New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Dude, they gotta fix the alignment on the NEW YORK part. It's going to bother me until they change it. They couldn't move it down a bit towards the JETS part? Maybe enlarge it a little?

PkmU0uX.png

Looks off even though I know it’s not. Looks basic. Looks downright terrible.

Technically I think "NEW YORK" and "JETS" are centred, but don't look like it because of the italics and the space created on the left by the capital J. This is a good lesson about true centers vs. visual centers.

1 hour ago, Newport said:

Looks like Teal was right....again. He said it was pretty much the same colors and the logo didn’t change much. 

I really don’t give a :censored:... but when did he say that?   I know I said that because I knew.  I remember him saying a lot of standard BS. He didn’t know :censored:. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

On 2/8/2019 at 7:34 AM, AgentColon2 said:

That looks all off balance. Hoping that’s just for a meeting header.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:51 AM, leopard88 said:

I agree with this.  The "New York" should begin at the left edge of the upper stroke of the J.  Instead, it is hovering over the empty space above the hook of the J.

😐

36 minutes ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

The logo is fine. Was honestly expecting a little more, but beggars can't be choosers. It does really bug me how nothing is centered.

It is centered, that’s the point.  Italics always look off-centered because of the location of their end points. 

It’s why I hate the Steelers’ numbers.  Italics just don’t look good there. 

A few things:

1. How do these gentlemen in Germany gain access to these items when they are no where else to be found?  Seems a bit odd to me.  Perhaps China knock-offs, with the logo shown being that taken from the Jets Branding Leak Portfolio shown a few weeks/months ago.

2. The Jets hat shown in the video, in general, is much less detailed than those of other teams shown (fewer design elements) and perhaps this is something thrown together as a place-holder.

3. What's shown is completely opposite of the "BadAXX" descriptions from players and owners, as well as descriptions that these would be different from others in the league.

4. Today is April Fools day.

I'm not a kid, and do work in the area of marketing for a Fortune 500 company and this design screams boring with very little identity.  A huge miss.  While I get some folks worried about an over the top look, an update of the 80s look would be very welcomed compared to this if it's real.

50 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Dude, they gotta fix the alignment on the NEW YORK part. It's going to bother me until they change it. They couldn't move it down a bit towards the JETS part? Maybe enlarge it a little?

PkmU0uX.png

Wow, that isn't good, New York just floating up there. They spent how many years on this?

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

My takes:

1. The green is darker than that from the branding guide. That's a letdown, but at least it's lighter than what they've been wearing.

2. I still suspect a green shell and, 1994 throwbacks notwithstanding, I don't think they'll go green logo on green shell. That tells me there's likely to be a secondary logo that has a chance of being on the helmet.

3. I would be surprised if said secondary logo did not have some 1980s/Concorde influence since they've been playing that up. Probably involving that triangle as well.

4. As much as the Jets have been hyping this, I doubt the uniform changes will be nearly as subtle. They're probably Nike-fied to the max, as the cool kids would've said 25 years ago.

Forgot to mention: I do worry a bit about whether this green is light enough to contrast with black.

Count me in as one who believes this is not the primary logo, or at least that it is not on the helmet. Maybe just for tv graphics and merch. I also agree that it is centered, but that the italics make it look off. And if it doesn't look centered, then it may as well not be.

14 minutes ago, sozopol said:

Count me in as one who believes this is not the primary logo, or at least that it is not on the helmet. Maybe just for tv graphics and merch. I also agree that it is centered, but that the italics make it look off. And if it doesn't look centered, then it may as well not be.

Anything other than that or the 80's logo on the helmet is a disaster

Well it is a bit underwhelming, but I'll take it over some overly complicated logo. I hope the green is a bit brighter then it looks tho, anything is an improvement over the green brown since Nike took over 

Possible New Logo for New York Jets Leaked

April 2, 2019 - 02:47 AM

It may be April 1st, but that doesn’t mean all the news you read today is fabricated. In what looks to be very real logo news, a 2019 NFL Draft cap was posted to Twitter this evening showing an updated […]

Read More...

29 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

These boards are never satisfied with anything. Even the relatively good stuff.

relatively good is a good way to describe this. I mean, comparing it to the Browns look, yeah, relatively good. In any other sense, this is a joke. I bet you could give about 20 other deisgners on this site less than a day and they could come up with a concept on-par or better than this. Honest to god, the uniforms better look half decent because the logo surely isn't saving this rebrand.

Archived