galaxy including the team's own Galaxy White.

Pwmq2FUtxC_AJBeFSk-i86YZjQmI2mlPDAFepfqk

A0Huy_QCvXNG4cCpoi_HmUXsurclM6HEGkgSRwNe

o15w-5VTbkPBCpluNiX1a7gyvUjOW25GQID7jxSO

Archived