Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did 2 teams just now and I would feature them both just to add to the division of the South as they would be good rivals to the Bandits and the Stallions... first of all Atlanta gets a team and considering the Falcons don't exist in this universe, got to have their close distance cousins.... ((Not in puke green))

THE ATLANTA HAWKS
LqhrKX82lAi-31sfl-SgX_fskjGqxwajM7DO5mIl

g1TSHeyGI4oqQeDA0THpbPJcOWB_4b3caU5yX5Yn

Di42wPzk9nLoyw0qzCZc_4vdIvL7POtBE0Ih1wkC

These Hawks are based on the 90's colours but with the current logos.... no volt green to offend people, just three colours to work with.... and that gold as a bonus. Now we move onto a team that historically has been a mixed until they adapted to yellow and have looked the part but the yellow hats have been a bother to me so I've worked on this league's version of the LA Rams.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS
jnAavKF6LGx97ZaayuH5xYPg5CEl1Py24zb_kk1n
erZqvtBa62CTLuVLaCYCCerU05lLY_OuEIfvFb6a

dnU90TPUNAERhLJt2GqA_OMEbqM3sa_2Ue-KuVnL

I've done a bit of fun stuff so I should wrap the last two I got in mind before we go back to the NFL and carry on from the Pinkese Falcons.

Back to the NFL concepts and since I jumped ship to show off the Atlanta Falcons... it means I can show off another bird related team and in these times post-strike, The Eagles decided to go through another rebrand combining their colours to show off a new Green known as Eagle Green and decided to ditch the white pants fully in exchange for the return of the Silver pants.... if you are wondering what I mean, I'll be showing you all now what I see this team will look like in a few years time... it's the

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

IfXDWsCEusCizzYDnAXWRuy-cDiKaxKoDCzRyfx8

Ffy1knh_QFQZ-mqjgyMw8ocSvAMYr2MXmvEx2idy

se8Ugo9kpCrUIp7teirYf0Lpr-aPuVGv_JnFemMc

HOME
The Eagles discovered this shade of green after experimenting with Kelly and Midnight Greens as they discovered this hybrid version... satisfied with the results, they adopted this green as their prefered look as well as their new blackish green tint to go alongside the Eagle Green for a double look.... pant options including the return of silver, blackish green and Eagle Green.... White has been dropped.

ROAD
The only bit of white on the kit is on the league sanctioned road kits as it was mandated that all road teams had to wear White tops but Eagle Green accents it bringing it out to bare... the pants are included.

ALTERNATE
This kit has now won a Super Bowl and because of it, the look was made into an Alternate that is only played a few times a season.... no more all black affair was made for their encounters with Dallas.

RETRO
Pre 1996 Eagles is the name of the game as well as that prodominate Kelly Green ((Which I finally figured out after so long)) and that was done with light silver pants as well... just keeping the look as classic as possible minus the stupid pre-96 Eagles logo.

BIG CITY
For this big city look, the Eagles go back to celebrating their old looks with their new Eagle Green as SIlver takes the center stage.... luckily I went with this because the original idea would of forced the city to lynch Will Smith in real life.

Back to the AFC now for a side that needed a much different look and whilst it was a move in the right direction, the look was still pretenoius in a way... they are also a side that existed from 2002 so you know who these guys now... it's the 2nd Houston Team.

THE TEXANS
CSu3siBWxqY9lFD4HwKfqhd7NE9UiabenZjHDu35

ipbA5iOzIzwMMyEUBCy8Qgap57-7tU74iuE5RTtm

X7uhLi9crMhkz0m8mgX23raq2iL2mHKhQq9gQ-Ti

HOME
The Texans have decided to adapt the Texan flag as the basis of the uniform whilst they are still steer themed, they feel proud as Texans so adapting the lone star from the logo, they have become the shoulder pads thus creating a pretencious look on them which is now red collars and sleeves with red curves.... the traditional colours of the team are retained although the sleeves now come in red, to go with team pants.

ROAD
The league sanctioned white tops are decorated with the same for the home include the red sleeves... although it's reversed.

ALTERNATE
Red helmets, red tops, navy sleeves and white pants.... it's basic stuff here.

RETRO
Everyone knows of the Madden look before they released back in the day but no one knew of this design... coming from the concept floors of the actual designers of Texans, this look would of been a very interesting idea as it was supplied to the board by Htown for the 100 years of NFL thread, I figured I give it a go and try my best of adapting this to the concept.

BIG CITY

The conclusion to a three part trilogy of designs that started off with the Titans selling the Oilers brand to the NFL to starve off bankruptcy which allowed an expansion team carry on the Oilers name and so in celebration, the Texans and the Oilers swapped looks for their big city idea.... as Nike thought they had an idea so as Oilers adapted their look with Texans colours, here the Texans adapt their look with Oilers colours creating this idea.

And now we return to the AFC.... for a team that's basically the same has its been for nearly 50+ years but in recent times they have been making power moves sorting out their offenses and their defenses and now they are a AFC powerhouse and that powerhouse is...

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS

M8ogZjciceAhY2kDbbPm0x8Mv5AjGunEeVOv1jMo

9HhCXxV_PHGzByoZPhli5bfUVvrl9a0STCxXKXlR

PYVcjSie9aS-2rmI6EJE8oqN80nBuN5-sLSXrbr8

HOME
Browns are going to get a redesign next season but I figured I go ahead with this colour scheme before they maybe revert back to the old orange and brown... so I added grey back into the four colours... but not making it as a pant option so orange, brown, white are the choices of fancy.... grey collars and sleeves.

ROAD
Mandatory white tops but with brown tops and sleeves... figured I embrace the Browns name a bit, same options for the pants.

ALTERNATE(S)
All orange or all brown, choose your fancy, that's the alt.

RETRO
The Browns celebrate their retro look with the era that made that good... late 60's/early 70's.

BIG CITY
White helmet, orange tops and brown pants.... and originally I was going to offer a Rock Hall and Fame look but that would be stupid.

I hate to be the one to say it, but holy cow! This is information overload. You’re very ambitious, but how can people give you C&C when you’re just pumping out your ideas left and right? You don’t really have a theme going except taking all different sports teams and turning them over to football uniforms, but at the same time you’re changing existing teams...

Your work is getting better, but it’s just way too much to take in and analyze all at once.

I think you should do 1 at a time....even though 2 or 3 would be okay, but I guess it’s too late for that now. Just for future reference, take it slow because this isn’t a race. Even if you complete all of your ideas on your PC, or whatever you use...just give everyone some time to check out each batch and give yourself some time to maybe walk away and come back to them. Having a fresh look after a day or so will maybe help you decide what should stay or go.

I hope I didn’t come off as belittling or mean because I honestly think that others may have the same feeling as me, it’s really just my gut reaction after seeing you post so much. It’s not that you don’t have good ideas, it’s the rapid-fire approach that may be turning some people away from offering more of their comments. 

16 minutes ago, builtbymachines said:

I hate to be the one to say it, but holy cow! This is information overload. You’re very ambitious, but how can people give you C&C when you’re just pumping out your ideas left and right? You don’t really have a theme going except taking all different sports teams and turning them over to football uniforms, but at the same time you’re changing existing teams...

Your work is getting better, but it’s just way too much to take in and analyze all at once.

I think you should do 1 at a time....even though 2 or 3 would be okay, but I guess it’s too late for that now. Just for future reference, take it slow because this isn’t a race. Even if you complete all of your ideas on your PC, or whatever you use...just give everyone some time to check out each batch and give yourself some time to maybe walk away and come back to them. Having a fresh look after a day or so will maybe help you decide what should stay or go.

I hope I didn’t come off as belittling or mean because I honestly think that others may have the same feeling as me, it’s really just my gut reaction after seeing you post so much. It’s not that you don’t have good ideas, it’s the rapid-fire approach that may be turning some people away from offering more of their comments. 

In his defense he’s taking them slow, nobody’s responding in between them to make it seem like he’s posting them all at once.

Secondly, your concepts have improved slightly, but they still need a lot of work, it seems like a lot of paint filling in the sections rather than actually making a concept. If that makes sense. That Browns retro look is probably your best concept. Outside of the generic font you’ve used for probably 2/3 of your teams. Which is another problem.

To save you and me time, I’ll sum it up to this, bland mediocre, change for changes sake concepts. Look at actually uniforms and you should be able to notice that most of your concepts would never fly irl. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

6 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

In his defense he’s taking them slow, nobody’s responding in between them to make it seem like he’s posting them all at once.

Secondly, your concepts have improved slightly, but they still need a lot of work, it seems like a lot of paint filling in the sections rather than actually making a concept. If that makes sense. That Browns retro look is probably your best concept. Outside of the generic font you’ve used for probably 2/3 of your teams. Which is another problem.

To save you and me time, I’ll sum it up to this, bland mediocre, change for changes sake concepts. Look at actually uniforms and you should be able to notice that most of your concepts would never fly irl. 

Correct I do take them slow, 1 team takes a lot of work.... it's only when I did 2 teams at once then I did go nuts.

The generic font defense I can offer is that it is hard to find fonts for the different teams whilst looking for other fonts for the fun stuff.... so yeah copy and paste is a problem but its time-saving whilst yes it's usually frowned upon.

Those 'fun' uniforms I know won't make it into the actual NFL, it's the regular teams and the expansions i'm focused on and I did give reasonings into why I chose my colours... especially the Hawks.

8 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

What was your reasoning for including grey?

I wanted to bring something back from their past and in that past was grey so yeah that's my reasoning.

Hang on I just realised something.... are the collars and jerseys supposed to be the same as the shirt?

39 minutes ago, heavybassX said:

Hang on I just realised something.... are the collars and jerseys supposed to be the same as the shirt?

Probably why you should look at other people’s concepts and real life examples.

40 minutes ago, heavybassX said:

The generic font defense I can offer is that it is hard to find fonts for the different teams whilst looking for other fonts for the fun stuff.... so yeah copy and paste is a problem but its time-saving whilst yes it's usually frowned upon.

Those 'fun' uniforms I know won't make it into the actual NFL, it's the regular teams and the expansions i'm focused on and I did give reasonings into why I chose my colours... especially the Hawks.

Spend time looking for fonts then, it doesn’t take long and if it does your probably doing something wrong. Places like Dafont.com are free websites with hundreds of downloadable fonts, spend 20 minutes downloading a bunch.

And when referring to the uniforms that would never fly irl, I’m not just referring to your “fun” ones, most of your nfl ones are also pretty unrealistic and feel like changes for changes sake, the browns don’t and won’t ever need use or want to use grey in an actual uniform (ignore the inverted ones because they were never meant to take the field) Same with your idea of multiple helmets. Texans aren’t allowed to have both a white and blue helmet.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 hours ago, heavybassX said:

Well this is a bad setback... looks like I might take a while to fix the mistakes.

That’s alright... take your time! No need to rush content out, you got a lot to learn. It feels like you’re being more receptive to C&C, so that’s a start in the right direction. 

Hello friends it's been a few days since well literally the rug was thrown under me creatively and no one telling me how far I've dug into the pit so to speak.... so with this in mind I am dedicating the next few posts of mine (answering CC aside and general) to sorting  myself out of the hole... and i'm doing it in stages, also to note these changes are final and I've had a creative brainstorm over the changes as well as a couple that some people aren't going to like.... so let's go with the NFC updates as it's part 1 of 4.

GENERAL
Collars and sleeves are now fixed.
The Nike branded concepts are staying the same ((I wanted to highlight the decline of Nike products in this timeline following the loss of their exclusivity deal and their new general number/font scheme plastered all over their teams **Teams affected are trying to get out of this deal... this includes the Cowboys.**))

NFC

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons
Tampa Bay Bucs

Arizona Cardinals
LA Rams

CHANGES

Mostly Detroit had a redesign because the collars were now shirt colour, so I adjusted.... proper name fonts for the non-Nike teams although some numbers stayed the same ((Also avoided the 24 number font for the Bucs, its cancerous and hopefully gone forever.))

• 2 weeks later...

And now...

AFC

Miami Dolphins
New York Jets

Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens

Tennessee Titans
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars

Las Vegas Raiders
LA Chargers

CHANGES
Same in general, collars and sleeves are the same as the shirt. Quite a lot of changes.... I made the Jags numbering larger so it'll be noticed more, Titans tops are the same front and back for the sword part. Bengals are dark orange and Browns are lighter orange well for the moment until the Browns change their uniform set.

Archived