Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m disappointed because I can’t tell where the changes are. Seriously take in what many people have said and try to improve your concept, a lot of beginners mistakes are still prominent

Oh please it's bloody obvious where the changes are... YOU mentioned the collars and sleeves have to be the same as the shirt and lo and behold, I made said changes.

Now then with all things taken to account... finally we can move onto the next team in this thread and this side's look is clean, in a division that consists of mostly white and grey helmets it's a division that frankly needs a change and whilst the Jets recently took this change... the next team is the AFC East's own...

BUFFALO BILLS
TncNqlkL2BOkmbtMbKoiLO4EeKZ5JfGw5Z34xHR7

J65Ic9JRMo3bf3fZSWQnHKf-FtPwhXWHLT2vbI4R

fwOvED6hcdwyEB0a2RTsewUN9MdNT3Rg3p8HhLUG

HOME
The Bills return to the classic Jim Kelly era for their home kit and now comes in red pants because frankly in a division that is mostly white, they needed to stand out more... and yes I've kept the Royal Blue and White pants.

ROAD
When you are travelling on the road, you don't to be seen in red helmets.... instead you get white helmets but now they have royal blue facemasks instead of grey because it's a popular look that needed to come back.

ALTERNATE
Currently it's White/Red/Red for the alternate so I reversed the order.... Red Helmets, Red Tops and White Pants.

RETRO
Since I talked about blue facemasks for the road kit, I figured I would highlight the 82/83 kit as the Retro option and where they came from... everyone got sick of the AFL choice so I thought I focus on the last white/blue uniform choice before the first red kit came in.

BIG CITY
Back to the early 2000's for this look as the navy returns but with white pants and red numbers... I know navy wasn't popular but I didn't want to make a Silver alt otherwise they would be called Giants clones.

Now, it wouldn’t be fair for me to point out negatives without showing some love to the positives as well, so I’ll do that quick. The Bills are probably the best design you’ve done. While I’m not in love with the red pants, you’re reasoning behind them makes sense, and your design elements (read: stripes) carry over from each element to make a cohesive set. But again, there’s still pixelation on the numbers as well as the sleeve stripes (more on that later). Overall, the Bills are an improvement over the others, but some minor cleanup is still needed. 

On 8/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, heavybassX said:

Oh please it's bloody obvious where the changes are... YOU mentioned the collars and sleeves have to be the same as the shirt and lo and behold, I made said changes.

Just because you made changes, doesn’t mean you listened. But even the changes, to the naked eye, not a lot has changed. Many of the same beginner mistakes are still present, like @BellaSpurs said. Look at the numbers on nearly every team. They’re distorted and pixelated, especially on the teams with number outlines. Then there’s the minor inconsistencies. The Chargers have numbers on the sleeves in the front and back view, but it’s a logo on the side? The Cowboys, do they have 3 stars on the sleeves? Or is it one in the middle? The way it’s presented is visually off. And the Rams... there has GOT to be a better way for you to do their horns. They shouldn’t be hand drawn in like they are. It’s very pixelated and sloppy. And these are just some of the teams. Many others are filled with just some small things as well, such as “fill-tool design,” which has been pointed out in almost every comment from the start. 

Here’s the whole sich:

You’re not listening to the feedback that’s given to you. Just because you make a change, doesn’t mean you made a fix. The same issues present on day one are still here now. My advice? Pick a team, any team, and sit down with it for a solid couple of days, tweaking, cleaning up, playing with different styles and colors, etc. until you think it’s finished. Then, drop it. Don’t look at it at all for a day. Give your mind some time to rest. Come back to it, look it over, and make some final revisions and then, finally, post it. Go slow. Don’t feel like it has to be done NOW. 

And definitely not a big deal, but something I’d look into: the template. It’s personally not my favorite. I just don’t think it does any favors to designs placed on it, but maybe that’s just me lol. 

Next up in the redesign train.... I redesigned my Cowboys concept... here's version 3.

Dallas Cowboys
O0Ct8MVOPeWYhkS0NCJJLlJupfsSXgralj66XMj8
KJvXXpqeHYfyg4nb8oLoeQfQPmGTlGdnluz396bd

Ku9TnyI0hikGUdFi8GecHfgqyKu2jyoS3QtMFCr-

I went with basically one silver and one blue and essentially simplified and made sure that there wasn't any lines now in the striping which I kept.

Retro, Alternate and Big City have the fancy Cowboys font... Home has the fancy one, Road has the Romo font.

First of all this post will show off the minor updates to Buffalo ((Stripings on the sleeve)) and to Miami. ((Updated Numbers))
u5uIRos-z6Pduw8O-1G3RvCEip-kucCxjDDoe9N9

myD6ImCiaES5abY4EYoRUqLOcqVeT4Tb_M-aV0MI

tp-V3oOB0JSXleyFFX9zL9BoRaZwBAdtCqGgJrqO

vwpdvrRZtuUoM20N0e4pHseZrAEzLdmF5YEuarLn

CFOcZPCqvG6ttxbMSvkbnMzMFCveopY5nF1E31Wn

Sjk5Aspjbf_hmUS__fQHTRKtNa6E7dv82PdpcJ_I

NOW WE GET TO THE GOOD STUFF!!!

LA RAMS
-EiWDqqTWMMO1GM-Tz-3QwdS1QOoE1SKgffL90bM

J0erj55hFVGOvtlJV-dL8w9H4pjU4NfDyRjauwPq

sKGhohZPvyOtDNilY7BOK-FPBMQ3iyuTBYE1QnU_

Royal Blue returns as the default blue! The Rams decal is different for home and road... yellow for home and white for road.... everything else is still the same except for the retro.

Wanted to take a sidestep from the refurbishment of the teams to essentially add the next team to the concept folder... luckily this one is the only fan team to exist in the NFL, they are Wisconsin's own....

GREEN BAY PACKERS (Go Packers)
GI2r3xzKVjSi7zt99R2jQTN_OThmVZox-XFLMgxi

LYKH5WL0HZ-pxEBWyIRXiZrJZyB1y-3m-Eo2gqcR

sU1MnSp-mQARnFW6aKknplxySRO2tfmAyL1Rv6p9

HOME
Green Bay stays as traditional as tradition gets.... Yellow pants, dark green shirts except that instead of just white pants, they decided to embrace the past and adapt khaki pants to make them unique, which has let to ridicule over the years.

ROAD
Your bog standard white tops for the road which comes in yellow, green and khaki.

ALTERNATE
The old alternate was given the boot as navy tops go on top of yellow pants because the khakis became officially third options.... blank yellow helmet as current alternate options go.

RETRO
I went backwards from the Lombardi era and into the late 50's where this combination existed... no logo obviously just to emulate the alternate look since it was the primary choice in 1958.

BIG CITY
1994proposed.gif

This here is the Rom Wolf Proposal to make Green Bay in 1994 into that update... whilst the gold was not so bright and the green was vibrant, it never went ahead so instead of referencing the Acme Packing company, I instead embrace this what if idea as the big city look.

Archived