New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brian E said:

just for laughs, if you log on to twitter and search #JetsNewUnis, please enjoy all the jets fans convincing themselves that this couldn't possibly be the new logo.

People wouldn't be disappointed though if this was described as a tweak. This was supposed to be a major redesign and this minimal update to the logo has people bugging about what the jerseys may end up like now.

14 minutes ago, LeveonTheJet said:

People wouldn't be disappointed though if this was described as a tweak. This was supposed to be a major redesign and this minimal update to the logo has people bugging about what the jerseys may end up like now.

actually, the jets never said they were going to radically overhaul the logo. they never promised anything when it came to a logo. the entire thing has been about "jets new unis."

EDIT: i was just listening to briefly to the "play like a jet" podcast where one of the hosts (paul bruzzese) says, "i find it hard to believe [the draft cap logo is legit] because they promised us a total re-brand."

no, they didn't. in fact, a "re-brand" would be turning them into the new york swapdragons or something. this is a uniform re-design.

sig2024.png

39 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

49 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The Bears' hat does not use the helmet logo, which could be relevant here.

spacer.png

Yes, along with the Vikings draft hat, and the Bengal and Eagles.

39 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I have a feeling that the Jets' helmet logo will be different than the primary logo.  

All that text on a helmet will look pretty bad.

Yeah, I've got that feeling, too.  This logo tweak is the primary, but something other than a conventional stand-alone logo will end up on the helmet.

But I've certainly been wrong before.

18 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I guess this post from them confirms the wordmark and the green color. It is a shade lighter, I just hope it translates to the uniforms. 

All signs are pointing to that triangle shape being on the helmets kinda of like I think someone described I believe somewhere earlier in this thread. I can't remember it may have been Teal. Goods news is its not long now!

Regarding the shade of green, I think we've heard a couple of times that it will be lighter than the current pine green or whatever it's called but darker/deeper than kelly green. Not that any of those nuggets were confirmed, but it does seem to align with the hints we've been seeing. 

I'm happy with that, I personally think the kelly green was a little too light/bright. Especially in the 90's when it bordered on lighter, grass green.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, sozopol said:

Regarding the shade of green, I think we've heard a couple of times that it will be lighter than the current pine green or whatever it's called but darker/deeper than kelly green. Not that any of those nuggets were confirmed, but it does seem to align with the hints we've been seeing. 

I'm happy with that, I personally think the kelly green was a little too light/bright. Especially in the 90's when it bordered on lighter, grass green.

spacer.png

Judging by photos I've seen, the green in that set could appear significantly brighter or darker in various lighting conditions. Look at how bright the helmet stripes of #92 Henry Ford (haha) look.

To better illustrate the point about true centers vs. visual centers:

AbWQLny.jpg

The logo is blown up and I've drawn boxes around all the elements inside the oval. The cyan line is the vertical point of all three: "NEW YORK", "JETS" and the football.

So yeah...the new logo, assuming the leak is correct is, feels pretty amateurish and unfinished. It looks like a first draft someone put together before they buttoned up all of the alignment issues and revised it a couple times before arriving at a nice update of the Jets current logo.

Secondly, I’m really disappointed in the shade of green. I was expecting/hoping for something like Oregon’s “Apple Green”. It would have been unique in the NFL and awesome.

On a positive note, if the logo and new shade of green are any indication, the uniforms might be reasonably reserved and /or traditional. Thats my initial opinion from one shot of the new logo. I reserve the right to change my opinion for better or worse when we see the whole package in a few days.  

10 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

So yeah...the new logo, assuming the leak is correct is, feels pretty amateurish and unfinished. It looks like a first draft someone put together before they buttoned up all of the alignment issues and revised it a couple times before arriving at a nice update of the Jets current logo.

Secondly, I’m really disappointed in the shade of green. I was expecting/hoping for something like Oregon’s “Apple Green”. It would have been unique in the NFL and awesome.

On a positive note, if the logo and new shade of green are any indication, the uniforms might be reasonably reserved and /or traditional. Thats my initial opinion from one shot of the new logo. I reserve the right to change my opinion for better or worse when we see the whole package in a few days.  

I think the reserved, traditional logo is a cover for a uniform set that's anything but. Either way, we shall see.

2 hours ago, LeveonTheJet said:

I don’t believe the Jets described it as either. But it does irk me that they used the bright glowing Kelly green light when what’s his name got the sneak peak of the uniforms. False advertising.

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

I don’t believe the Jets described it as either. But it does irk me that they used the bright glowing Kelly green light when what’s his name got the sneak peak of the uniforms. False advertising.

You can’t exactly have a olive green like filter that would work there. Jelly green light is fine considering anything else would be unnoticeable or not going with the jets scheme at all. It atleast compliments the scheme.

3 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

FWIW this morning I saw another picture of the hat on a site where the green was considerably lighter than the one posted here, but it's since been taken down. Something to keep an eye on either way

think this is probably what you saw. i just found it on twitter. studio shots of the draft cap. green looks better for sure:

sig2024.png

4 minutes ago, Brian E said:

think this is probably what you saw. i just found it on twitter. studio shots of the draft cap. green looks better for sure:

I feel like people are thinking the Jets were going to start from the ground up, I don't ever remember them saying that specifically. I think it looks good, its a nice minor change to the logo. It makes me optimistic that the uniforms will be a minor tweak to stay true to the traditional look they have.

Archived