New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2018 at 10:22 PM, Teal said:

Oh hell no.

USF has already gotten pretty close to this:

hqdefault.jpg

But I agree, it's not a good look, and it's definitely not the Jets.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

8 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

I do recall the Jets using Neon Green in some promo materials years back.

I think it's more like a brighter Kelly greenish color overlayed the images making it look brighter. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Jets use neon green as a number trim or something along those lines.

I think a great starting for the Jets would be to look at the throwback uniform the Saskatchewan Roughriders wear 

EU50580.jpg

The only problem is they would risk looking to much like a copy of the Colts.

9 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Tried to locate some with no luck. Was definitely not Kelly.

From an email i got this morning, the green seems a bit brighter then Kelly but its not really neon. 

93gb2FJ.png

9 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

From an email i got this morning, the green seems a bit brighter then Kelly but its not really neon. 

93gb2FJ.png

I'm totally expecting the use of double greens in their look ... something I'm not necessarily against (see sig), but if that gray or a black sneaks into the look ... I'd be worried. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

93gb2FJ.png

FWIW, I've kinda seen that modernized Jet logo a few different places and a bit more than usual lately. Saw it on some lawn flag at Home Depot in addition to this. Wonder if they might be heading that direction with the redesign by combining the pre-Namath and Sack Exchange era helmets or something like that. [all just observations, don't take this as a sure fire thing]

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

As much as I don't want it to happen, and as much as I hope the Jets keep to Kelly green and white (that Saskatchewan Roughriders photo someone posted is the perfect colorway), I can completely see the heads in Beaverton pressing into either a dark green or Kelly green paired with volt color scheme, because Nike.  IF the volt is more a greener tint than yellow, and IF they can keep it to an absolute minimum, it probably could work. Still, though, not something I wanna feel on too much.

That said, it may be wise to pay some mind to what's going on at Oregon right now, because I can also see that Apple green they use being presented, and pressed, to the Jets brass as well...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 8/23/2018 at 9:43 AM, whitedawg22 said:

USF has already gotten pretty close to this:

hqdefault.jpg

But I agree, it's not a good look, and it's definitely not the Jets.

I honestly don't think that's a bad look...for South Florida. Make the helmet satin instead of matte, and maybe emphasize yellow a tiny bit more. But for the Jets, no way.

That said, when I was a kid I had these football games for PC called Football Pro that had an RGB uniform editor (it was a series with a new release each year like Madden), and I messed with various uniforms a lot and made a bunch of kid-friendly, brightly colored uniforms. I messed with the Jets in one league I made and changed their uniforms to neon green (zero red and blue, max green), and thought it looked pretty wacky in a good way. It reminded me of spearmint Extra gum. So I had thought about the Jets in neon green prior to this, even wondering if they could have gotten more mileage out of their 1990-97 set by adding it as an accent color. Maybe I'm more inclined to be open to the idea as a result.

Okay, enough '90s-kid reminiscing.

Archived