New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

So it's basically going to be the current set, more or less, with a vectored number font...

a4q_1yDQgpZCFeIogL0w4YqBFnY=.gif

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that. A simple update with a better green and fixed stripes on the shoulders and I'm happy. 

Because that's just an oval with an NY in it and combine that with the Giants already using an NY logo.

It's come up a few time here, but I really don't think that logo is a strong enough mark for a primary. Sure it's a decent alternate with the context of the current primary, but I wouldn't like it as the primary.

IEI5Tg1.png

3 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Because that's just an oval with an NY in it and combine that with the Giants already using an NY logo.

It's come up a few time here, but I really don't think that logo is a strong enough mark for a primary. Sure it's a decent alternate with the context of the current primary, but I wouldn't like it as the primary.

Well I wouldn't say a primary (would need text, etc.) but as a helmet logo it looks great to my eye. That being said it has nothing to do with jets or speed, but neither does their current overly complex helmet logo. 

The Instagram video claimed it was going to be something totally different than anything we’ve seen from the jets....

Nothing about their uniforms or logo says Jets to name. Although, the giants don’t either but at least they look solid. 

8 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Well he said it was close, not exact. I just hope its better then that lol

One of the most important lessons I've learned from this site is that the term "It's close" means absolutely nothing when it comes to the general population (see, not uniform nerds). The number of times I've heard that phrase referring to things that are completely different is staggering.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

14 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

One of the most important lessons I've learned from this site is that the term "It's close" means absolutely nothing when it comes to the general population (see, not uniform nerds). The number of times I've heard that phrase referring to things that are completely different is staggering.

very true... :/

Hey J-E-T-S fans, take a look at this very rare color photo from the 1963 season, with the newly renamed Jets (from Titans) and their one-season jet-airplane logo.

Pretty damn cool !!

NY Jets at Buffalo

07-DEC-1963

War Memorial Stadium . . . E Buffalo, NY

BILLS 45 - J-E-T-S 14

b91119d775584baf05b2b153f5228891.jpg

Very bizarre when seeing the goal posts on the goal line as it was back in those days. That had to of sucked.

This was played Week 14, and oddly both teams met again the following week to close out the regular season, which was  to be the Jets final ever home game at the old Polo Grounds in Manhattan, which became Week 15 of the 14-game AFL season.

There was no Week 12 in 1963. The AFL called off all the Sunday games after President Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas on the Friday before.  The NFL didn't suspend their games, and that was later deeply regretted by then NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle.

53 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Hey J-E-T-S fans, take a look at this very rare color photo from the 1963 season, with the newly renamed Jets (from Titans) and their one-season jet-airplane logo.

Pretty damn cool !!

NY Jets at Buffalo

07-DEC-1963

War Memorial Stadium . . . E Buffalo, NY

BILLS 45 - J-E-T-S 14

b91119d775584baf05b2b153f5228891.jpg

Very bizarre when seeing the goal posts on the goal line as it was back in those days. That had to of sucked.

This was played Week 14, and oddly both teams met again the following week to close out the regular season, which was  to be the Jets final ever home game at the old Polo Grounds in Manhattan, which became Week 15 of the 14-game AFL season.

There was no Week 12 in 1963. The AFL called off all the Sunday games after President Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas on the Friday before.  The NFL didn't suspend their games, and that was later deeply regretted by then NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle.

Thats awesome! great find! 

put this over in the NFL thread, but random musing:

since we've heard that the new logo is a partial rehash with a re-color, could we see something like the 'Jets' wordmark and football from the current logo with the jet silhouette coming off the 'J' like in the '80s logo, re-colored in sport green/white/black?

sig2024.png

Archived