New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

Nike's done it again...what a dumpster fire. They look like a high school team. 

20 minutes ago, slats7 said:

They look like kids' pajamas.

This is what I said about the Jaguars latest set. I believe the modern trend is plain and boring. 

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Slight difference in effort between whipping together a concept and photoshopping real-life Jets players into poses they've never been photographed in, then making sure the lighting on all your fake helmets matches perfectly. 

I was half joking. I agree that this is most likely real, but I seriously wouldn’t put it past some people on this site to figure it out. For instance, the effort and polish that went into the old fantasy football season guides.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That's a retro aesthetic. The facemask is grey because originally, that was the only color. It doesn't count as a team color. The Jets literally pulled off the same look in week 6 of last season against the Colts. 

colts-jets-football_pg_600.jpg

I'd need to see some further documentation in support of your claim.  I'll tell you something else: I'd have ruled Ebron down by contact here.

The only reason I’d think these are faked is that the design honestly looks a hell of a lot like something that someone here would make in their “NFL Redesign” concept series. It has that simplicity and boldness to it, and a repeating main design element.

Anyways, the thing that I’d be most excited to see from this “leak” is that helmet. I was a little skeptical about a green helmet at first, but seeing them potentially go with that gorgeous candy apple finish like the Giants use is so refreshing and relieving considering they had matte and chrome options on the table (as all teams do nowadays).

1 minute ago, Gupti said:

The only reason I’d think these are faked is that the design honestly looks a hell of a lot like something that someone here would make in their “NFL Redesign” concept series. It has that simplicity and boldness to it, and a repeating main design element.

Nike gave the Titans giant, two-toned swords on the shoulders. Nike gave the Bucs glow-in-the-dark numbers. Nike gave the Browns a giant word running down the pants. 

If anything, this is restrained. 

7 minutes ago, JD1500 said:

I'd need to see some further documentation in support of your claim.  I'll tell you something else: I'd have ruled Ebron down by contact here.

Alright...

Here's a Paul Lukas article discussing how huge a deal it was when the Chargers broke out the first truly colored facemask in 1974. The bottom line being face masks weren't fabricated in any color other than grey prior to the 1970's. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19100328/uni-watch-friday-flashback-how-chargers-started-colored-face-mask-revolution

Here's a photo of Otto Graham's original single bar facemask which was grey despite the Browns colors being orange and brown. 

single-bar-facemask-960.jpg?itok=JMRRVS7

Photo from Super Bowl VII showing both teams in grey facemasks despite neither team having grey as a color in the scheme. 

superbowlvii.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

2 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Alright...

Here's a Paul Lukas article discussing how huge a deal it was when the Chargers broke out the first truly colored facemask in 1974. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19100328/uni-watch-friday-flashback-how-chargers-started-colored-face-mask-revolution

Here's a photo of Otto Graham's original single bar facemask which was grey despite the Browns colors being orange and brown. 

single-bar-facemask-960.jpg?itok=JMRRVS7

Photo from Super Bowl VII showing both teams in grey facemasks despite neither team having grey as a color in the scheme. 

superbowlvii.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

I was just messing with you, but thanks for providing the follow up.  It's a moot point now anyway with the Jets' incorporation of black in the scheme, so I guess Indianapolis will now solely hold that distinction.   

2 minutes ago, JD1500 said:

I was just messing with you, but thanks for providing the follow up.  It's a moot point now anyway with the Jets' incorporation of black in the scheme, so I guess Indianapolis will now solely hold that distinction.   

Oh thank God. I was worried you needed to be sent to the Sportslogos Re-Education Camp in Montreal's Olympic Stadium. 

As far as Nike's redesigns it's definitely towards the top. Compared to the rest of them, are they really that bad? I like them a lot.

1. Vikings

2. Dolphins 2.0

3. Jets

4. Lions

5. Seahawks

6. Dolphins 1.0

7. Jaguars 2.0

8. Titans

9. Buccaneers

10. Jaguars 1.0

11. Browns

10 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

As far as Nike's redesigns it's definitely towards the top. Compared to the rest of them, are they really that bad? I like them a lot.

1. Vikings

2. Dolphins 2.0

3. Jets

4. Lions

5. Seahawks

6. Dolphins 1.0

7. Jaguars 2.0

8. Titans

9. Buccaneers

10. Jaguars 1.0

11. Browns

I'd probably swap Dolphins 1.0 and Jaguars 2.0 but yeah this is pretty much how I'd rank them. 

16 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Oh thank God. I was worried you needed to be sent to the Sportslogos Re-Education Camp in Montreal's Olympic Stadium. 

Oh, I'm going anyway...you know, just for a refresher.

Serious question: I seem to remember Indianapolis having blue facemasks for a time during Manning's tenure.  So changing to an actual team color and then back to gray doesn't alter the landscape?

15 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

1. Vikings

2. Dolphins 2.0

3. Jets

4. Lions

5. Seahawks

6. Dolphins 1.0

7. Jaguars 2.0

8. Titans

9. Buccaneers

10. Jaguars 1.0

11. Browns

Spot on list...the middle is a little muddy as i think 6 and 7 could flip as well as 4 and 5, but top 3 in order i agree with if this leak is the Jets design.

Archived