Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for the Ravens and I've done something different... I wondered what would happen if i swapped out the gold font with the red so what I did was change the eye to gold and thus I made the red now a feature of the logo and now becomes the accent.

mceEGTAe_CSYGQ3Vh4Ket0C7ttvxLUkNPuhwJzvX

2V8JUxAVgz4W3xJWFIn34IAV1pOquSxU323Vip0S

SFqLYGKzW1ywzBw4o8VfmmCQZ2gp9L8WnGA91qzm

Now then I made something just in case those don't like the midnight purple....

8r9kE4IUt3dMvUEKTYXr7C7VchxECT-wrQ3okhW0

At long last we are at the last two teams needed the V3 treatment and it's minor/no detail time as we unveil the Titans and the Texans....

ZsJVmz1CH0xXiStsDgmsOwT0JOwk6BSJkGrqIzwt

7rIdHS9NOQTrYCFwVATfHpKMLvSnNXRu7_ChXlg8

V2nPVH1rO4KDE-zDn2MuNaSIZFDeZmWv1UbyarHH

yW4uSdPC7NHWCtSL8rShMcJOKDvHBQNRiafKf6D3

pan0D7vk1cMvsd32Ei8BLstLZtMaUF_L6t_KJOAP

dywBoVIpYyvKhyoMa3kRnBPS7F4_LCPHHGFu9xGs

Reminder that in this continunity, the Titans were the big victims of the Blackout as they were near bankruptcy before agreeing to sell Oiler trademarks back to the NFL for a large sum of money that covered their debts... this however was received with hostile negativity as the fans saw the club as sellouts and for nearly 5-6 years gave endless :censored: to the team, the management and the owners, heck it got so bad that the Titans threatened Nashville with moving the team as relations were so bad.

Louisville was rumored to be a reocation destination but that was quelled down and things remained normal, but who knows... I might do what ifs at some point down the line.

And now for the thread's continuation with a brand NEW team as we wrap up the third batch as we head to the West... and first up we're going to the NFC West where the next team thrives in a state that is currently out of control but the team thrives as the only one in the Bay Area even though they are HQ'd in Santa Clara... yep you know where I'm going with this.

TIME FOR THE...

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!

NlTF3VGmlDkHevcLlE8hhpRI9AQASPTo1E-MuICf

mNYjh99y9lBFKuzq6iF4dsbigh0y7VyHxGBjDt4O

GrYcawTySARAow3hynNewJ68AhDNrvKv4C49NcJN

HOME
Traditional 49ers Scarlet Red... the basis of this team and the look throughout it's history, I figured I keep it simple with two large white stripes... primarily the pants are gold but they include Scarlet Red and White as well... just those three for the pants option.

ROAD

White tops as the standard fare of the league, you can't have white as the home kit you see... comes with the pants as well primarily play with the gold option, scarlet red and white are 2nd and 3rd choices.

ALTERNATE

The all black look, forever associated with Colin Kaepernick aka the man who took a knee... moved on from this calamity, I added a black helmet with scarlet red and gold stripes just so it looks fancy... there are those that want the kit thrown out for good.

RETRO
Wouldn't be much of a retro kit if I don't talk about the 80's 49ers aka the era of Joe Montana and Steve Young... classic three stripes, bright golden helmet, dark golden pants with that distinct bright red top... it's an iconic look and I didn't want to deviate from that classic look.

BIG CITY 1 AND 2
9jm7YvsHIH7fBMKkxec4dBEEMlPzrwGAiZ4Rk7Lb

The first big city uniform is based on this helmet...

spacer.png

Now some will say it's a rip off of the Cardinals look but if you look at that then I think the 49ers can make it better... the red is darker because that's the red from the late 90's to the mid 00's, people liked the look although management ditched it because they weren't winning stuff... kind of like current 49ers.

5g3JwB_JdInzi_6v8chyZp8XXmCxj52hBzWxIRn4

Big City 2's look is essentially Platinum as you may think it's SIlver from the early days of the 49ers but it's actually Platinum which I think is a much richer and more valuable look and essentially makes them well blingy

And finally for this round of concepts... we move onto the AFC's version of the sleeping giant, a team that won 3 Super Bowls, known as one of the toughest defenses of all time and being referenced in a REM song... today we honor the Orange Crush or as the NFL knows them as...

THE DENVER BRONCOS
dqf5LgF_wlw7ZGFKA17uHTgQ3BGyROUz85N9U9oF

nwZegCG85ga3mlG29V3QbDW-eIZKYOLCj3BF8AQ0

d4OkahkhhFW0EfmNMFEVtUKsoDlDsY0oypGyjSSa

HOME
The change was long overdue... The Broncos playing in Orange Crush as they broke their own curse in 2015 was the starting point as the team needed a new visual look, so it was decided to become Royal Blue as this was a hybrid of the old and the new, the old having the striped helmet and the stripes on the sleeve alongside the new which is the logo and the lettering... pant options are white, royal blue and orange... nothing dark here, this is all light colours as the NFL silently encouraged teams to move away from navy.

ROAD

White shirts as the league standard but using royal blue pants alongside b o b striping.... the numbers are orange as it supposed to be bright enough to see, the pant option is royal blue, white and orange, still no dark colours... team moved on from that look as the main.

ALTERNATE
The dynasty look... the navy Broncos, first unveiled in 1997 this allowed the Broncos to finally win the Super Bowl after 4 attempts, that and the following year saw their 2 successes in the Super Bowl defeating the Packers and the Falcons in the big game.... it's a winning look that is part time.

RETRO
The Orange Crush.... a name that strikes fear in offensive teams, this is their most historical look. My inspiration comes from two eras of the Crush... the mid 70's and the 1989 Orange Crush.... using the colours of the mid 70's Crush to use over the 89 look creates this throwback.

BIG CITY

Snow, snow as far as the eyes can see..... yes Snow is an actual colour, it's 255, 250, 250 and whilst it would of been a decent look there was one problem.... when they debut this look, it was during one of the worst snowstorms in Colorado history as the national outcry from the tv audience, the social media audience and the attendance as no one was able to SEE this team and this caused issues, so the NFL ordered the team to add dark stripings so that the team can be seen better.... Broncos slapped on navy and orange because it was a quick fix.

Team still gets mocked as the team NO ONE can see.

Time for an update and whilst I did say I was gonna finish off the expansion teams for now, instead I figured I go into the fun teams... and technically I spoilt this team entirely in the think tank thread, how do you make a concept out of a side that only existed for two years?

I had a think about it... and so I came up with an idea that essentially that was the reverse of their history... what if they began life as the Rockies?

0zhm3vbxjRa-ugD0pHQOjN_bwLkljwh9YRpliRsK

Instead of thriving in Colorado, they were instead moved away as the big lights of Kansas drew the team out... and eventually they stayed in Kansas as the now...

KANSAS CITY SCOUTS
1wz9XgpahVQTsqgXljDs-QB3zl1AM0LF9UA-ZdUC

aUQBDcdAuxxBZl7zxJBxN8c8Knhe4lhB8r4V12uB

AfrfKB1O8GkARDtDrcZSv5vWIv3hwvxZ8UJ581J5

Now we update this thread with the 51st team.... the first of two teams in LA that are in the fun league and the one that is traditional compared to their flashier more well known inner rivals... so I present to all of you, the former USFL team known as....

THE LOS ANGELES EXPRESS
T-q_ZoOvKVi0q8gFASkDpoIe5uF60gfqEO_e1VdL

TSQJw_df8Z8xtZtjCJoP78ImwqewOfapTnCJPS-G

SHGZPmis5QTfLirFnO_f8ZgTrlERErJ516BaoYIn

I didn't really want to go too far from the Express and I thank the Reclaimation Thread in particular for perserving the USFL teams as well as the WFL teams... without it then I would of been forced to search the net for a decent Express logo.

So Purple/White with Magenta tones with Grey Helmet and Pants... it's a Unique look honestly.

To go with the Purple/White tones of the Express... I bring the complete opposite to the only division left needing an update.... in a division where the Predators, the Bandits, the Stallions and the Hawks fight amongst each other... there has to be a team that stands out in the South.

Unfortuately there isn't much teams that show off better than...

HOUSTON ASTROS
InFvRYGrCvvqI_Fwx0MXqyk14w5UTdVU7hAOIxyA

pgV630sUGAdA-kGgg3emyWDf7J-Zhfjetj7uXkZH

u8TXd-ggz1taYdma03OcogndrTZ5XDDLuHNezZSJ

The Astros are the most colorful of the teams out there and I went into their history book for Retro and Big City so yeah I did my research on this one.... what do you all think?

I figured I get this out of the way because I'm going to be uploading the updated Wave 2 of Expansions soon (Beats, Bisons, River Hogs and Oilers) and then 4 more fun teams before I go ahead and finish off the regular NFL concepts ((I've done 2 and working on 2 more... Vikings is being handled as delicate as I can offer since it's a look that people can screw up on.))

There's going to be another batch of 8 teams coming and that will be the next expansion set... traditionally it'll go up to 48 with 8 leagues of 6 teams and I'm thinking of shifting a few teams around to make some sense... but I plan to do things a bit different, for a city chosen I plan to create 2 sets of uniforms for 2 options.

So here's what to expect from expansions because I'm going to list 24 places.

Austin, TX
Columbus, OH
Orlando, FL
Chicago, IL
Memphis, TN
Salt Lake City, UT
Sacremento, CA
San Antonio, TX
St Louis, MO
San Diego, CA
Birmingham, AL
Louisville, KY

London, ENG
Glasgow, SCO
Barcelona, ESP
Frankfurt, GER
Amsterdam, NED
Dusseldorf, GER
Hamilton, CAN
Vancouver, CAN
Calgary, CAN
Mexico City, MEX
Guadalajara, MEX
Monterrey, MEX

UPDATE TO EXPANSION TEAMS #2
u5c13u09PQpsHqesfY2cQf1uDTeJ5xi5ZXXngNTN

Vd8i1KC9BxaeHz9aYA3g3XfYZVEU7ZKaaqWdx-7z

Z3UgUYhrLwmjHmOtwMyPCs-1bilLhnGyEbkbQr0O

xVKoiSbefg8pW85ZdsLtEq9cGK8m0yJDV2YW3FiB

A3NuUc5rFHXr2xEhoAwW0C8bLiLOb-HBfW4tOE2C

Y-6gQGZuTykBYV7hxrXTn2nmOI3YjjsJjXfVpFvX

7NPS7VPH5FSU5OnOOrWD-Relx6V3Fu6n68g0Pruu

m3HjQuXQcUCeoTSJs7DZ1zpl3TXxPrMiPLTrCwdT

SlhLLDiOpvBC2x7KabPu0GcCusDY--TRk2bXgM_b

That's the only thing I did with these three was update the NFL shield on each, The Bisons might be heading for a redesign following the Broncos changing to Royal Blue... that might come after all teams are done... and now we move onto the big change, I've redesigned the Oilers to give them a Texas feel.

bCTDYjQnKufDcPj0H3Va7Yxwm4RlHz4Foya_QLR9

DJBcIhZBho09zRZu7JX4Eoi1cRoNhZV7sdlu8c_n

kzP9fVTzZunel81_DaOw5IF7OegrTBByJB8_RSQD

With that all expansions have been updated so the only thing left to do is to design and upload the last 8 teams in the regular NFL... I've done half of them already so I can give you all a sneak peek at what is to come.

KhWstuZfxqMYmMgPXr6_oNPEeIttIfh_udlL399U

On 11/24/2019 at 9:20 PM, heavybassX said:

I figured I get this out of the way because I'm going to be uploading the updated Wave 2 of Expansions soon (Beats, Bisons, River Hogs and Oilers) and then 4 more fun teams before I go ahead and finish off the regular NFL concepts ((I've done 2 and working on 2 more... Vikings is being handled as delicate as I can offer since it's a look that people can screw up on.))

There's going to be another batch of 8 teams coming and that will be the next expansion set... traditionally it'll go up to 48 with 8 leagues of 6 teams and I'm thinking of shifting a few teams around to make some sense... but I plan to do things a bit different, for a city chosen I plan to create 2 sets of uniforms for 2 options.

So here's what to expect from expansions because I'm going to list 24 places.

Austin, TX
Columbus, OH
Orlando, FL

Memphis, TN
Salt Lake City, UT
Sacremento, CA
San Antonio, TX
St Louis, MO
San Diego, CA
Birmingham, AL
Louisville, KY

You can add these cities as well:

Milwaukee, WI

Raleigh-Durham, NC

Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA

Albuquerque, NM

Boise, ID

El Paso, TX

Oklahoma City, OK

Omaha, NE

Portland, OR

The only problem with the cities I listed is some don't have a stadium. But these along with the cities you listed, you could have a whole new spring league!

2 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

You can add these cities as well:

Milwaukee, WI

Raleigh-Durham, NC

Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA

Albuquerque, NM

Boise, ID

El Paso, TX

Oklahoma City, OK ((Bisons exist so it'll have to be Tulsa.))

Omaha, NE

Portland, OR ((River Hogs operate from the Bay of Pigs... it works just as you imagine, it'll have to be Salem or Eugene.. maybe the latter))

The only problem with the cities I listed is some don't have a stadium. But these along with the cities you listed, you could have a whole new spring league!

You probably might of given me my next work though which is a good idea... still thinking of where to do the Canadian NFL expansions... go east or go west.

I think it's time to unveil the last 8 teams of the regular NFL... or as I like to call them the founders.

The first team that is remaining to be completed is of course from the AFC East... but times have been absolutely difficult for this team for as soon as Goddell was forced out of the NFL... they suffered a worse turn of circumstances that essentially caused them to retire their Silver and Navy main look as it would be seen as tarnished... that was before Kraft's death but essentially they were stripped of the Super Bowl wins they won in Goddell's era... this meant that the Seahawks won their 2nd Super Bowl, the Falcons most infamous choke was erased and also the Rams have 2 Super Bowl titles now.

And so because of this, the Patriots had new management and a new owner... so they figured that if one of their rivals went through a refreshment and thrived, they wouldn't mind doing as much... soon as the Bills went back to the red helmets, this team made the refresh change so now this is...

THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
nDhKFssADkPB1gxHVPmOGm-41n6rcSKgcMyiawWW

Qd07pDlD-HkHoh5LopdUMFkgaFu4pm3p0HZLtsv9

UBVbjagssvPXxjsZglZhmxXPHU5ZZWEomvjS8iqD

HOME
When thinking how to refresh this team... I went with @MCM0313's suggestion of how the Buffalo Bills handled their refreshed design of reverting back to White with Blue uniforms. Here I did a combination of the Retro uniforms w/Stripe and the Mid 90's Patriot Blue tops to having White Helmets with white-faced Flying Elvis, merging two logos as well.

Pant options are Blue and Red alongside the White.

ROAD
NFL insisted on white tops for the road as it became a league rule but blue pants are the standard choice, other pant options are White and Red.

ALTERNATE
The dynasty years previously called, now it symbolises a dull look that is associated with their 3 Super Bowl wins pre-2010... Silver and Navy are an iconic look that is outdated but it is only represented as an alternative and no longer a full time look.

RETRO
Classic Patriots of 1985, that was what the design I had in mind.

BIG CITY
Originally the big city look was in mind for their neighbours, the Revolution. However the Revs are a soccer club that doesn't have a good look... instead of that, I figured what would happen if they took an idea from New England's unofficial flag and run with it... the answer is forest green flying elvis, forest green tops and red pants.

((Because of this I can't revive my original Birmingham Americans concept so if there's a Birmingham concept coming, it'll have to be something different.))

Archived