New York Jets unveil new uniforms

These things are cyclical. As a Jets fan I can tell you that when they changed in '98 to the retro/classic look, most were ecstatic. The 80s/90s look was seen as cheap-looking, generic, and most of all dank with failure and ineptitude. They even seemed to turn the page on the field, briefly, going to the AFCCG several times in the decade that followed. It wasn't until recently that the 80s look has returned in popularity. It didn't help that they managed, in the last decade, to pile on new chapters of futility haha

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about this says "Take Flight" (the tag they've been using for the event/uniforms).  To me, it says nothing to that.  These don't seem to correspond to that theme.  What about all the rumors with "over-sized" numbers.  These have none of that.

I guess I'm just hopeful they've come-up with better than this.  I've seem some very nice concepts here.  On in particular makes excellent use of just the "jet" on the helmet from the 80s (not the word mark, but Jet above it), as well as using it on the arm as a stripe.

21 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

So the thing about the Jets, more than any other team in American pro sports except for the Padres, is that the relationship between success on the field and success in branding don't have a strong connection. I've seen more people (rather suprisingly) stump for the 78-97 logo than I have for the current logo (or old logo? or old old logo? You know the one). That success the team had in the 60's didn't translate into the substantial amount of goodwill that one would expect, and that's why so many people seem to have this fondness for often below .500 record team branding. Therefore, when in the situation to completely redesign their logo/uniforms and create something beautiful and iconic for new generations (even if they didn't find success on the field, as history shows), they failed miserably by failing to even scratch that surface of potential.

I agree with the first part of this statement, but I actually think this new uniform could stick with a few tweaks down the road. Part of it is my love for that green helmet (though I'd rather it have the triangle under the team name rather than the football).

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Do the Bears look peewee with facemasks that match the helmet?

Not one bit. Masks the same color as the helmet are always a good look, and masks darker than the helmet usually are, provided the color plays a prominent role elsewhere on the uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I’m skeptical. We’ve heard over and over green numbers on black jerseys and big numbers. I’m not sure I buy this and i feel like I’ve seen that Darnold picture somewhere. 

If these are real, they’re ok. Looks too much like Seattle to me though. There’s something weird going on with that helmet too.

4 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Am I the only one around here who thinks this is an upgrade, or at least more suited to 2019?

You should probably read other people's posts.

Clearly, no, you're not the only one who has a positive opinion of this.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

why would the "leak" be a blurred photo?  It's not like it's a photo of a computer monitor or of a printed sheet - it looks like an actual graphic - which wouldn't be blurred.  I'm calling BS.

thumb-1.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

why would the "leak" be a blurred photo?  It's not like it's a photo of a computer monitor or of a printed sheet - it looks like an actual graphic - which wouldn't be blurred.  I'm calling BS.

thumb-1.jpg

Pretty sure it is a photo of a printed sheet. 

This is clearly some kind of presentation material/book:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe.  It just looks too "perfect" for me - like the person had time to center the image and crop it just about perfectly.  If that was the case, why couldn't he focus better?  It certainly could be totally legit, I'm just not sold.

NINJA EDIT:

Just noticed the skyline in the background.  That's an extra detail that even the best faker probably wouldn't think to add in there.  That's something that is starting to sway me towards real...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

You should probably read other people's posts.

Clearly, no, you're not the only one who has a positive opinion of this.

I was thinking it was 50,50 or close on here, then I went to the article on the mothership, and not a single comment there was in favor.

I’m 100 percent certain it’s a cellphone photo of someone’s monitor. In the original (non-cropped) photo, you can see pixels when you zoom, as well as the reflection of light through windows on the monitor and the person (who is white and has a receding hairline) holding his cellphone up to the screen.

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe.  It just looks too "perfect" for me - like the person had time to center the image and crop it just about perfectly.  If that was the case, why couldn't he focus better?  It certainly could be totally legit, I'm just not sold.

NINJA EDIT:

Just noticed the skyline in the background.  That's an extra detail that even the best faker probably wouldn't think to add in there.  That's something that is starting to sway me towards real...

Ooh, good catch. That skyline is nifty...not to mention very subtle.

15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

thumb-1.jpg

You can pretty clearly see the reflection of the person taking a picture of the graphic/screen.

4 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I’m 100 percent certain it’s a cellphone photo of someone’s monitor. In the original (non-cropped) photo, you can see pixels when you zoom, as well as the reflection of light through windows on the monitor and the person (who is white and has a receding hairline) holding his cellphone up to the screen.

I don't see anybody who isn't in a uniform, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm analyzing the Zapruder film. Is he on the grassy knoll?

1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't see anybody who isn't in a uniform, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm analyzing the Zapruder film. Is he on the grassy knoll?

look between Darnold and Adam's head. It sort of look likes the photographer is wearing a backward white cap or I may be wrong and that could be a building in the skyline.

9 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I think I see it. Between Darnold and Adams heads. Also might be a building?

Archived