Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The uniforms of the Philadelphia Eagles have always been a catch 22 for me. I like the current Midnight green color scheme, but also feel they should revert back to the kelly green, just because I feel their uniforms break up the monotony of other franchises that feature either black, navy, red, etc..

50 minutes ago, Tygers09 said:

The uniforms of the Philadelphia Eagles have always been a catch 22 for me. I like the current Midnight green color scheme, but also feel they should revert back to the kelly green, just because I feel their uniforms break up the monotony of other franchises that feature either black, navy, red, etc..

Midnight Green is probably be associated with their Super Bowl success now so it won't go away anytime soon... so I mixed the Kelly Green and Midnight Green to make my own mix to which I call "Eagle Green."

So I've made some big changes now to the index, the version 3's that have been revealed are now the default whilst the ones that haven't been revealed to still be version 2's... when the version 3 of a team is made it will replace the version 2.... except for the expansion teams, they are defaulted as version 2's.

Next up in the version 3's is essentially the Jets.

DY0XjbgqD-YQwmWko_ZWhQ-kOUjIqmaalwJ-EZIj

GAp_cGalDAVjjYxU-qd6MOkN9tXaJSkSgoiJqTpb

MICHybmEES0ctXuz5MCQ3ube2TJDPsDMujcC_7xN

And now for those that won't like the alternate kit.... I essentially give you the best iteration of the Jets.... the Kelly Green Jets!

vaIeBILS_6xcf1vXoucEJV9p6h4e8NWgRYLm87Ba

Decided to use the mid 80's one with the added black lines from the 90's... essentially it's a tribute.

17 hours ago, heavybassX said:

Midnight Green is probably be associated with their Super Bowl success now so it won't go away anytime soon... so I mixed the Kelly Green and Midnight Green to make my own mix to which I call "Eagle Green."

I don't see how uniform colors are the basis for how succesful a team is in a Super Bowl, that is purely a matter of speculation and personal opinion. The Bills made it to 4 Super Bowls with all resulting in a loss with their red helmets,  yet never made it with their white ones. Successful coaches and players are the true factors in determining whether a team makes it to the Super Bowl or not.

3 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

I don't see how uniform colors are the basis for how succesful a team is in a Super Bowl, that is purely a matter of speculation and personal opinion. The Bills made it to 4 Super Bowls with all resulting in a loss with their red helmets,  yet never made it with their white ones. Successful coaches and players are the true factors in determining whether a team makes it to the Super Bowl or not.

And a good look.

11 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

The uniforms aren't the basis for success; they're associated with success. Like, Bill and Tom would've been successful together in New England whether or not the team had updated its look to feature every single early-aughts uniform trend, but now that they've won six Super Bowls in that dated and dull set it's associated with the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Otherwise they would no doubt have changed it (see: 2011 Buffalo Bills).

Bit of a heads up, I will be redesigning the Panthers as well... i've discovered that their kit needs a revamp so there is that.

Packers is already well done so they aren't going to change... and neither are the Raiders or the Redskins.

When we get past the Titans, I'll be continuing on with the West teams of San Francisco and Denver.

And now I present to you all... my newly redesigned Carolina Panthers.... version 3!

CA-X_rF1SgJ8BAetCm6Pcfx_44h7JHO53mYD7AlM
TAMTt3IX2nkCZZ7vui724tmsoX-WsgC4BNt6VFqS
RwKrI6XjF9HhXhyyWkaO9reavahv_J1xhuWKBoF5

And now for the explanation as to why I did this. The Panthers have only ever had 2 designs in their history and whilst one has become a traditional classic look, the other is something that needs a creative edge... a sort of spark like when the Bucs went to Pewter for the first time which won them the Super Bowl, they needed that extra look and so one day I decided to see what would happen if you darkened Carolina Blue... and that is how the spark was created.

This is a Black that technically counts as a dark blue, thus I created Panther Black.

And now for the next 4 teams... so here are the refreshments aka v3s for the Packers, Raiders, Rams and Skins.

UHe6kLdxJvy-y6HG2gdKtv2ocIQnXoujAj3j_eAY

uPedsEZKl3ouwFOeE5TpTxADbX7O36SMKi3rM0-O

43KbIIn7xY-N8DygmS_-Sdb1bhPB5cTXJIKh87C1

LSWmt_Oiun8DKuuXFa88nFa1-lNKwhbCZa5CWT2p

YU-shx63cCe9B-MXmo_k3z09bPrQmpIPptC6yla5

mbm_ao6L9LPx1ssGy0WXkbQZEWi5ii7ipXgWWQsG

oInZBC6m_Pm85FTzSQLd3vyIJb1Y9HMnSGPOyXAs

LAeusRbyYNyhzYnLXrNpj8RcCJ13ir4cNzN14O9I

Z6SmU3Mnx-mszh6KaD67r5YiSVEPpVGyUs5gmIsg

-Sb0rrDeicRJCvL835N9RNaIR0rrxXA2EZi4BuDt

xgVC26zKMFhnL8Bn6zYor9PoN1-agcb9FLUPb4Op

qTr9yS7xv3GJODHgAWidt4bQ_lyodMbD0QJAkn-V

With that we only have 3 teams left to be updated to Version 3's and then I get to upload the final two teams remaining in this third batch before I go ahead to update the last four expansion teams and then the next 8 fun teams before doing the final group of 8 teams.

Archived