New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Not bad. Not bad at all. 

It’s certainly a cousin of the Browns, with the big chest wordmark and extended stripes. But it’s executed much better. 

EDIT: On a second look, it sorta resembles something you could create on EA Sports’ TeamBuilder. Not saying it’s a bad look (it’s not), yet I’m having trouble unseeing that. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping in their official release that their uniforms won't look so cheap.  I'd like to see how these look in sunlight.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

here's a round up of what was said, from a post i did in january:

- new green (called 'sport green') (via teal)

- black as a third color/new black alternate (via teal, salfino)

- jersey and pant options in green, white, and black (via teal)

- logo is a change, but not a drastic one. uses elements of the old logo (via a hint from go for broke)

- wordmark on the front of the jersey, presumably under the neck line (via salfino)

hand it to this guy. looks like his source was pretty solid:

sig2024.png

5 minutes ago, Brian E said:

here's a round up of what was said, from a post i did in january:

- new green (called 'sport green') (via teal)

- black as a third color/new black alternate (via teal, salfino)

- jersey and pant options in green, white, and black (via teal)

- logo is a change, but not a drastic one. uses elements of the old logo (via a hint from go for broke)

- wordmark on the front of the jersey, presumably under the neck line (via salfino)

hand it to this guy. looks like his source was pretty solid:

I'm not seeing this as a "new green". This looks more like a return to the green of the 80s-90s.

It's where I sit.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm not seeing this as a "new green". This looks more like a return to the green of the 80s-90s.

hard to tell from that picture, but i think this is a different shade than a true kelly green (which was the green back then).

sig2024.png

39 minutes ago, LeveonTheJet said:

Soo thoughts on this potential "Leak"? I think it's a bit reserved but definitely an 'evolution' of their look. Only thing I don't like is that logo on the helmet.4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

If thats it (and im pretty sure it will be), its not bad at all.  That shade of green with the black really pops.

i know lukas just tweeted kind of trying to tamp down that this might be real, but...

if someone faked this and went to the lengths to photoshop chris herndon into a new uniform (for the record, he's a good, young player, but not really mainstream), then more power to them.

sig2024.png

Moderator comments: Updated the thread title to make it clearer to those that haven't been following that we (probably) have a leak.

This thread will close at some point and a new thread for the unveiling will be created. If we get more evidence that this leak is real, all posts after the leak will be split into the new thread.

Design comments: I like them. They're good for a team with the Jets name, even if they're not in-line with the traditional Jets jersey design. I actually think pairing the white pants with the black jersey would be a great look.

6fQjS3M.png

28 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Is "JETS" arched? It looks weirdly arched. Funny... right before this leak I was doing some googling on this font and Michael Beirut and I found this from the website... Would be perfect...

D3O5CspXsAMkJuU.jpg

The helmet logo looks arched on #33, but the rest don't looked quite as arched or arched at all. 

6 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

If thats it (and im pretty sure it will be), its not bad at all.  That shade of green with the black really pops.

Ohh nooo, green socks with the green pants? 😧

The J-E-T-S were one of the few teams to wear the proper white striped socks with their colored green pants, so I surely hope that they're not going to join the list of teams wearing the same color socks as their pants.

2 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Ohh nooo, green socks with the green pants? 😧

The J-E-T-S were one of the few teams to wear the proper white striped socks with their colored green pants, so I surely hope that they're not going to join the list of teams wearing the same color socks as their pants.

What I think (or hope) is that the white striped socks don't look as good on a stage when presenting and that they look more natural on the field, so they stuck with the solid green for the official unveiling.

Archived