New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, that's it. kinda tough to tell the green color from those photos, but it's a shade lighter than their current green, but obviously nowhere near the kelly green that some people were hoping for. talk about a minimal update, eh? i guess it's better because the green is lighter, but still...

let's hope the unis are more of a change (but yet not WAY crazy of a change) that this logo is.

The new outside shape is an improvement so is the inside football but the Jets word mark and off centered New York is terrible. Should have kept all the lettering the same as it was. Very disappointed. 

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

1 minute ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

But isn't meh better than some of the idiocy that's been vomited up and later changed back in recent years?

No. Meh means it’s uninspried. This change was not nessecary if this Is the route they decided to take. This isn’t the logo I want to represent the future of the team. This will not be the logo people will wear 30 years from now. It will still be the classic and/or 80s logo. This new boring “I made this in 5 minutes” logo will be frogotten. 

XM4KeeA.png

7 minutes ago, TSHARE18 said:

This is usually how they always leak. I actually said a few pages back something along the lines of the new logo will leak from the draft hats. Mid 2000s Lions logo, Jags word mark, and a few other things leaked because of toy trucks. Unless the companies wait to produce the team that is changing logos new merchandise for the season, something will always leak beforehand. 

Yeah, you’re right that this isn’t something that we’re not used to. I suppose “a couple of random German hypebeasts who have somehow gotten permission to be the first ones to debut all 32 of the NFL’s 100th season draft caps on their midnight youtube program” never would have crossed my mind as the culprit. Just like “airport window cling graphics being placed too early by maintenance shmucks” wouldn’t have either. It’s always the last place that you’d think of for a leak to happen since that also happens to be the last base that the team thinks to cover to stop a leak. It’s just not possible in 2019.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Comparing the old logo to the new one, it seems like black will be used as more than just outlines like in the 90s jerseys. I'm expecting blocks of color, much like the Titan's pants with the various 'swatches' of greys and colors on their thighs. Maybe the Jets will avoid piping, extraneous outlines on the numbers, and settle for a bold, color on color look - ala Vikings, Jaguars uniforms. The black may end up being full arm caps or a solid shoulder block like Tennessee before their recent redesign.

The alignment of the NEW YORK bothers me like crazy, but the end of the rugby ball is something nice to see in this logo.

Just now, insert name said:

No. Meh means it’s uninspried. This change was not nessecary if this Is the route they decided to take. This isn’t the logo I want to represent the future of the team. This will not be the logo people will wear 30 years from now. It will still be the classic and/or 80s logo. This new boring “I made this in 5 minutes” logo will be frogotten. 

Well if the Jets actually turn things around this is the logos people will wear 30 years from now. And I love the 80's logo too. I would've been fine with bringing back an updated version of it or in its original form

So, uhh, has anyone else noted that the green looks roughly the same? Perhaps my eyes aren’t as keen as some of the designfolk here, but that does not look Kelly to me.

3 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Well if the Jets actually turn things around this is the logos people will wear 30 years from now. And I love the 80's logo too. I would've been fine with bringing back an updated version of it or in its original form

Without saying too much about the logo, I’m just going to express solidarity to you as another “guy who will relentlessly defend his own team’s decidedly ‘underwhelming’ update in the face of many who believe he should raging at how ‘meh’ it is.”

5 minutes ago, MattMill said:

So that new logo on a white shell will make it seem 90% similar from an average viewing distance

Doesn't seem it was worth the hiding 

There’s still a whole uniform we haven’t seen. They put the effort into hiding the whole thing, and the logo was just a part of the whole procedure.

37 minutes ago, Newport said:

Looks like Teal was right....again. He said it was pretty much the same colors and the logo didn’t change much. 

You know how in pro wrestling a guy will be gone for like 6 months, and then they bring him out of no where for surprise heel turn? That'll be Teal when his suspension is up.

"By Gawd, King!  That's Teal's music!!"

Archived