Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

After delivering the nuke on the previous concepts, I took a break from doing art as it were but then the stuff I had wasn't up to scratch so using the modified templates from @edjb93 to which he got from the original templates of @LEWJ... I present my own personal takes on the NFL, unknown at the moment if I'm going with the expansion teams I did last time.

Presenting the Home kit with two alternate pants, the Road kit with two alternate pants with the Alternative kit, the Throwback kit and borrowing the NBA's City Jerseys to create a special one game only Big City Set.

THIS IS WHAT THREAD CONTAINS AS TO WHY IT EXISTS:

• The NFL had a strike season of 2021 because the NFLPA and the league couldn't come up with an agreement thus the Super Bowl wasn't played... everyone lost money and the scapegoat was Goddell, he was immediately fired after the confirmation of a strikeout season.
  • The New England Patriots no longer had the immunity that they had from Goddell's biasness and were immediately found guilty via an independent commission of benefiting via a corrupt commissioner... the new owners banned the team from post-season for 10-15 years, forfeitures of first round draft picks and stripped them of their Super Bowls won in the Goddell era thus giving Seattle, Atlanta and the LA Rams the wins.
  •  Adidas and Under Armor challenged the exclusivity deal of NFL's deal with Nike and it went to the highest court in the land which ruled that it was an unfair competitive advantage and forced Nike to drop teams in order to not being fined in the billions... they kept some teams in return like the Rams and the Cowboys.
  •  Big City is what it's called and it's essentially done by the designers, kind of like what the NBA does.... and there are some bad, BAD ones.

THE NFL CONCEPTS

NFC *Complete*

East

North

South

West

UPDATED 2020 redesigns

AFC *Complete*

East

North

South

West

UPDATED 2020 redesigns

Expansions

Optional Expansions

Others

First of all, the easiest team to start off with.

THE LOS ANGELES RAMS

HOME

FZ95kWfm.png

nSgPT37m.png

y6F08zTm.png

ROAD
ZJUrms5m.png

3hdHQJ3m.png

fr6pZ4Mm.png

OTHER
Fz1pKfZm.png

iKzeBnlm.png

Xvk9vedm.png

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing some of your other concepts, and I like that you’re giving it a second go, however some of the same flaws are still present this time. Now I want to start with a disclaimer: I’m not familiar with making concepts on a computer, so I can’t tell you what to do within your program, but I’ll give the best feedback I can from a standard artistic standpoint. 

Before even looking into the designs themselves, I have to say something about the colors. You’ve got three different color schemes going on here; navy-yellow, navy-gold, and red-gold-neon green. That has to get narrowed down. I don’t care which one you pick, but it needs to be more consistent across the board. 

Now for the designs themselves. Like I said, I can’t tell you what to do in your program, but I’ll give you what I can based on an artistic standpoint. There’s certain parts of the template that just seem randomly filled in like how one pair of yellow pants has the top part filled in white (side note: why two pairs of yellow pants?) and some jerseys have filled in nameplates. The design elements that aren’t just inside the lines of the template feel very sloppy, like the helmet horns and sleeve designs. I know what you’re trying to do, but it looks very sloppy. It’s clear that you did that part free handed with the mouse. There’s got to be a better way to clean that up. I don’t know what specifically you need to do in whatever program you use, but the best way to clean up something that looks a little sloppy is to just slow down and take your time. 

To sum up: 

Simplify/add consistency to the color schemes

Take your time with the designs

I know you’re trying, you wouldn’t post if you weren’t trying, but you really need to slow down and clean up your designs. I don’t mean to sound rude at all, I’m just giving some honest feedback that I hope can help you improve 

6 hours ago, jn8 said:

I remember seeing some of your other concepts, and I like that you’re giving it a second go, however some of the same flaws are still present this time. Now I want to start with a disclaimer: I’m not familiar with making concepts on a computer, so I can’t tell you what to do within your program, but I’ll give the best feedback I can from a standard artistic standpoint.  

Before even looking into the designs themselves, I have to say something about the colors. You’ve got three different color schemes going on here; navy-yellow, navy-gold, and red-gold-neon green. That has to get narrowed down. I don’t care which one you pick, but it needs to be more consistent across the board

Now for the designs themselves. Like I said, I can’t tell you what to do in your program, but I’ll give you what I can based on an artistic standpoint. There’s certain parts of the template that just seem randomly filled in like how one pair of yellow pants has the top part filled in white (side note: why two pairs of yellow pants?) and some jerseys have filled in nameplates. The design elements that aren’t just inside the lines of the template feel very sloppy, like the helmet horns and sleeve designs. I know what you’re trying to do, but it looks very sloppy. It’s clear that you did that part free handed with the mouse. There’s got to be a better way to clean that up. I don’t know what specifically you need to do in whatever program you use, but the best way to clean up something that looks a little sloppy is to just slow down and take your time. 

To sum up: 

Simplify/add consistency to the color schemes

Take your time with the designs 

I know you’re trying, you wouldn’t post if you weren’t trying, but you really need to slow down and clean up your designs. I don’t mean to sound rude at all, I’m just giving some honest feedback that I hope can help you improve 

1, I shall that disclaimer with my own disclaimer... I have done this with art programs, i'm not good with photoshop.... Paint is my skill level, one shouldn't judge one's skill because of the program I use.

2, Oh that's the issue? No worries, I thought that by NCAA'ing the uniforms so to avoid clashing with other uniforms on certain match days but what i'll do is do the same BUT I'll post the best 3 in a final design... in a moment or so.

3, Doing this by hand IS hard and I have no tools to clean it up, so you are getting what you are seeing... my time was taken if you get the drift.

Thank you for your input, it's what I wanted last time but never got enough.

Now then.... I posted 9 uniforms, the 3 homes, 3 roads, Alternate, Throwback and Big City and then choosing the best 3 of each Home/Road/Other... we get the final 3.

HOME
FZ95kWfl.png

ROAD
3hdHQJ3l.png

ALTERNATE
Fz1pKfZl.png

That should do it, now to do the other LA team.... the Chargers and I make apologises for my hand crafted work.

I won't delay this much longer but now I present the first AFC team of this concept batch, the other LA team... the Chargers. And I figured the primary blue will be powder but I also want to use their color rush blue and their navy blue and create uniforms based of those plus what their big city uniform is like.. which is to represent what Los Angeles is also known for but ignoring Hollywood altogether.... PALM TREES and 50's style suits.

THE LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

HOME
8V8yl2im.png
904Q6dsm.png
C41BPcfm.png

ROAD
gwFhWKLm.png
F68slTkm.png
r2y3lWqm.png

OTHER
zJ9pC3om.png

9DhobSkm.png

Sg0cnnKm.png

If you also want to see the images before they show up here, they'll be uploaded onto my imgur which is provided here - https://heavybassx.imgur.com/all

When time passes, I'll choose the best three before moving onto the next one.

19 minutes ago, boi38951 said:

Why no chargers yellow alt?

Officially I don't think an all yellow alt kit would work and Spanos wouldn't say yes to it.. besides one is a throwback alt whilst the other focuses three different types of blues that have been in Chargers history... but I have done a yellow alt just as you asked, what do you think?

8gt0hynm.png

1 hour ago, heavybassX said:

Officially I don't think an all yellow alt kit would work and Spanos wouldn't say yes to it.. besides one is a throwback alt whilst the other focuses three different types of blues that have been in Chargers history... but I have done a yellow alt just as you asked, what do you think?

8gt0hynm.png

This is what I’m saying! Amazing work my friend!

I don’t know where to begin, there’s a lot of things to say here. But I’ll keep it brief. What are the yellow stripes on the middle of the charges shorts?? And why are you hand drawing stuff on paint? There’s line tools. The alternate chargers uniform is illegal, the blue helmets can’t be used under the one helmet rule, on top of that, there’s an unnecessary royal blue mix in with all that muddling up the look. And the white facemasks, where there’s no white anywhere else on the uniform. I say scrap the whole idea and start over completely, look at the current nfl uniforms, how the colors, striping patterns, and combinations work on all those, and apply that to your concept. Look at other concepts, and apply what you see to your concepts, as in the completeness, neatness, professionalism, and crisp to them, and put some work into your ideas. Bc they seem rushed and sloppy, i would stay away from hand drawn stuff, especially with s mouse, it’s horrible hard to control, just use the line tools, it makes it so much better. I don’t mean to be rude, but there’s a lot of missed potential in these if you’d just put a bit more grit in them. (And I know I said brief, but I really could’ve given you so many more little nitpicky regards, so I spared you of it.)

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I only have one thing to say (coming from the person that had no clue how TV numbers work - or even that they were called "TV numbers",go figure) to be honest: Please, please, please try to be more proportionate with your front/back numerals! Names and the aforementioned TV numbers are fine,but those on the front and back are somehow elongated too much. 

I looked at the Chargers concept again and made a few clean ups based on suggestions here... numbers are straights, unused areas were removed and pants colours were revertred back, I tried to be fancy so my fault there.

Did the same to the Rams... cleaned up a few areas, removed unused bits etc.

Moving onto the NFC and to the South where sometimes you need to shake things up a little, give a team that's been around since the mid 90's a chance to evolve their design... and I attempt to do such thing here with...

THE CAROLINA PANTHERS

HOME
sq1wamjm.png
haxJg0Ym.png
qJasoyWm.png

ROAD
WERojFdm.png
jVISh41m.png
f9ox43Am.png

OTHER
AQcJjVWm.png
BkV0q0Gm.png

iWs4tSxm.png

The first one in other is the throwback and essentially it goes back to the old mid 90's look... not much I can do with carolina blue, grey/silver, matte black and white... but I think I did a good job, not sure what you guys think though... I will clean up after I've chose the three to be featured in a simpler look 

Quickly moving onto the next team.... moving onto the AFC South, lets go to the other team that came in alongside the Panthers.

THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

HOME

Y1CitdIm.png

YOpXqHRm.png

JlFsqrBm.png

ROAD

FsrwsRom.png

BUqcUEPm.png

PacWthem.png

OTHER

wNOyyMDm.png

Zvy710Nm.png

togw7Pmm.png

The throwback is essentially the original kit with the original colours... so technically it's 'aqua' and metallic gold. The big city outfit as I call it... is a reference to the Navy's elite flying unit, the Blue Angels... then again Jacksonville isn't known for much.

Time to unveil what 3 kits make up the Jaguars for this concept... the double teal and black nearly won it as well as the new aqua and metallic gold... but I haven't gotten a throwback issued here yet so I chose that for the alternate.

HOME
JlFsqrBl.png

ROAD
FsrwsRol.png

ALTERNATE ((Throwback))

wNOyyMDl.png

3 hours ago, rattyrattera said:

Not a fan of the teal names on a black nameplate - make that the same color as the jersey. Also, I don't think teal numbers on a black jersey work well. I like that you added more gold 

They needed to add gold which was true... however that half gold, half black helmet was a big NO-NO.

Also made the changes with the nameplate.

It's been a week, I've been working on more concepts... 2 of them are completed, 2 more are being finished off... let's go with the first of these new teams.

THE DALLAS COWBOYS

HOME
own2zeAm.png
EWgbkajm.png
kj6DePjm.png

ROAD
wIiDvIkm.png
EQSuk8Im.png
3JCRZ0Im.png

OTHER
dCWz31nm.png
vGmDAkgm.png
ESAprdHm.png

So Jerry Jones is a maverick, defies the league in his choices.... so I figured I do the same here, the big city one is probably the biggest middle finger concept wise to the league, bright neon skyline of Dallas represented truly.

Archived