Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The final expansion team that Goddell's last initiative produced and it was no secret that the NFL had wanted to put an NFL team in Toronto, heck the Bills were about to be relocated before the owner that made the idea died and it was shelved permanently... but this didn't stop Goddell at all, the 3rd announced team expansion was Toronto although EA are real idiots for their three choices.

Thunderbirds? That belongs to St Louis, seriously it does.... A Thunderbird is part of the midwest and St Louis works.
Huskies? Pffffft Nope.
Mounties? F No that's just lame.

So I went in a different direction originally and chose one of the CFL teams... in particular the Argonauts as at the time their attendance levels were deathly low thus it provided the NFL with an opening that they had to make and it made shockwaves throughout the sporting world.... they would fund a new 60,000+ indoor stadium in exchange for allowing the new Toronto team to use the Argonauts and share the success of one of Canada's proudest teams.

CFL needed the money, they weren't shameless.

And so we introduce...

THE TORONTO ARGONAUTS
dRYDdVV6cJ1GOIofIf0KGominuoMovKmU34hEheT

A0AgP3WXR2IUGAPJ6jWG4yNU1Zw3c85bRJFIcgR5

-IUlonAMPHz19pxIU-Tf22mSWGO6rzG0bN-jb9C6

HOME
Originally I used the A logo with the shield as the helmet but I wanted to improve that idea so I went with the Mid 90's Argonauts logo coloured with the double blue... someone created it and I liked it, so I credit that person and used it as the helmet..... Oxford Blue and Cambridge Blue alongside the traditional stripings.

ROAD
Argonauts like to use the White Road so mix up the Oxford Blue in place of the white lettering and used the double blue stripings.

ALTERNATE

This is actually still the Double Blue they use, except it's in different shades ((Oxford is the darker blue and Cambridge is the greenish blue)) and I figured that is the best way to keep it traditional and yes that blue looks green... it's still part of their history.

RETRO
Nothing screams Argonauts than BOAT! Seriously that boat looks cool and so I decided to combine two previous Retro kits from the 00's and use the lighter blue as the base of the concept, with the pant stripes now in triples... the helmet's white with lighter blue face mask.

BIG CITY
Nothing screams Big CIty than bad colours from different times, so Adidas decided to use the actual colours from the mid 90's concept and created a Teal and Grey concept that has a Teal helmet with Grey facemask, white striping in places and I tried to make it presentable... I did.

Alrighty then time for an update, the first of two concepts to come from the FXFL where an experimental time to create a developmental league was fresh and there were only two names that came from this experiment that are still relevant in people's memories... this is the first team to do so.

THE OMAHA MAMMOTHS
JnZnbTmvDhwTUU2TQVW028xouJPU3W8tOKMwTNq_

ORqE3FLsWft-34pZ8FUGiT4hWdp55AIxC9wbK9AR

EWPDTjKN5NrrWJjF0qDXMTxfo1MU0dOoc-zw2IXr

This was a fun thing to do and that is to create a concept that comes from abstract resources... so I went with a classic look for the Mammoths in all their kits.

Let's get back to business with the actual teams... and the following is a 3 part spoiler for what will happen with the next expansion coming up at the end of this 2nd round of NFL teams... so in this timeline, the NFL didn't have a season and without a season then teams didn't have the means to make money off players and games and fans basically the whole lot.

One of the eight teams financially affected was the Titans who were on the verge of bankruptcy as they had a string of bad decisions and businesses that went against them... so when the NFL did reassume, they decided to sell the trademark of the Oilers back to the NFL... Titans fans understood why they had to do it and the money they got was beneficial for them to do a rebrand of the team since they lost access to the Oilers Red and the Oilers Blue.... they were only allowed the blue in the throwback kits though.

However that has not stopped me from doing what the Titans should of done and went ahead with the rebrand, adding a new dark red called Titan Red II.... these are the newly rebranded....

THE TENNESSEE TITANS
DoobH9U7Afwr_TGPIs9BLpTRf8IivazbHJrpCcci

YPutSDe4DV0Y42p76unhgwvOe85skGkxi5CjOhRy

J7f-neQfJ3mownIpx382OhRW0i35nPCiO7t_I84s

I must be doing a good job with these kits if no one's commenting and such... I think that's how it works anyway, moving onto the next team and this one is obvious.... the most stubborn team to ever exist in the NFL, when you talk about this team... normally you talk about an insane fanbase known as the Black Hole and a team that began life in Oakland then moved to Los Angeles and then moving back to Oakland before they uprooted and moved to the Western Superpower that is called Vegas.

However Vegas's attempts to force the Raiders to adapt to it's gold resulted in an eventual take over of the city that primary belongs to the SIlver and Black, in fact they have a rivalry against the other Vegas team of the NHL kind known as the Golden Knights and their fans collide with the Raiders fanbase each season which was an unexpected development.

Now it's time to show off LV's top side....

THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
8kRneO3mZugXQkP3VvbZEqEARsLUWMhhLfJbCCJH

ipwqgGIzd2tFekKlIOcXnsSuDDt93CorAYLgyQBF

Suwjc1uyfYCcRiKIpzov_KeXoR-YnzeueZ3fsnuf

The Alternate symbolises the fanbase more because it became a good luck charm, not to mention under the lights of the new stadium, they stood out.... Before the shut out season, Raiders moved to Vegas and won the Super Bowl stunning everyone... the fans had a massive party in Sin City.... the only big changes I provided was White Pants and changing the Silver to Raider Black thus providing intimidation on the road and at their new home which is TERRIFYING.

Unfortuately they had a new slump recently but they'll get back on top for their 5th Super Bowl..... eventually.

The next team for this is of course everyone's favourite controversal naming team and yet I had this whole spiel about how Synder refused to back down from the name liberals that wanted him to change the team for the sake of not offending Native Americans.... but the issue's been resolved since last year and that was ruined.

Ok let's start over....

Next up on the concepts list.

THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS
qT1tLemtzbOD_EyovaOI9iqafwNHyUyUGgqk1NlR

Ivf6jf8LKN8wgDnntxaBDTsbhdfl-SpAQYl4PVd9

nyLzfs0sgzpaBsXG76yRcD4pafniNWw1mn74WZlv

Pny07JYhHAmD1Solo80V8DDwst-MSIVebhm8AA1t

I've always seen the Redskins to be Maroon and not Burgundy as some would say.... however I wasn't sure what to put up as the third kit so it's a split between the Alternate which is essentially a combination of the current Alts and the Spear logo or the Retro kit which is basically the 1991 team which was recently voted the best team to win the Superbowl.

The 20th team of this concept threadpool is a team that botched their look recently with their 24 designed font and ugly, UGLY kits... so I decided to press the nuke and revert them back to their previous kit.... however they decided to not go with the red of that kit and instead went with the current red that had the side effect of being known and mocked as the Candy Bay Buccaneers.

So here's...

TAMPA BAY
6839LtheUgJvSK2r02ehkW7CbiTRJ8feB9HP3eeJ

6QaSukkP4Q4WbAlpMooATu0BnB1W5cn8DYHlY_vZ

J_K-g-xZKp4p0um8CeC-zpLr6AaMdy_Wv4cwSCGz

Also Bruce has been reverted back to his Retro font although mixed in with the alternate redo before the one helmet rule was introduced... to which I've reversed as par the thread.

Time to go back to the AFC and in particular we are heading back to the East for a team that has fins in it's name and an unbeaten season that they still parade as their greatest achivement... it's time for.

THE MIAMI DOLPHINS

hQYGKwy79EJKPfMg-kusCPBFswzDG3zKOpH0MMNS

baJYWStpfni_HD2ZQ7d28PaD2VtAYFllefQvRPj-

2fYmutmy6oB212pqT_RASC-05y6oSwTLrlQwpoYA

The retro as you can see is actually based on their back to back Super Bowl Victories of 72 and 73 and they celebrated the 50th anniversary of their successful season... by going to the Super Bowl although they were crushed by a powerful offense at the time known as the Carolina Panthers.

Next up was a team that I wasn't originally working on... as I was working on the Browns but then accidently I discovered what I figured was the true colour of this team.... originally created as an expy of the Browns, they haven't had much of an identity for many, many years until 1988 where they went with a look that took them to the Super Bowl where they were literally fed to the 49ers which kickstarted THEIR dynasty.

But as the saying goes, if the Browns are going lighter than these Bengals have to go to a darker orange and technically I would call this a redesign as well.

WHO DEY?

THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
vXfMQZ0Uw90pp65MjLh1uGfZRO5718RN9c_jiNgW

eYUpHD91LkAVnQLuKFsoTPfFnkodp3_djNV1QNM9

NRHvJ1p2t9-nG_WtrRTKybXNUsjo4SMt3KNj5ueP

So the new orange is basically a darker orange that closely reassembles a Bengal Tiger instead of straight up bright orange to which the Browns are now taking as their look... so I figured I needed to give the Bens a redesign and well things worked out... again I know hand-drawn things is a no-no but considering I am working on restrictions, I had no choice and apologises if you feel aghasted.

Retro is the 88 kit that went to the Super Bowl and ignited the 49er's dynasty... which is weird because they were going to win at one point and a big what if would be if the Bengals won that game, would they go on to win a couple more?

Next up in the concept files is a team that was dragged into the modern age by change of ownership, the late Virginia Halas Mccaskey died of natural causes as this caused her son George to take over... he decided to embrace change and brought in new faces to fine tune the Bears engine and keep the Midway rolling... however they decided to drop the tradition from the Bears, instead allowing Nike to came up with new numbers and lettering.

This caused a great schism and divided Chicago, some embraced the change whilst others decided that nope the old look was better and still wore the old Bears jerseys to games... this would be a trigger to allow Chicago a 2nd team which was unheard of.

So take a look at the modern rejuvenated machine known as....

DA BEARS!
OQVRGFsSYQmqI_uDOY7OehiIkZ7LBvftO8fXy4gj

646uCx5SMIdoYaeQbzDIjklG8DD3Beb9W90RpLG4

PGTlR6YOj7twlj5D5iTI8DMZyvnZkzaKZcccZu2F

To conclude this bunch of actual NFL concepts... I now look into a team that vastly needs a redesign desperately, a team that is older than the Bears, this franchise is roughly a hundred years old but started from Chicago before moving to St Louis and then moving to Phoenix before adapting the name known as Arizona... they nearly went back to St Louis as on the cards was a relocation planned because of St Louis winning the lawsuit against the NFL and Kronke during the shut out season.

Seeing Arizona lose the Coyotes to Houston forced the state to offer a larger attendance to their stadium which broke the 80k barrier... so they stopped the Diamondbacks from moving and eventually the new owners decided to stay in Arizona... but they decided to embrace the entire history of the franchise for their look which I've tried to replicate.

Here are the newly attuned...

ARIZONA CARDINALS
9Y8hLLJhRvJNNLoqOUhEF9hOb7ua3RM-AU2bPNel

tHqzh9Ji18Bs7DcM-FimISFfkpztoaahppK4sXuC

FTIfyoYl-wMZftYrFDngDBUBQYsTc2N6OR65aAoi

What I did:

What I did was essentially revert the Cardinals back to their simplier looks, eliminate the lines and embraced a larger colour palette which includes the Arizona Flag in places... now you may think the Blue is in fact wrong but actually it was a staple in their Chicago days so for the Big City... I used the Arizona Blue rather than what the blue the Chicago Cards used.

Copper for the home shirts, Silver for the road shirts and improve the black look with cardinal red in places... because the one helmet policy is being barbecued on the side with some roasted potatoes and garlic bread.

For the Retro option... I picked 2 choices.

CHOICE 1: St Louis Cardinals
6A_OfmkY6J0xFdw1LuTiFYAaXE_nAy8CA65ek3Xp

Choice 2: Chicago Cardinals
Q1pt8qrlYhW5PFtGI8GlhnjbKCiKPHPyH6PPeXIn

It's time for the 2nd round of expansion... Stage 2 of Goddell's Final Resolution, these 4 teams were brought in to stablise the NFL and restore order to the East, North, South and West... three of these teams are brand new and expand into 3 critical areas of US marketing.... the one that is up first is part 2 of the Titans selling the Oilers IP back to the NFL to strave off bankrupcy.

As expected the new expansion team from Houston was chosen and in a not too surprising vote, Oilers was picked first ahead of Gunners and Voyagers.

So welcome back as an expansion team...

THE HOUSTON OILERS

oDpdz0Z_hUqnlfdtzq32-fcVQ0tRAHLKWFzC8ubn

fFYcDslHFy77gptVkKphVpkEiH_sfFDvfIcPP3q3

Q-jgeAfhr66hGo8xb4a5WRxsdFGjM8AirGruHEpv

HOME
Titans Blues and Titans Red are actually originally Oilers Blue and Oilers Red and they are back home as they play in front of a rebuilt Astrodome.

ROAD
How do you represent your team's best interests? Why lighten the blue and the red and use them as road representation.

ALTERNATE
The Alternate is mostly just red tops with white pants and reverse patterns... so blue/red/blue... same goes for the helmet.

RETRO
Instead of the blue helmet, I went with the 60's/70's design of grey helmets and a steel blue... besides the 90's look is represented in the road so I figured I try something else.

BIG CITY

More shenanigans from Nike... and besides this was inspired by the Texans in Oilers colors, so I figured let's do the reverse... I know it's not something that most will like.

Moving onto one of the newer teams of the 2nd expansion, dealing with the first one and this is where the Bolts come from... but from interesting origins, this expansion caused a major incident to happen with the placement of this team... do they go into the AFC's North division or the NFC's East division, eventually this forced the NFL to pass a rule stating that there could only be 2 teams from a state in a division.

Moving onto the newest reps of the league that play in the unique indoor stadium known as Brooklyn Heights.

THE BROOKLYN BEATS
zeNMn63j476JuwR1cB9rKJm3loaitPUdR_NFHMIz

_ueNdLUeT_87Yn1XSxkjHBZL0zLXj8Ft2suyAElP

zr3_TGpXrq-u-tiGouc3HvCkRdMMJ7iYfPnFoZYz

HOME
Purple, Silver and White are a very unique scheme for the NFL... mostly silver helmets with white accents, purple top and silver pants with purple socks.

ROAD

Same Silver helmet but with purple accents, white top and purple pants which are then accompanied by white socks.

ALTERNATE
They tried a black helmet which didn't work so going with the white helmet instead, they use black accents, purple tops and black pants with black socks.

RETRO
Honoring their roots as they came from the Brooklyn Nets originally, they use black, white and grey to say thanks for making us.

BIG CITY
I can assure you that this is actually the color of bling... a bit of ice can help and it shows with purple accents so as to not be lost on the field.

Archived