New York Jets unveil new uniforms

1 minute ago, jeezuschristiii said:

I'm sure there can be an exception for a team revealing new jerseys. This logo may be the primary, but I think what appears on the helmet will be different. 

Right, like some kind of abstract jet design that fills the helmet, but doesn't work as a stand alone logo, like Cincinnati, Philadelphia, and Minnesota.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jeezuschristiii said:

I'm sure there can be an exception for a team revealing new jerseys. This logo may be the primary, but I think what appears on the helmet will be different. 

Who knows. I mean it would be odd if they had this secondary logo on the cap and a primary on the helmet that's dramatically different.

1 minute ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Who knows. I mean it would be odd if they had this secondary logo on the cap and a primary on the helmet that's dramatically different.

Could be like how the current design uses the NY as a secondary logo. That NY appears on plenty of hats, instead of the primary. 

I like this logo, but everything we heard is that this is a drastic change. In one way I am relieved that nothing crazy is going on, but another part of me feels sort of "meh".

As stated over and over through these 106 pages is that "meh" is better than "fire"

5 minutes ago, jeezuschristiii said:

Could be like how the current design uses the NY as a secondary logo. That NY appears on plenty of hats, instead of the primary. 

I like this logo, but everything we heard is that this is a drastic change. In one way I am relieved that nothing crazy is going on, but another part of me feels sort of "meh".

As stated over and over through these 106 pages is that "meh" is better than "fire"

There’s been as many reports of “not much change” to the logo as there were that they’d be drastic. When all the other hats are primaries you’d have to believe this is as well. Thinking anything else is just being in denial.

6 minutes ago, jeezuschristiii said:

We don't know that nothing crazy is going on. We haven't seen the uniforms or the secondary logo. 

4 minutes ago, Newport said:

This leaves room for Philly to go Kelly Green since NY are morons.

The shade of green on the leaked branding guide seemed significantly lighter than this one. Regardless, at least it should look less like...mud than what they have been using. 

My takes:

1. The green is darker than that from the branding guide. That's a letdown, but at least it's lighter than what they've been wearing.

2. I still suspect a green shell and, 1994 throwbacks notwithstanding, I don't think they'll go green logo on green shell. That tells me there's likely to be a secondary logo that has a chance of being on the helmet.

3. I would be surprised if said secondary logo did not have some 1980s/Concorde influence since they've been playing that up. Probably involving that triangle as well.

4. As much as the Jets have been hyping this, I doubt the uniform changes will be nearly as subtle. They're probably Nike-fied to the max, as the cool kids would've said 25 years ago.

Archived