Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright so I've found a better image hosting site, so that's being used from now on.... if you want to see high res versions of the fixed concepts, go there and have a good look.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HVBS5tVTFWbf5qGWA Dallas Cowboys
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vUqLBPbGER9bpPHj9 Los Angeles Rams
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2xDfvbtQD9r7c9WY9 New York Jets
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QCeJ7n3NQPMnBAPV7 Los Angeles Chargers

10 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

You’re still coloring things that really shouldn’t be colored, adding unnecessary colors into the color scheme, breaking the one helmet rule, and still hand drawing features.

One Helmet Rule doesn't exist in this concept thread.

Why does the Chargers alternate have a white collar? Also, black, navy and light blue do not work well together without any gold to separate them. The tops of the pants shouldn't be white. These are easy things to fix. I really want these concepts to succeed, as I've followed this thread since the start, but apart from image quality there haven't been many improvements.

Your Rams concept is on the right track, but there's what I would modify:

1. On the yellow jersey, make the belt on the pants navy.

2. With the white jersey, the white stripe on the yellow pants doesn't work. Make it fully navy, like in the other combos

3. Consider filling in the sleeve caps on the white jersey to yellow, to imitate the classic look of the Rams

4. Name should be navy on yellow and white jerseys, and yellow on a navy nameplate on the navy jersey. Right now it looks like a mess.

5. Why are you adding old gold to the navy and white Fearsome Foursome style jersey? I'd keep it just navy and white

6. Red numbers/name on an old gold jersey don't work - they aren't readable

7. Why are you adding old gold? The Rams have phased out Millennium Gold, and I doubt they'd add it to any jersey in the foreseeable future. I'd like to know why

8. I'd make the red alternate look like the 1949 Rams uniform for a throwback

don't feel like you have to follow these suggestions, but I think they'll improve the concepts.

2 hours ago, rattyrattera said:

Why does the Chargers alternate have a white collar? Also, black, navy and light blue do not work well together without any gold to separate them. The tops of the pants shouldn't be white. These are easy things to fix. I really want these concepts to succeed, as I've followed this thread since the start, but apart from image quality there haven't been many improvements. 

Your Rams concept is on the right track, but there's what I would modify:

1. On the yellow jersey, make the belt on the pants navy.

2. With the white jersey, the white stripe on the yellow pants doesn't work. Make it fully navy, like in the other combos

3. Consider filling in the sleeve caps on the white jersey to yellow, to imitate the classic look of the Rams

4. Name should be navy on yellow and white jerseys, and yellow on a navy nameplate on the navy jersey. Right now it looks like a mess.

5. Why are you adding old gold to the navy and white Fearsome Foursome style jersey? I'd keep it just navy and white

6. Red numbers/name on an old gold jersey don't work - they aren't readable

7. Why are you adding old gold? The Rams have phased out Millennium Gold, and I doubt they'd add it to any jersey in the foreseeable future. I'd like to know why

8. I'd make the red alternate look like the 1949 Rams uniform for a throwback 

don't feel like you have to follow these suggestions, but I think they'll improve the concepts.

I was just about to start reparing the Rams and I'll take the suggestions in mind.

Better! A few more fixes I see could be made:

It may be the template, but both the horns and the numbers can't both be in the sleeve cap area, so I'd move the numbers to the shoulders, if possible.

I'd make the belt on the middle jersey navy or gold (white belts on non-white pants aren't a great look in my opinion)

and on the alternate (navy on gold) fill in the white tops of the pants gold - all the pants options should be one color. Belts are okay to fill in as a different color, but filling in the tops of the pants makes the uniform look sloppy.

It's your concept, so I don't want to post too much CC, but one last suggestion. On the 1949 alternate, I'd make it strictly red and yellow, and reserve grey for the facemask. Red jersey with yellow numbers, and yellow pants with no logo (the stripe is fine but make it red). The 1949 horns were an older, retro style, but the helmet you have is fine - just make the horns gold and it'll be good.

Now, for what you did well:

I love the 1960s throwback - great look, well done

Changing the yellow pants' stripe to just blue made the look more consistent

Hope this helps

The Trojans-style jersey was a good idea. Overall, a large improvement over what you started from.

The horns though look a bit off - one side of the jersey has the horn going forward, while the other side has the horn going backwards. If you can, try mirroring the right side of the front view of the jersey to the left

Then, mirror the left side of the back view to the right.

Now we can move onto the next big fixer.... The New York Jets, and surprisingly I actually got likes for what I did with their recent kit ((and probably the first)). Rest of the concepts are in this link, I'll be showing the primary three that I picked.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipONjBmi1u6JX2dn239yNR-p9LuDkw3iICupVSZKb8T4EVlKX-HWWoL41Ybb1kYL2A?key=b2R4Y2daVmp1Qy1fTWRDNldYdFVBNTJ6RllLTkh3

Sorry about the white lines in the alt, it was the only way the lettering can be seen, but I did have a good go on that gotham black alt.

When I post next that's not answering CC... it'll be the fixing of the Cowboys and then we'll be able to move onto the Panthers, the Jaguars, the Ravens and then the bigger fixer of the moment, the Lions and yes that needs a lot of fixing.

8 minutes ago, heavybassX said:

Now we can move onto the next big fixer.... The New York Jets, and surprisingly I actually got likes for what I did with their recent kit ((and probably the first)). Rest of the concepts are in this link, I'll be showing the primary three that I picked.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipONjBmi1u6JX2dn239yNR-p9LuDkw3iICupVSZKb8T4EVlKX-HWWoL41Ybb1kYL2A?key=b2R4Y2daVmp1Qy1fTWRDNldYdFVBNTJ6RllLTkh3

spacer.png
6oDK8Z2DEufQmuUa1-JY8R5FFtfyToi1wlS6Pp6P
spacer.png
Sorry about the white lines in the alt, it was the only way the lettering can be seen, but I did have a good go on that gotham black alt.

Can you point out to me how these are different from the real thing, other than the UA logo replacing Nike and a black helmet with the black alt...and the outlined NOB with the black alt?

27 minutes ago, heavybassX said:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOk56KDiY23jSY613ut576SzKHe3bu2lRYqZqzv9aY5NW_RccbGwY_n058OGWkZsA?key=dmVYY1FPSmc0RUNHaW16alVZaF91Vm5pQWQzOTBR

Now we move onto the Cowboys... the new Alt is suppose to be the Cowboys own SIlver Green which is on their home/road pants but not sure how it'll work

spacer.png

DBvCw5hpCFVG5ghrYrrNsgAoyLE_8MRsVoOMmE-G

aCnuv47fIPxCFiUJUJ8Qu81egMMxJr58ltEFMk9k

I'm actually kind of excited to see a silver-green alt.

2 hours ago, heavybassX said:

Kelly Green's the new alt, I'll come back to the kit later as there's the Cowboys to fix... otherwise I'm looking to impliment their old team into the concept ((NY Titans))

Ugh, I'm not a fan of the New York Titans' look at all. It's your series, though. ;)

On 5/3/2019 at 2:44 PM, MCM0313 said:

I'm actually kind of excited to see a silver-green alt.

Worry no more, here's what I did with the silver-green alt... and styled it as home/road option. ((Yes that IS Silver Green))

Yi_F9qT0tS080uCBW4Oy1YAaV207cj3bMa3jT4E1

Archived