New York Jets unveil new uniforms

The alignment of New York and Jets is just so damn awkward. I like the concept but it’s like they rushed the logo, which we can all be sure they didn’t do. Knowing how much time and money they spent on the project, the fact that this is what they went with, when they surely saw every conceivable alignment and combo of word marks, is frightening.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

I guess this post from them confirms the wordmark and the green color. It is a shade lighter, I just hope it translates to the uniforms. 

Hmmmm. Any significance of the gradient effect in the background?

I'm thinking a two tone black to green shell with Jets in white and that triangle thing below it in white.  That would be quite the visual standout. 

2 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Hmmmm. Any significance of the gradient effect in the background?

I'm thinking a two tone black to green shell with Jets in white and that triangle thing below it in white.  That would be quite the visual standout. 

If by "quite the visual standout" you mean ugly, I agree.

It's where I sit.

Alright, time for a jets fan to interject his opinion. I, like the rest of you, am disappointed, but this logo has grown on me in the past 20 hours, so i'm going to give New York the benefit of the doubt until we can see the uniforms.

fiowXOD.png

2 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

The more I think about it, the more I realize I kinda hate text in logos. Including not only the team nickname, but also the city in this logo just feels totally unnecessary. 

35 minutes ago, MEANS said:

see Washington Capitals....the worst logo in the NHL.

So we’re going to just sit here and pretend the Islanders don’t exist? Going by this standard and logic, they are far and away the worst logo in the NHL.

It is a bit perplexing why the designers didn't push the elements a bit to make it just right. Granted, it is a very tricky problem to solve. That being said, I'd have rather they reduce the NEW YORK to make it more visually centered, or simply remove it. 

JetsLogo2019.jpg

52 minutes ago, jeezuschristiii said:

Lol what? Green is better + logo is still lame = major downgrade?

I just ask for consistency!

Better than before but still crap. Logo is absolute garbage and even in Kelly Green this would be a downgrade. What more would you like from me? 

Archived