TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Recommended Posts

These things are cyclical. As a Jets fan I can tell you that when they changed in '98 to the retro/classic look, most were ecstatic. The 80s/90s look was seen as cheap-looking, generic, and most of all dank with failure and ineptitude. They even seemed to turn the page on the field, briefly, going to the AFCCG several times in the decade that followed. It wasn't until recently that the 80s look has returned in popularity. It didn't help that they managed, in the last decade, to pile on new chapters of futility haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about this says "Take Flight" (the tag they've been using for the event/uniforms).  To me, it says nothing to that.  These don't seem to correspond to that theme.  What about all the rumors with "over-sized" numbers.  These have none of that.

 

I guess I'm just hopeful they've come-up with better than this.  I've seem some very nice concepts here.  On in particular makes excellent use of just the "jet" on the helmet from the 80s (not the word mark, but Jet above it), as well as using it on the arm as a stripe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna wait until the official reveal to fully judge them, but I THINK I like it.

 

The black jersey its absolute trash, but hopefully that's just a once or twice a year thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

So the thing about the Jets, more than any other team in American pro sports except for the Padres, is that the relationship between success on the field and success in branding don't have a strong connection. I've seen more people (rather suprisingly) stump for the 78-97 logo than I have for the current logo (or old logo? or old old logo? You know the one). That success the team had in the 60's didn't translate into the substantial amount of goodwill that one would expect, and that's why so many people seem to have this fondness for often below .500 record team branding. Therefore, when in the situation to completely redesign their logo/uniforms and create something beautiful and iconic for new generations (even if they didn't find success on the field, as history shows), they failed miserably by failing to even scratch that surface of potential.

I agree with the first part of this statement, but I actually think this new uniform could stick with a few tweaks down the road. Part of it is my love for that green helmet (though I'd rather it have the triangle under the team name rather than the football).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If real I love the helmet color. Hate the black set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one around here who thinks this is an upgrade, or at least more suited to 2019?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Do the Bears look peewee with facemasks that match the helmet?

 

Not one bit. Masks the same color as the helmet are always a good look, and masks darker than the helmet usually are, provided the color plays a prominent role elsewhere on the uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m skeptical. We’ve heard over and over green numbers on black jerseys and big numbers. I’m not sure I buy this and i feel like I’ve seen that Darnold picture somewhere. 

If these are real, they’re ok. Looks too much like Seattle to me though. There’s something weird going on with that helmet too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Am I the only one around here who thinks this is an upgrade, or at least more suited to 2019?

 

You should probably read other people's posts.

 

Clearly, no, you're not the only one who has a positive opinion of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why would the "leak" be a blurred photo?  It's not like it's a photo of a computer monitor or of a printed sheet - it looks like an actual graphic - which wouldn't be blurred.  I'm calling BS.

 

thumb-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

why would the "leak" be a blurred photo?  It's not like it's a photo of a computer monitor or of a printed sheet - it looks like an actual graphic - which wouldn't be blurred.  I'm calling BS.

 

thumb-1.jpg

 

Pretty sure it is a photo of a printed sheet. 

 

This is clearly some kind of presentation material/book:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe.  It just looks too "perfect" for me - like the person had time to center the image and crop it just about perfectly.  If that was the case, why couldn't he focus better?  It certainly could be totally legit, I'm just not sold.

 

NINJA EDIT:

Just noticed the skyline in the background.  That's an extra detail that even the best faker probably wouldn't think to add in there.  That's something that is starting to sway me towards real...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

You should probably read other people's posts.

 

Clearly, no, you're not the only one who has a positive opinion of this.

I was thinking it was 50,50 or close on here, then I went to the article on the mothership, and not a single comment there was in favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m 100 percent certain it’s a cellphone photo of someone’s monitor. In the original (non-cropped) photo, you can see pixels when you zoom, as well as the reflection of light through windows on the monitor and the person (who is white and has a receding hairline) holding his cellphone up to the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe.  It just looks too "perfect" for me - like the person had time to center the image and crop it just about perfectly.  If that was the case, why couldn't he focus better?  It certainly could be totally legit, I'm just not sold.

 

NINJA EDIT:

Just noticed the skyline in the background.  That's an extra detail that even the best faker probably wouldn't think to add in there.  That's something that is starting to sway me towards real...

Ooh, good catch. That skyline is nifty...not to mention very subtle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

why would the "leak" be a blurred photo?  It's not like it's a photo of a computer monitor or of a printed sheet - it looks like an actual graphic - which wouldn't be blurred.  I'm calling BS.

 

thumb-1.jpg

 

You can pretty clearly see the reflection of the person taking a picture of the graphic/screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I’m 100 percent certain it’s a cellphone photo of someone’s monitor. In the original (non-cropped) photo, you can see pixels when you zoom, as well as the reflection of light through windows on the monitor and the person (who is white and has a receding hairline) holding his cellphone up to the screen.

I don't see anybody who isn't in a uniform, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm analyzing the Zapruder film. Is he on the grassy knoll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't see anybody who isn't in a uniform, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm analyzing the Zapruder film. Is he on the grassy knoll?

 

look between Darnold and Adam's head. It sort of look likes the photographer is wearing a backward white cap or I may be wrong and that could be a building in the skyline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't see anybody who isn't in a uniform, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm analyzing the Zapruder film. Is he on the grassy knoll?

 

I think I see it. Between Darnold and Adams heads. Also might be a building?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.