Heavy's Concepts Take 2 - Birmingham, AL **86/??**

heavybass

Next up is Oklahoma City, a state that is home to the Sooners.... so what happens when an expansion team comes in and is secretly financed by the OKC Thunder? Well you get...

THE OKC BISONS
5qoPH-nZsuPotoRz6WNG9xaBahJD2tGR8VJvN6zV

Vxv44oqqUvseQULxGxPn_VjpnNX4tg4-IeiUmbms

V7KZqHwNbRdVeuUuJXTuEeMfGfc6RDZfFjEeTLot

Seriously I had a realisation when I was working on the Bisons... they're in Oklahoma, have an orange and blue concept and it dawned on me.... and to show you all the 'retro' of this concept base.

NE-uDY2azuEtzVyhZL4ArJLwiZz_jBFvQeZJhZLw

Darken that blue and make the orange sunset... and it's THUNDER.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving onto the 40th team in the NFL and the last of the current expansion... and the last of the Goddell intiative, a team that was needed in the North West where the NFL were desperate for their own Portland/Seattle rivalry that seemed to be making the big monies.

This was a team I wanted to improve on since I used it originally... their stadium resides in the BAY of PIGS, a 60k+ riverside place where the fans are VERY passionate about...

THE RIVER HOGS OF PORTLAND
hWvhUqIz6_f_4YXdWWl-BsC9eb3WcVaG84jJyZmV

hNrhDSPX8YTYksrchUAcG74Med9nvUNPUAFJc_Gj

--al6BgtUnsch6je-XHhSMuHep16JPGcfAqQoA9_

Time for the explanations....

HOME
Navy, Silver and White are a colour scheme that can look well so that's what I did... whilst originally I was looking for a somewhat traditional look, I also at the same wanted to out-do their rivals the Seahawks in looks so I went with tusks... the silver collar and sleeves are a signature of this franchise.

ROAD

White look with navy numbers with navy tusks and silver collar and sleeves.

ALTERNATE

All silver look with navy collars, sleeves and tusks... I didn't want to use white because it wouldn't be a good look.

RETRO
This team doesn't have a past connection to the area apart from say the Breakers and other teams but there are DIFFERENT from the River Hogs so I went with Royal Blue as their original colour historically in the expansion process but changed to the navy as you can see here.... silver collar+sleeves with white tusks.

BIG CITY
This was an unavoidable outcome as the Portland area is known for it's green... so combining the blue of the franchise with the green of the area produced a dark cyan that Adidas thought was a good idea... it was implemented with dark cyan top and helmet... with white pants, white tusks and royal blue collar/sleeves... it's a unique look, just not for the River Hogs... and Adidas wanted to see a Cyan combo for a different franchise but had to settle for this one instead.

So I figured I go back to the fun concepts aka teams that wouldn't get accepted into the NFL and the previous two were the Mammoths and the Bolts... and prior to that the Whalers and the Nordiques so I'm moving onto the NBA where logos are aplenty to use for concepts and the following is for the recently crowned champions... but I ain't using the We the North mantra, I will be using the retro look as Purple/Red is VASTLY underrated... and I wanted to make a 90's esc concept for a while.

SO PRESENTING....

THE TORONTO RAPTORS
X-mbZpOfR5mR09CMAIj0T5tEkGtygdkJDawDpUdE

48l4tlHfYySw-fvemO4IRGa04lqkcCI5I50ZNJWl

ngn_8UDjyzQOuiCUmWPpJP-sX53V_2Yc7jDUSa9E

Alright next fun team is a beloved Seattle team that should of never left to become OKC Thunder and more or less was driven to the ground by Starbucks for not just overpriced :censored: coffee... anyway this is something most people are not going to like but I did the best I could because I didn't want to use any other sports in my fun teams which is why I made concepts for the Whalers, the Nordiques, the Mammoths, the Bolts (Might redesign) and the Raptors.

So in fairness please take a look at my concept idea...

OF THE SEATTLE (SUPER)SONICS

wxgSUnPdwtLAFEaBut35lBTP6isR0IFcLupV22wn

1xEmBBSioyAbUxClT8MC-qX4V0OGFdYmPZxdfDRv

48sRuHKXr7Dvlu1bIKEcEnW8UWA6h-OPTp3b_Jfl

9tREuGZB777viZQ_DqTz8O5R8iGMrsJizqGLNgRy

Now then...moving onto the first USFL concept of this thread and I figured where does one go in this fun league... and I figured lets go to Tampa Bay and revisit a team that was literally fun to watch because of how they played and it was called BANDIT BALL.

The first fun team of the South area is the total opposite of Buccanners...

THE BANDITS OF TAMPA
Z1BnVoNZtivJvlu1G48IpKYAluy0vSRCeKnnvjYT

DUz81QADmYPhgrsiyckgbrTO3C7GGzAnRLGXgZIU

uNMgnD2n9irNyCgbN2fbVZcyqjZrpyrb76zkTMUL

The Bandits I kept essentially to their four colors and updated the Bandits logo to what the AH11 were going to do but they never went with it so I made with what I could do... there are 2 alternates, classic Bandits and a big city look.

Next up is likely going to be the Stallions of Birmingham.

Next up in the fun concept train is another USFL team that is direct rivals of the Bandits... in fact the USFL league had some very colorful teams in the south area and this led to rivalries that were fun to watch... one of these was not just the Bandits/Bulls rivalry but also the rivalry between the Bandits and the team that was compared to at the time was the 49ers of the East... since the 49ers were dominant at the mid 80's, I figured I make that transition for the Birmingham team.

Meet the...

BIRMINGHAM STALLIONS

NT9qtaQ4kby63AXHdURZZemFTQGzZwkB1DvCyhAG

Yp39ZeOCeC3bIQCW4JsjhiphMeDxEgIJSoKZ0NXX

i1WPQ8r-MQCwwBh6fGm4nGBGCWlVnzsUEumuaSwA

I wanted to give the Stallions a sort of hybrid 49'ers style of kit since they got compared to them at the time.... unlike the 49ers, they adapted the Black Alternate with some class and used their Big Wine City look to impress fans.... although many still love the classic Retro look.

I really ought to update this one since the new thread is going to be active regarding the fun stuff as these are V1's whilst working on what I call V2's in the other thread.

Anyway I promised a fun team in a hypothetical North Division and I figured I would do something traditional... how traditional?

Well you are not going to see black in this lot because traditionally they have been white, red and silver and are one of the original teams of the NHL.

DETROIT RED WINGS
HA1mtNh2EVOtHQiRIzQhGcDzfclE7PRXCi0hD3GF

t-AjRU6bKTikGIHv3dOsOVzYaaCL8E4VGcgLdPZO

QtkBby5BCWr03hx0yyH7N3c4h4r072cYYH2tS8J2

We break your regular fun concept schedule with an actual rebranding of the recent chokers of the NFC, a change that they had to do because they have been cursed with losing a Super Bowl and they have suffered since then it's...

THE ATLANTA FALCONS
E1OnGQIPt7LzpE-t3_Bf10DfVXTugl1Ee0iJW9h_

QR-cVm8hRaHIEol-42hxtmsWomC70Oa30OAKdYjU

JGJ1J6Yiy-nRanIjSr9dFeS49-zIoLtsEruD0dHi

HOME
The big changes here is the revertion to red helmets with black facemasks, it's a sort of reversion to the early days/mid 70's without the drastic departure... although they retain the black areas in upper arms and neck area with white trimmings, the rest is red and the pant options come in Red, Black and Silver, the white is gone completely as a pant option.

ROAD
White is automatically retained as a standard road colour, the black areas are the same and the trimming is red.... same pants option as the home.

ALTERNATE
The blacks areas are now red, the shirt is black and the pants are white... this is the old home kit before they dropped it citing it as choking hazard.

RETRO
The classic 90's black tops and silver pants are the retro theme.... and yes it looks good.

BIG CITY
lNuPuzqpIuGbHUnqFEzcwQCStcMoyvv1xBVfvfMx

YES SOMEONE MADE THIS IDEA ORIGINALLY AND THOUGHT THIS WAS AN IDEA THAT SOMEONE MADE AND IT'S BASED ON THAT TRAP HOUSE... I TRIED TO MITIGATE THE DAMAGE WITH BLACK AREAS BUT YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH WHAT YOU ARE DEALT WITH.

Archived