Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 24th Fun team in this league is the equal to the Washington Redskins... a logo that is timeless and classic but except the Redskins had an owner that essentially didn't cater to the non PC crowd, however we're talking about a side who did cave in.... allow me to make the reverse and bring back an iconic look into a football kit...

CHIEF WAHOO'S INDIANS OF CLEVELAND

alOYv3OAl-vC6BdxIsCU4e3lW1BvV62x8GqvXm6h

swWsRw9nY34EHws9xE7y9ZXdZ1pQMXDqjjwt8TOp

b9THoqqXipbmIoFa4KNyTOF5FFn32y51UacM7vPS

So now I like to start optional expansions... the last 16 slots of this large NFL will make the teams up to 64 eventually giving way to 32 team championships in the NFC and the AFC, so this is how I like to start thing.

The first team on this list is a very famous German team that has been around since 1991 who are the most successful NFL Europe side to win World Bowls... about 4 of them to be precise and have a look that is considered timeless, traditional and yet get a nickname that is still revelant today on the count that they have been back since 2014.

NFL has always looked into expansion into Europe in particular Germany because Gridiron is VERY popular... so it's kind of a no-brainer for the NFL to install a team in Frankfurt with a working stadium that looks like an indoor stadium.

Presenting the return of the most remembered NFL Europe team from Germany....

FRANKFURT GALAXY

G95HYxkQh_trQztfYp6HbbkwxkZsptvB_hExh9Hh

iyKidWG-7CIXO4OBL-RqbL9JSRO94H3Tsh5MWGSg

wezAwsoj-fDWT1P1KTQvDgH0mfWV_LbobQGw9det

HOME

Behold the majestity that is Purple... Frankfurt are known as the Men in Purple, a look that screams toughness and intimidation especially in modern NFL standards, but at the same time the people in charge of the Galaxy wanted a look that make them unique compared to the league.

With Purple shirts with bright orange collars, they have the top... but not the pants, Nike came up with a silver that wasn't really silver which is also a white that isn't a white, The Galaxy loved it and dubbed it Galaxy Silver and use it for their pants, on the side is a bright orange stripe with purple stencil... bright orange socks complete this home kit.

Pant options are Bright Purple and Bright Orange.

ROAD

The Galaxy tried to use Galaxy Silver as their road shirt which was denied by the league and they were forced to wear the white tops which people noticed went against the Galaxy Silver pants... only thing purple is the collar, white socks complete the look whilst pant options are the same as Home.

ALTERNATE

Paying tribute to their mid 90's to early 00's look, The Galaxy threw together a mix-tape of different colours as a White Shirt becomes the canvas to bright purple arms, collar and sleeves and bright orange shoulders... the socks are orange whilst the pants are purple.

RETRO

zOZ-NEHgYVS7Ik4G1HF9J9tp2v29a4TqDUfPLPkW

A retro no brainer for those that remember the early 90's and seeing this team rock the deepest of purples with the darkest of oranges and see a logo that is essentially retro personified... this is a look that many fans love back in the day and probably still love the kit as of today.

BIG CITY

An interesting kit that was created, made to thank the people of Frankfurt for allowing the Galaxy to play back in their old stomping grounds... the red is based of the football team Eintracht Frankfurt and this is combined with the Galaxy Silver.. to make a kit that is red helmet, galaxy silver shirt and pants and red socks.

The stadium is once again full to experience the joys of gridiron.

Next up in the optional expansions list is another classiv WLAF team that became one of the lynchpins of NFL Europe until FC Barcelona the bastards killed the club.... coming from their traditional home known as the former Olympic Stadium of Barcelona, they rise again from the ashes once more to become...

BARCELONA DRAGONS

XtYgf12nfiPYdnx4UzZBzJX0m7oLEZJr0V7r_sWx

O_DfVLN-w1OwpuGNxuOkx80xQobiVlG8PxEIMob7

bX-I7pAjAwuhMgbhPF9fc_gUyqnKZJya4kTwJldy

HOME
First thing I did was redesign the logo to have a bit more life in it, giving the eyes a light green shade as well as making the red more depth... it retains the last logo but at the same time make it new and fresh, The Dragons historically came in three uniforms... the original uniform, the god-awful mid-late 90's uniform and the red shoulders, as this is a new incarnation of the Dragons, I figured I would lighten the green up but still make it dark enough so it works out... the pants are also this green as well as the socks.

The stripe is Spanish themed as to represent the country in the green pant option with the Catalan flag represented in the sleeves... based from the region.

Pant options are white with the red green red stripes and red with the yellow green yellow.

ROAD

The league issued White Shirts with Dragon Green trim, same with pants and socks... also red,green, red stripes.

Other pant options are Green pants with red, yellow and red stripes as well as the red pants with yellow, green and yellow.

ALTERNATE
Decorated in FC Barcelona colours, the side that literally broke the deal with the NFL and caused the collapse of the Dragons is now a rich club with Qatarian money, so unpopular choice was to make a kit based of FC Barca's blue, maroon and yellow choices... well that was half right.

The main reason why it's blue because Barcelona Dragons were going to have dark blue uniforms and helmets but that never materialse and it has been referenced on this forum by someone who used to work for NFL Europe  though I will post the helmet should someone ask.

RETRO

1g_LkpFNPOcxILhh62b1O-jVIRD62pn5d7jbUZDd

The original look when they debuted in the WLAF in 1991, this dark green combined with scarlet created a very unique look that is still being referenced today.

BIG CITY

Bright red is the name of this uniform.... half dedicated to the country itself, the other made to represent Catalonia the region itself.... with yellow features and white collar and sleeves... I can't have a two tone uniform otherwise it wouldn't be much of a uniform if they chose this as a Neutral look.

Back to the optional expansions and I figured I would move away from Europe... but we ain't going back to the US just yet, I figured it's time to address that 2nd team in Canada... and if the Argonauts got into the NFL then by proxy and mainly because it's the oldest rivalry in Canada... that their rivals should join the league, those rivals...

ARE!

HAMILTON TIGER CATS

N9SRPwQHVdpo4VNqRN0p6lQmzzJ0QgCUdxfacyzS

ihpeBJeQWeUlW1IinukreCrDvUkcmyBglMU4tV23

QCCNqZ5s-wHTNGZWUGuvz9mqm3-BxF00vcdrtu1x

The Tiger Cats of Hamilton are the 2nd oldest team in Canada and they have a rich history that revolves around Spanish Yellow... although many people have compared them to the Pittsburgh Steelers, that and Iowa... because of their look, they would have to go into the NFC North alongside Toronto and giving teams like Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota a run for their money.

HOME
Using the recent kit as a design base which is black helmet with yellow stripe, black tops, black pants and black socks... I figured adding 7 stripes to this uniform set symbolises their history but adding their secondary logos to set it apart from the Steelers and it is a unique look.

Pant options for this are spanish yellow and silver... not white surprisingly.

ROAD

League standard white tops to go with the black... still a unique look and proudly they display their yellow stripes whether in the US, Mexico, Canada or Europe... same pant options for home.

ALTERNATE

Back in the late 00's, the Tiger Cats went with a Yellow top alongside the Black... It set them apart from the rest and I brought it back here as the Alt.

FAUXTRO

The Fauxtro is a return to the late 60's, early 70's with this outfit of a yellow helmet with black stripes, white shoulders to emulate the sleeves, striping the same as it was on the retro kit, black shirt, yellow pants and black socks.

BIG CITY

The Big City look takes the Tiger Cats to non-yellow territories as the kit becomes dark grey and black just like their Signature set... dark grey shirt, black pants, dark grey socks and black helmet with dark grey stripe.

I haven't updated in a while but I figured I do this now... we are now heading back to Mexico to bring about the 2nd team which proved the success of the Diablos and to how Mexicans received the NFL... so as an optional expansion, let's welcome...

THE MEXICO CITY CONQUISTADORÉS (Conquistadorés dé Cludad dé Mexico)
kP4t3Yh5jGXhW0mceGpM5CrreMabpf-d9KH_XBW5

NQ0Ii-9PW_cWcTIrgiCQDG5DddCNH-6U7u7yrHhR

NeazB221YO5bqS9uvf_5nfyW1G7mUOcffHMI7mqS

HOME

The Conquistadorés are named after Hernan Cortes, the Spaniard that conquered Mexico for Spain from the Aztecs... the Conquistadorés use a unique scheme of Black, Red and a light shade of Orange and it applies here... Black helmets, black shirts, red sleeves and collars, red pants and light orange socks.

Other pant options are Black and that light orange.

ROAD
League standard white shirts are the only thing noticable to everything else being the same as the home, the pant options are the same too.

ALTERNATE

Only thing to note is the light orange shirt and the black socks, everything else same as the home and the road... they're the only team to keep the same helmet minus the retro and big city.

RETRO

The often controversal and less liked retro kit... aka their first kit, a Light Orange and Red combo with light red medievil spanish crosses that didn't even last long in the league before their change to the current look.

BIG CITY
The Mexican government got their ear in and forced the Conquistadoré
s to wear a Mexican themed kit... hope, unity and the blood of heroes, it's suppose to inspire confidence on the field.

31 minutes ago, heavybassX said:

I haven't updated in a while but I figured I do this now... we are now heading back to Mexico to bring about the 2nd team which proved the success of the Diablos and to how Mexicans received the NFL... so as an optional expansion, let's welcome...

THE MEXICO CITY CONQUISATORS

HOME

The Conquisators are named after Hernan Cortes, the Spaniard that conquered Mexico for Spain from the Aztecs... the Conquisators use a unique scheme of Black, Red and a light shade of Orange and it applies here... Black helmets, black shirts, red sleeves and collars, red pants and light orange socks.

BIG CITY
The Mexican government got their ear in and forced the Conquisators to wear a Mexican themed kit... hope, unity and the blood of heroes, it's suppose to inspire confidence on the field.

Just one thing - it's a solid concept - but I feel like Mexican citizens might not want to be reminded of all the bloodshed that Cortes and his fellow Europeans caused. 
The Diablos ought to be enough football. But perhaps a team called the Aztecas or something might work?

2 hours ago, Magnus said:

Just one thing - it's a solid concept - but I feel like Mexican citizens might not want to be reminded of all the bloodshed that Cortes and his fellow Europeans caused. 
The Diablos ought to be enough football. But perhaps a team called the Aztecas or something might work?

I feel that Aztecs are also overused as a Mexican NFL team name... the other choice I had was Golden Eagles BUT the theme for that was no surprise... Green, White and Red which is Mexico's colors and it's the issue I have with say the Toronto Raptors and the Toronto Blue Jays... once you decide to represent your own country, you lose the identity of what you are suppose to be.

I can try and do an Aztecas concept.

CONQUISTADORS, not Conquisatdors. if you're going that artificial and not paying that much attention to local sports scene, just go with Conquerors.

Mexican teams usually place the nickname first, like in Dorados de Sinaloa, Chivas de Guadalajara, Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz, Sultanes de Monterrey or Acereros de Monclova.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyRfl said:

CONQUISTADORS, not Conquisatdors. if you're going that artificial and not paying that much attention to local sports scene, just go with Conquerors.

Mexican teams usually place the nickname first, like in Dorados de Sinaloa, Chivas de Guadalajara, Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz, Sultanes de Monterrey or Acereros de Monclova.

First of all I've made the change now to Conquistadors so moot and second... Diablos Ciudad de México and Conqusitadors Cludad de Mexico?

1 minute ago, heavybassX said:

First of all I've made the change now to Conquistadors so moot and second... Diablos Ciudad de México and Conqusitadors Cludad de Mexico?

There are some problems here, caused mostly because you probably don't know spanish:

First, you're missing an indicative particle. I don't know the exact name of it. but spanish language have this "de", that equals to "of". When you say Diablos Ciudad de Mexico, you're saying two words without link, since the particle indicates the relation between team and location, Like in Angels of Anaheim. So it could be Diablos de Ciudad de México.

Second. You're still misspelling C-O-N-Q-U-I-S-T-A-D-O-R-S. In a way, this is not important, because the worse fact is that you're mixing spanish and bad english. The correct choice, also considering the previous information, would be use proper spanish instead of "spanglish". IMO, it could be Conquistadores de Ciudad de México.

Third, if you're writing in spanish, you should not forget both should have the "É", that indicates the open-mid front unrounded vowel, a.k.a. the sound of letter E in "bed".

Archived