New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, VC15AP18 said:

unwatch did mention that the NFL Logo on the neck is wrong should be 100 anniversary....but my guess is that they just put on the regular logo as that patch is only for 1 year.

Yeah Paul Lukas is really showing some skepticism in the replies to my tweet saying they've leaked. He may be right.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Utter.  :censored:ing.  Trash.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  

First, the helmet is fine.  After that, I'm disgusted.  

Broncos-style pant shards?!?  SERIOUSLY?  What is this, 1997??

The need to wrap it around the shoulders somehow...just embarrassing.  

The forced "NEW YORK" on the chest makes it look like a high school or college uniform, just as someone else said.

The font is a combination of a block and some other late 90's-ish font.  The "1" does not fit well at all with the "3", etc.

So yeah, count me in the camp that hates this.  Terrible!

Just now, DeFrank said:

Yeah Paul Lukas is really showing some skepticism in the replies to my tweet saying they've leaked. He may be right.

that's not skepticism that they're real. that's hesitance to give his endorsement (via a RT) to it. he hasn't seen the uniforms, so he doesn't know. for what matter, we don't know. but the members of this forum can suss out a fake fairly quickly (see the january fake based on the lions' template). 

sig2024.png

I -------

like it. I actually like it. Im a big homer on the current jets unis, but these are fresh, new, not ugly at all, and unique. They look like a college team, yes, but really they didnt do anything crazy and can totally rock this look long time. Simple yet elegant.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

LOL at Paul Lukas fighting with people on his timeline about how these might not be real. 

What is he even talking about?

Yeah this makes no sense/is all wrong.

There were leaks of the Jags. And it's not a leak if it's fake.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Lukas is senile.

The jersey template is correct.  Yes, it doesn't have the 100 logo but it may be early for that.  There's no way someone got all of these players in these poses and mocked these up like this.  Besides, the "Take Flight" tagline is below the Jets wordmark on the right.  This is legit.  And it's absurd.

I kind of want to see exactly how the dash/streak looks towards back of the jersey, but from what I can see, this looks pretty nice to me. The green turned out really well and appears to have good contrast with the black, which is something I was initially worried about.  Sure it’s a presentation, but I imagine with how the green looks as presented that it will likely look even better in sunlight. And I’m surprised at how much I like the helmet logo, it isn’t at all what I expected them to do but I think it does a great job.

I’ll probably have more to say when I see the revealed product, but I’m really liking what I’m seeing overall.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think that picture is the real deal, but it’s at least a little weird that the Jets have three jersey colors and three pants colors, which theoretically gives you nine potential combos, and yet they have six guys lined up showing only three combos, with each one duplicated.

1 hour ago, LeveonTheJet said:

Soo thoughts on this potential "Leak"? I think it's a bit reserved but definitely an 'evolution' of their look. Only thing I don't like is that logo on the helmet.4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

They look like a green version of the Chargers. They should've left the football off the helmet though and taken that sleeve stripe and run it through the wordmark like a contrail.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Wow the Saskatchewan Roughriders really upgraded their look!

This was my immediate reaction as well. Looks very Roughrider-y...not bad but not what I would think of as the Jets. I can’t wait to see the full unveil.

Just now, C-Squared said:

They're fine in a bubble, I guess... compared to what they replaced, we'll look back on these as an all-time downgrade.

But if the green is a single color, and actually green, it will have some very strong positives associated with it.

It's where I sit.

100% agree with those who can't help but see the Roughriders here.... that being said, I like em. I need a better picture of the black alternate as I can't tell if the numbers have a green outline or not..... and please, tell me this set has white socks for both the green & black uniforms. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

1 minute ago, KittSmith_95 said:

100% agree with those who can't help but see the Roughriders here.... that being said, I like em. I need a better picture of the black alternate as I can't tell if the numbers have a green outline or not..... and please, tell me this set has white socks for both the green & black uniforms. 

Def looks like a green outline to me.

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

Lukas is senile.

The jersey template is correct.  Yes, it doesn't have the 100 logo but it may be early for that.  There's no way someone got all of these players in these poses and mocked these up like this.  Besides, the "Take Flight" tagline is below the Jets wordmark on the right.  This is legit.  And it's absurd.

You also don't put a temporary patch on these unless they only get worn this year. 

5 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

I think that picture is the real deal, but it’s at least a little weird that the Jets have three jersey colors and three pants colors, which theoretically gives you nine potential combos, and yet they have six guys lined up showing only three combos, with each one duplicated.

This seems to be par for the course lately, especially with college launches.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Unless they never intend to wear all combos. Maybe they'll never wear green over green, or at the very least have no intentions to as of the initial launch. It doesn't make sense to show a combo they have no intention to wear. Just a guess on my part.

Archived