New York Jets unveil new uniforms

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You know how in pro wrestling a guy will be gone for like 6 months, and then they bring him out of no where for surprise heel turn? That'll be Teal when his suspension is up.

"By Gawd, King!  That's Teal's music!!"

spacer.png

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, FroznYogurt said:

Jets Draft Cap

8bcJXlz.png

q1sa7b5.png

Hmm. 

First impression?  I like that logo.  It does away with the worst element of the old one (the illegible “NY” in the background) without losing the essential nature.

I would have preferred this one, for simplicity’s sake.  But barring that, the Jets would have to have been crazy to drop “New York” entirely, so this is a solid update.

Black on the draft cap... that I like a whole lot less.  But we’ll see. 

22 minutes ago, schlim said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Comparing the old logo to the new one, it seems like black will be used as more than just outlines like in the 90s jerseys.

Not that I’m ruling it out by any means, but I think that’s quite a bold prediction you’re basing around a logo that doesn’t have any black at all

Is the outer shape supposed to be football shaped or just an oval?

i don’t like how the new inner football cuts off the word mark. Makes it look bad when stitched like that. It does fix the worst part of the old logo, which was the NY that just muddied everything up, so that’s good. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is the outer shape supposed to be football shaped or just an oval?

i don’t like how the new inner football cuts off the word mark. Makes it look bad when stitched like that. It does fix the worst part of the old logo, which was the NY that just muddied everything up, so that’s good. 

On the tag it’s a lot more football shaped than the old logo, it basically mimics the 60’s logo shape

Seems odd that black would be a part of the new uniforms but be totally missing from the logo. Isn't that a bit of a sport's branding no no?

You know there are a few teams that have a primary logo that's different from what they wear on their helmet. (Bears, Vikings, Eagles, Bengals...) Obviously this is their new logo, but for the life of me I just can't picture it on a helmet.

Archived