Jump to content

New York Jets unveil new uniforms


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

I think that picture is the real deal, but it’s at least a little weird that the Jets have three jersey colors and three pants colors, which theoretically gives you nine potential combos, and yet they have six guys lined up showing only three combos, with each one duplicated.

The Titans also weirdly didn't show every combo (including some they wore last season) at their unveiling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the only things that bug me about the possibility that these might not be them are:

 

1. quincy enunwa in under armour cleats/gloves. yes, he's a UA athlete, but it would seem strange that they'd shoot him in that equipment when nike is so heavily involved.

2. the striping on herndon's pants don't match darnold's, and the striping on adam's pants seems to end abruptly. could be that the seams are just running differently?

3. robby anderson's shoulder stripes seem to be running a different direction as adams'. maybe that's a shoulder pad difference?

 

if it's a fake, it's an all-timer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They have to break up the pants and socks look. The one acceptable look right now is green jersey/white pants/ green socks 

 

Green pants and green socks is trash. As well as black and black. Not a fan of tonal looks. 

 

White/white with green socks would be cool. Or have like the past and have half color socks. 

 

The triangle line on the shoulder will need a true explanation. 

 

The logo though is just passable enough. I don't think you really need a football graphic on your logo. I'm glad NEW YORK isn't on there. I'm not a fan of redundancy. So seeing new York on the chest is good enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Brian E said:

the only things that bug me about the possibility that these might not be them are:

 

1. quincy enunwa in under armour cleats/gloves. yes, he's a UA athlete, but it would seem strange that they'd shoot him in that equipment when nike is so heavily involved.

2. the striping on herndon's pants don't match darnold's, and the striping on adam's pants seems to end abruptly. could be that the seams are just running differently?

3. robby anderson's shoulder stripes seem to be running a different direction as adams'. maybe that's a shoulder pad difference?

 

if it's a fake, it's an all-timer. 

 

Yeah those are all things I noticed, the most egregious being the different pant stripes.

 

If this is real, I think I like them but I want to see how they look in a proper release first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brian E said:

the only things that bug me about the possibility that these might not be them are:

 

1. quincy enunwa in under armour cleats/gloves. yes, he's a UA athlete, but it would seem strange that they'd shoot him in that equipment when nike is so heavily involved.

2. the striping on herndon's pants don't match darnold's, and the striping on adam's pants seems to end abruptly. could be that the seams are just running differently?

3. robby anderson's shoulder stripes seem to be running a different direction as adams'. maybe that's a shoulder pad difference?

 

if it's a fake, it's an all-timer. 

 

Jags had guys in UA

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also wonder how the green helmet will affect Color Rush. Will it still be kelly or just be the new all black or all green look?

 

The 3 combos things is odd to me too since I don't see how they'd never wear green or white mono. The Lions didn't introduce the white over silver look in 2017, but this past season that became their go-to look on the road for what it's worth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also wonder how the green helmet will affect Color Rush. Will it still be kelly or just be the new all black or all green look?

 

The 3 combos things is odd to me too since I don't see how they'd never wear green or white mono. The Lions didn't introduce the white over silver look in 2017, but this past season that became their go-to look on the road for what it's worth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MattMill said:

I should add. Where's the swoosh on the shoulder? Something seems missing there. Maybe a NY logo or patch of some sort. I already miss their front chest patch. Those are quite unique in the NFL. 

 

Yeah, the swooshes are easier to see on the white jerseys, but all of them have swooshes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I also wonder how the green helmet will affect Color Rush. Will it still be kelly or just be the new all black or all green look?

 

Only one helmet in the NFL. Most Color Rush unis have helmets that are a different color than Color Rush unis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MattMill said:

I should add. Where's the swoosh on the shoulder? Something seems missing there. Maybe a NY logo or patch of some sort. I already miss their front chest patch. Those are quite unique in the NFL. 

No, other teams have chest patches in the NFL, so it is not unique. There is no quite unique, or almost unique. It either is or is not unique. Other teams have chest patches, so the Jets having one is not 'quite unique'.

[steps off soapbox]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

No, other teams have chest patches in the NFL, so it is not unique. There is no quite unique, or almost unique. It either is or is not unique. Other teams have chest patches, so the Jets having one is not 'quite unique'.

[steps off soapbox]

 

i went on the same "unique" rant the other day. as president josiah bartlet reminds us, something is either unique or it isn't.

 

also, want to never be able to read something the same? something can't be "centered around" something else. it's centered on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No, other teams have chest patches in the NFL, so it is not unique. There is no quite unique, or almost unique. It either is or is not unique. Other teams have chest patches, so the Jets having one is not 'quite unique'.

[steps off soapbox]

Like four other teams do. If that doesn't make you unique, than maybe it's more about not being in the majority. Chest logos are in fact special. That sound better?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MattMill said:

 

Like four other teams do. If that doesn't make you unique, than maybe it's more about not being in the majority. Chest logos are in fact special. That sound better?

 

it doesn't, because being in a group of four is not unique. unique means one of a kind. just like literally doesn't mean figuratively. but i digress.

 

and honestly, chest patches kinda suck, at least IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • officeglenn changed the title to Jets new uniform speculation/leaks thread
  • IceCap locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.