New York Jets unveil new uniforms

New York Jets New Uniforms for 2019, Possible Leak

April 3, 2019 - 15:29 PM

With just one day until their big unveiling, the New York Jets may have had both their new logo and now, their new uniforms leaked. While we’re unable to confirm either of these leaks as legit, neither of them are […]

Read More...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Goatiest Maximian said:

IMO this is all most perfect. Take the pants stripes off and and instead of have the tacky shoulder stripes have something that looks like a vertical fin instead of a cape. It would make me think of those days of oceana and those gosh darn tom cats ( I miss ya gal).

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

The pants striping is different in the picture on different pants.

Darnold’s and Herndon’s striping is different though both are in white pants. Adams and Williams both have pant stripes that seem to just end at their hands.

Shoulder stripes are also different player to player

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

Darnold’s and Herndon’s striping is different though both are in white pants. Adams and Williams both have pant stripes that seem to just end at their hands.

also look at darnold's shoulder stripe. see that wonky green part?

spacer.png

also, we know they have TV numbers (from the jets hype video). those either aren't here or are barely visible. some warts are starting to show, and it's starting to tilt the scale toward fake for me...

sig2024.png

27 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Who would go to the trouble of faking this? It would be an insane amount of Photoshop work with zero incentive to do it. 

I can't wrap my head around why people immediately jump to farfetched conspiracy theories when the far more obvious answer is there. These uniforms are getting unveiled tomorrow. The Jets are surely preparing for this, which means putting up promotional images. Someone got a picture of one of these and posted it online. 

Also - we've seen time and time again that leaks as elaborate as this are always proven to be real. 

Easiest way to disprove this would be to see if any of the players shown are in that stance somewhere else. It's a lot of research to try and put one uniform together, let alone six. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, Brian E said:

also look at darnold's shoulder stripe. see that wonky green part?

spacer.png

also, we know they have TV numbers (from the jets hype video). those either aren't here or are barely visible. some warts are starting to show, and it's starting to tilt the scale toward fake for me...

Should pads are bumpy and players wear different models. That's the pretty easy explanation for why the stripes might look a little different. 

Theres no way those things are fake. Where are you finding that many posed shots high-res enough to swap the jerseys on them, all looking at the same camera, with the helmets reflecting the same lights? Would be an unbelievable amount of effort, like an impossible amount.

I'm a little perplexed that they wouldn't bring back the 80s wordmark with these.  Seems they would go hand in hand.

Overall though, I think they did a great job.  The striping isn't traditional, but it is restrained and confined to parts of the uniform where you'd expect to see stripes.  And if you took the team marks off of these, I would still guess that they were the Jets.  

3 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Should pads are bumpy and players wear different models. That's the pretty easy explanation for why the stripes might look a little different. 

nah, it's not a shoulder pad bump. it looks like a stray mis-stroke in a photo editor.

i don't have any skin in this game other than it's my favorite football team and i want them to look good (and i do like this look, so i wouldn't mind at all if this is it). i'm just saying that the more i'm looking at this, the more skeptical i'm becoming.

sig2024.png

2 hours ago, LeveonTheJet said:

Soo thoughts on this potential "Leak"? I think it's a bit reserved but definitely an 'evolution' of their look. Only thing I don't like is that logo on the helmet.4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

Solid but, yes, logo on helmet is odd. Specifically the arc (or at least what looks like a slight arc). Straight line italic works well... arc italic loses all the motion. 

I still can't believe the use of the "shards".  Especially on the pants.  These look like some totally generic off-brand dazzle pants from 2002 every other high school in the nation wore for a few years.  Horrific.  

Remove the shards and this would've been a simple, clean, good makeover.  But as-is, this is just BAD.

So was the "NY" completely dropped from the design or will they be the first team in the league with a tasteful hamstring patch?  Seems like the "NY" would have worked above the numbers on the chest instead of spelling out "New York".

4 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Solid but, yes, logo on helmet is odd. Specifically the arc (or at least what looks like a slight arc). Straight line italic works well... arc italic loses all the motion. 

Yes.  If this is legit, that's a very odd choice.  Unless they're trying to tie it in with the arc of the shoulder points, which itself is an odd choice with the sharp lines of the pant points.

The fact that the limelight Oregon’s crap isn’t there is great. The college looking New York on the front is a little much as well as the first football on the helmet. The problem I have with Jersey shoulder stripes like this and the Chargers is that it usually doesn’t look like it should on everyone like the dude all the way to the left. Now hopefully everyone gets their jersey custom fitted to make this go away but the Chargers jerseys still look like trash because of the stripe placement. Not all in for the black jersey but the color of green and the green helmet is nice. 

15 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

The only slight discrepancy I can even make out is that the pant stripe for the guy on the far right turns backward a little bit but that's almost certainly just warping from the pads under the pants. This leak is 100% real and I'll be totally and completely shocked if it isn't. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Yes.  If this is legit, that's a very odd choice.  Unless they're trying to tie it in with the arc of the shoulder points, which itself is an odd choice with the sharp lines of the pant points.

Actually the more I look at it I'm thinking it is fake. Some appear with the arc while others in the same photo look straight. Hmm. 

Archived