Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

12 hours ago, heavybassX said:

Alright then... I have made the corrections as noted, all tv numbers are big... i also made numbers big in general so they can be see.

Detroit, Jacksonville and Carolina have some decal changes on some kits.... Carolina embraces the Giants look Road wise for one whilst gold decals the Jag's sleeves amongst other colours for kits.... Detroit has decals around the neck that I wasn't sure it would work.

I will be focusing on expansion teams next and then I will be doing some fun concepts for teams that don't exist anymore/in another sport but wouldn't work for the NFL.... a hint i can give is for a bunch of jerks.

...where are the changes? The concepts posted are the exact same with two tv numbers on both the sleeves and shoulders. Why not just post them again instead of editing the same post 10 times over

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now it is time for expansions because I'd started with an expansion team and honestly I feel the league's gonna expand sooner than later... lore wise in this timeline before getting sacked from his job Goddell sanctioned 4 expansion teams to be added creating a mad flurry of teams to suggest names which included internationally for the first time.

With a stadium secured in Spurs's new grounds at around 60k+.... this was a no brainer to the NFL and successfully rewarded London for nearly a decade's worth of loyality as well as income.

Presenting expansion team #1...

LONDON MONARCHS
TCKdm9m2PA8_BMscCb-3WxDIJXM3Gos23er5AbKb

Uaisk9FrTG3jJcwYcvVa0NvIRnUVHHQ3OajnSs41

mKLRD9WIUpnrmnlRUxYiL9JLn-YtCc3ZXKmvZp78

And now for the explanations....

HOME
Originally it was going to follow the original team colours of the 91 team until I put double Royal Blue together and then I realised I liked the combination so I've retained it and added stripes to the ends of the sleeves as well as putting the logo on the center of the back shoulders... other pants options are gold and scarlet red ((I refused to use white apart from road where it was mandatory))

ROAD
White for the Monarchs is usually a bad sign of history as the last incarnation of the team known as the England Monarchs had some UGLY uniforms and that killed the team... however Road regulations meant that white had to be worn so combined that with royal blue lettering works.... pant options are default bright gold, royal blue and scarlet.

ALT
Following the ugly trap that all England teams have to wear English Red as a uniform set, the Monarchs adapted this but added gold and royal blue to the concept.

THROWBACK
As the league introduced the rule that teams had to have a throwback option to their jerseys... the Monarchs went back to the 1991 look as they existed in the original colours.

BIG CITY
For the big city idea, London with it's history of royalty decided to go with the look of Ancient Romans as wine red, light gold and marble blue was the staple celebrating the city's original history as Londinium.

EDIT: Damn.. I knew I did something wrong, so made the changes.

Probably one of the best teams you've made yet, but you're still filling in things that aren't supposed to be filled in:

c1s0TX4.png

- That spot on the pants isn't supposed to be colored like a waistband is on basketball uniforms.

- The padding inside the helmet is never colored, it's always white.

- You colored the hole in the helmet... it's literally a hole.

Also, the sleeve stripes are a different color on the front and back of the home jersey.

On a positive note, it seems you've got the TV numbers down, they look to be a good size and in the correct spot. Good job.

Moving onto the 2nd expansion team, it's in an area that no one expected... it was the last team announced and they had to fight every year for not only the public's respect but also the respect of every team in the NFL and because of that fight they had, they earned their spot in the AFC Central against fierce rivals such as the Steelers, the Browns, the Bengals and the Ravens.

This team is the pride of the Emerald Isles itself... existed for a few years but simplified their names because the majority shareholder is from the Boston Celtics.

DUBLIN CELTICS (CELTIC TIGERS)
CK2HRULMqPEHZpL1trj9xnb5cmIgSiSu5k2BSxtm

mM0K00DrBvEYFzYFx171OjKjD5OtoO8fxSgdFLOX

2dFVIvkX_sUdWMD5jbvZbV4F1eOW-VwTCVWO2Weq

Explanations

HOME
The Celtics exist with two greens and a greyish black so I was able to make that as well as add shoulder stripes... tv numbers are on the shoulder, the adidas logo is using the brighter green on top of white lettering and is the only uniform that has that in the league.

ROAD
The letter is dark green to stand out on the default white tops... the white lettering on the Adidas logo is black as it's an opposite logo.

ALTERNATE

This is unfortunately the league's most mocked kit because when it comes to stereotyping, everyone likes to beat on the dead horse.... Ireland's flag colours make up the kit as this is what happens when the Irish government got a say in the kit making.

RETRO?
This was the biggest challenge I faced so far as Dublin is a newer team and has been around for a few years... so I had to think of what Dublin would be originally and I would of gone for a green tiger striped like kit but Bengals would be angry, so instead I went with a White/Green/White style and would think they started off white before they switched to the greyish black and kept it.

BIG CITY
This big city kit signifies the importance and origin of one of Dublin's biggest exports.... Guinness as it was made in St James's Gate Brewery in 1759 and this kit's unusual colours are the same colours as from a glass of Guinness, besides the original idea was to have a kit based on the Irish economy but that is what Celtic Tiger is... and there's no colours for that, so I stuck with the dry stout.

So I take it people liked the Celtic Tigers? Good at least I can show off what I call my first fun concept... based on teams that would rejected from the NFL and any team qualifies... so what would happen if the NFL had wanted to replicate the North East rivalries of Buffalo/Boston/New England/New York.... well we get the team from Hartford.

KNOWN AS THE...

HARTFORD WHALERS

<Brass Bonanza intensifies>

vx9yYtY3BzDupvwkjAxGphqTuKE5jM1EKBD90uK2

akuuBLkIlTq26g0QKRQ8mMBwost5mdqwsDZMC80a

DbLNQW_F-KCsGw0CcXIP9wvkxCeYxiOosc7SEEyT

The Whalers hockey based jersey would be much better if that pattern would be on the sleeves... Stripes don’t belong there on a football jersey. A shorter player might be able to tuck the stripes mostly in, losing that nice pattern...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 minute ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Whalers hockey based jersey would be much better if that pattern would be on the sleeves... Stripes don’t belong there on a football jersey. A shorter player might be able to tuck the stripes mostly in, losing that nice pattern...

True it would lose the pattern I agree.... I'll make the change but it's a fun jersey and the team wouldn't exist even in expansion form.

Which is a shame because the next fun team I'll be putting up soon would actually work as an expansion team.

Anyway moving on the 2nd fun team and another beloved hockey team that came from Canada and despite what the rumors say of Quebecois abandoning their team ((which they didn't and it's been proven since in the last few years their attendance has been solid despite the naff hockey))

This is also not a hint towards Canadian NFL teams either ((it kinda is if you remember the last thread.))

Moving onto the...

QUEBEC NORDIQUES
UePhnjY2xMZAT0n06d2evLYdqlnMKZEeetqpSe4Q
gBJT5C_pW36a6uiGGMSx0nf8Zn1bFhEIuPu9njuA

pUYCgM2pZ38ehTfkikAoVRXmCUFZk_eZ2n64cjYx

Coming up in this thread will be 2 more expansion teams.... the Diablos and the Toronto team.

But I am going to need some ideas... Diablos are going to be in red, black, silver and white but I am having trouble with the third pants option... do I go silver or do I go white?

On 5/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, heavybassX said:

Anyway moving on the 2nd fun team and another beloved hockey team that came from Canada and despite what the rumors say of Quebecois abandoning their team ((which they didn't and it's been proven since in the last few years their attendance has been solid despite the naff hockey))

This is also not a hint towards Canadian NFL teams either ((it kinda is if you remember the last thread.))

Moving onto the...

QUEBEC NORDIQUES

Ek9Af8cvwJPpZTOzMuHNIPzwVJ_r0SuyzwgG5y8e

_ONilpK3drl7_k7uwqCY0o2ocCrWLg4a0Fy9EGRs

oJ76e2Yj4Gt_DksYOsDQVRw944ItCtRFh2EOa6GM

Those FLDs on the bottom of the jerseys won't work. They're only going to be tucked into the pants.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:19 PM, heavybassX said:

Which is a shame because the next fun team I'll be putting up soon would actually work as an expansion team.

In this post, you said it would work as an expansion team. In the post below...

14 hours ago, heavybassX said:

I know they won't work, that's why it's from a rejected team

...you told @rjrrzube that you knew it wouldn't work, because it was rejected.

You are missing the whole spirit of this concepts board. It's to post work in good faith for comments and criticism. If you are posting work for "rejected teams," you are just wasting all of our time here.

2 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

In this post, you said it would work as an expansion team. In the post below...

...you told @rjrrzube that you knew it wouldn't work, because it was rejected.

You are missing the whole spirit of this concepts board. It's to post work in good faith for comments and criticism. If you are posting work for "rejected teams," you are just wasting all of our time here.

When I was making changes to move the FLD'S up.... I was just about to post that until all of that showed up.

Time for the Diablos... known as the Red Devils of the South, historically the 2nd team rewarded the expansion of Goddell's final move, they literally found a gold mine in Mexico and because of the fanbase there ((including the hypothetical what if they hosted the high scoring Rams/Chiefs game of 2018)) and the high attendance, it was a no brainer for the NFL to issue the expansion.

MEXICO CITY DIABLOS

VvojbW7x9pQxO4MJewSfUwfMFV37m5xWktwcNIUc

qgXPupDlNEI94fztdoEeYaRu4mRSENSQROnKIpgv

6WCQc8vTTlBlQ0iqYkebgKx4MMKSXi3fl73a_E3N

HOME

Red, Black and Silver are the colours of the pants and Red is the color of the top, it's a style used by the Falcons I think but it works here

ROAD
White's default but the pants save their blushes otherwise this team refuses to be seen in white.

ALTERNATE
Devil Red is the colour of the kit and Devil Red brings out the pesos. 

FAUXBACK
Did you know: That this team originally was the Mexico City Red Devils of the Triple A fame, yeah someone in that organisation decided to take the concept onto the field and it worked... what sets this apart is the faded silver which has a pinkish tint to it as most times the opponent is deviled pink.

BIG CITY
Historically Mexico's origin is in the Aztecs so here they use Aztec Gold and combine that with the regular red to set it apart, again the pesos fly off the wallets and into the coffers of the NFL.

Archived