New York Jets unveil new uniforms

18 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Maybe I'm blind to lengths people might go to for attention, but that seems like an awful lot of work. 

It's actually insanely easy. Also, welcome to the internet. Where people will go to lengths beyond imagine for attention and to make themselves seem important. Every year with new uniforms we have people with "insider information" who are full of crap and proven wrong once the real uniforms come out.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, burgundy said:

Very possible, but the cheerleaders changing their uniforms so drastically during a rebrand greatly increases the odds of the team using that color scheme as well.

But with how secretive the Jets are being, do you really think that'd let a change like that slip out with cheerleader uniforms? 

Are the Jets being "secretive", or simply following the same protocol that most teams want to when unveiling a new look?  It's just that there's hasn't been inadvertently leaked yet.  "Secretive" and "protective" are different things.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It's similar to common workout gear for women, there's nothing wrong with it. No need to call them strippers.

Women working out aren’t there for eye candy.  Which, let’s be honest, is the whole point behind these cheer squads. 

14 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Are the Jets being "secretive", or simply following the same protocol that most teams want to when unveiling a new look?  It's just that there's hasn't been inadvertently leaked yet.  "Secretive" and "protective" are different things.

This is arguing semantics. When we (or at least myself) say secretive, we mean protective. The basic message is: if things haven't leaked yet, would it be leaked in such a sloppy manner as chearleader uniforms?

Just now, PaleVermilion81 said:

This is arguing semantics. When we (or at least myself) say secretive, we mean protective. The basic message is: if things haven't leaked yet, would it be leaked in such a sloppy manner as chearleader uniforms?

I dunno... To 99 out of 100 football fans, the kind of thinking involved in studying a cheerleader's unform to glean clues about an upcoming uniform change would seem pretty out there. If the Jets decided they needed the cheerleaders for some kind of off season promotion and had already fitted them out in new gear, I can see them not worrying too much about the tiny percentage of uniform geeks who would extrapolate vague info from it.

Here's my take.  Those cheerleader uniforms are promoting the upcoming 2019 season.  I believe we can safely say that this is the new color scheme in the new Jets uniforms.  The colors are new shade of base,lighter, richer, green, a lime green secondary color and black.  New logo appears to be the bold, lime green NY, which probably be the helmet logo. And seem there is a absent of white in the scheme. The only mystery now is how the colors are incorporated into the uniform itself.  I'm sure there will be a photo leak over the new few days from a warehouse or backroom of a store of the jerseys before Thursday.  Just hope there is a white set of pants in the uniform combos.

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Maybe I'm blind to lengths people might go to for attention, but that seems like an awful lot of work. 

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

It's actually insanely easy. Also, welcome to the internet. Where people will go to lengths beyond imagine for attention and to make themselves seem important. Every year with new uniforms we have people with "insider information" who are full of crap and proven wrong once the real uniforms come out.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the info not being made up for attention. 

He posted the info in the comments of someone else's mock-up based on someone else's "info" just to say that the mock-up was wrong. I don't know if you know how Reddit "works", but if he wanted the real attention, he would had made his own new post and not just dumped this leak information in the comments of a smaller thread on the Jets subreddit. Also, the guy's a Broncos fan, so the Jets are even the team he follows.

He also posted about the draft hats being based on the flags in the Broncos subreddit, which we also got a leak about here on the boards. He also was the source of the picture of the Raiders hat I posted a page back or so here, which appears to have the 2019 Draft tag on it, so he may very well have seen the Jets uniforms.

IEI5Tg1.png

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

Right now, I'm leaning towards the info not being made up for attention. 

He posted the info in the comments of someone else's mock-up based on someone else's "info" just to say that the mock-up was wrong. I don't know if you know how Reddit "works", but if he wanted the real attention, he would had made his own new post and not just dumped this leak information in the comments of a smaller thread on the Jets subreddit.

The guy is also a Broncos fan and he posted about the draft hats being based on the flags in the Broncos subreddit, which we also got a leak about here on the boards. He also was the source of the picture of the Raiders hat I posted a page back or so here, which appears to have the 2019 Draft tag on it, so he may very well have seen the Jets uniforms.

Broncos fan? This is sounding a lot like Bradyismyhomeboy or what ever that dudes name ended up being.

I'm gonna cautiously, but willingly, give this colorway info a chance.

I mentioned way back in this thread that I had a deep suspicion that some of the stuff we've seen out of Oregon lately may well as served as "proving grounds" for whatever the Jets do next. So far, Oregon has, among other things, utilized overstyled oversize* numbers, increasingly more "military-themed" design cues (such as the color-block NOBs and even some front patches--which now that I think about it are recycled elements from some of Army's past one-off uniforms), experimented with varying shades of green--and here lately this "volt" color has found permanance in another sports uniform, that of the Atlanta Hawks (though I believe that was before the Nike takeover), so I'm fully expecting it to sneak it's way into the Jets' new colorway--although having said that, none of their present promotional materials utilize anything other than green and white (but that could be calculated--I do know a guy who works for the Jets, but I haven't attempted to hit him up about anything and instead just let him do his job, some of the works of which have actually shown up in this thread).

IF this colorway turns out to be true, IF Nike and the Jets have exercised restraint in deploying it, this could actually turn out to be pretty interesting. The only way I see any kind of volt trim working, though, is with a green helmet/jersey and black pants with green pants on the road if not white-over-white. (But then looking at what the Snatit just rolled out, I can completely see a set of green, white, and black pants being included.)

Guess we shall see...if true, I'm willing to give it a shot.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

58 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I remember this Reddit user. He just posts a lot of BS. Go through his post history. He says pretty crazy stuff (like claiming to have inside info of matchups* during the NFL's 100th season - the schedule probably isn't even finalized yet) and then deletes the posts when he's proven wrong.

EDIT: Just to clarify - prime-time matchups. I know all opponent matchups are set as soon as the previous season ends. 

2 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I remember this Reddit user. He just posts a lot of BS. Go through his post history. He says pretty crazy stuff (like claiming to have inside info of matchups during the NFL's 100th season - the schedule probably isn't even finalized yet) and then deletes the posts when he's proven wrong.

Fair enough and I didn't know all that about the user, I'm just willing to give some validity to his comments because of his draft hat posts.

IEI5Tg1.png

Archived