New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, MattMill said:

No color combos for stealth black sts . I'm guessing we'll see this crap for 4-5 weeks. 

That was pretty much my first thought after seeing everything.  It won't take long and all you'll see is the mono black set worn at home.

These don't have the NFL100 logo on the collar!! Fake news!!!!1!

I just couldn't resist the sarcasm... on a serious note, save for the BFBS set, I actually like this redesign. It's not as drab as Jacksonville, but it's not as contrived as Cleveland. The only stinker is the helmet logo.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

21 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

I cannot take you seriously with JB Smoove in your intro. 

Larry David really did put him in a certain box, huh?

I like the Jets new look. Sue me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nike fooled ya NEW YORK. 

The 'shard' or what you have has been on Nike uniforms for years. This from 2006-08 NCAA college basketball

spacer.png

It's more of a downward horns look here. But your front shoulder elements we see today have been rehashed, slightly changed, and resold today. 

Very generic job New York. Nike upsold you. 

18 minutes ago, jws008 said:

IMHO - It almost looks like the helmets and team logo were from one design team, and the jerseys, pants, and socks were from a second design team. Other than the typeface for Jets on the helmet and New York across the chest, nothing else “matches” so to speak.

That’s not uncommon. Product design and identity design are different disciplines, and as such, there are often separate teams that handle each. Sometimes they work completely separate, sometimes they work hand-in-hand. It depends on the structure of the business.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Like the stripes

Like the New York on the chest.

Like the Gotham Green.

Like the number font.

Hate the black.

Hate the Football on the helmet logo.

Hate the oval logo.

They’re definitely some of the best work Nike has done in the NFL. Other than the collegeish wordmarks on the chest and helmet, I think the worst downgrade about this uniform is the leotard look. The helmet is not at all the direction I was expecting. Number font is  is good  but clashes badly with the wordmarks. Green is a huge upgrade.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I still like them. If they wanted to have New York on the chest I would much rather them going with NY in an oval somewhere like their prior set. The helmet is going to be an issue in some lighting situations, coming off as almost black/dark green in certain settings, but I think it'll look nice on a bright day. Otherwise it's pretty tame by recent standards.

Apart from green socks on the white jersey, the black jersey and pants (unnecessary, please have a throwback instead for an alternate), and the helmet logo (feels off every time I look at it), I like this redesign. It's not over-complicated, but it's at the same time not trying to do too little (Jacksonville). With a few fixes this could be a great set 

24 minutes ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Home and Away looks are solid, Helmet is interesting, want to see it on gameday before final judgement.

That Black set though? The white numbers overwhelm the green trim, which would have been better on the old white helmet, but now, it seems too much. Green trimmed in White would have been a nice variation, but otherwise..... Jets, you didn't screw it up as bad as feared.

No.. that would've been an abomination

Archived