TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

1 minute ago, jeezuschristiii said:

look between Darnold and Adam's head. It sort of look likes the photographer is wearing a backward white cap.

Shoot, I see him now. Don't see the cap, do see the receding hairline. I had thought that was a building from the skyline.

5 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I don't see anybody who isn't in a uniform, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm analyzing the Zapruder film. Is he on the grassy knoll?

Here’s the full photo. Look between Leonard Williams (92) and Robby Anderson (11) on the left. 

I'd be pretty shocked if these weren't the uniforms, but I can't shake the feeling that this photo is heavily edited together. Studio lighting and these kinds of backgrounds make funny looks all the time, but 33 just doesn't look right. Especially on his arms. The light source between 33 and 14 doesn't quite seem to match up. If you look at the parts of those two players that are right next to each other, they seem physically very close, but with light coming from different directions.

That's my contribution to the tin foil hat brigade.

I’m not sure if this is a new high or new low for this board. 

I'm still laughing at the people suggesting this isn't real. 

The naivety about how easy it would be to fake something like this is amusing. Do you guys think it's easy to just photoshop 6 real-life Jets players into poses they've never been photographed in before, get details like their tattoos exactly right, and then also add in a fake uniform design all while getting the lighting effects perfect? That would be a monumental task. 

And say someone actually did do all that. Then we have to assume this person went to all that effort to make this fake with no possible way to benefit from doing so and only decided to release it now, a day before the unveiling, guaranteeing it will be proven wrong within hours. 

Why. How. Just... Think about all this. 

2 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

udwVRgY.jpg

As others have said this uniform is reminiscent of an afl/russell template circa '02. There is not a single element that is unique to either the jets or as a modern uniform. If you told me north texas or marshall wore this set in 2006 I would believe you. All of the former uniform era's had infinitely more character than this attempt at making a new uniform for the sake of newness. It improves on nothing compared to prior sets. Lastly this design is remarkably un-nike like from head to toe. My guess is that that they had very little influence in the design because it lacks any sort of cohesive design and any signature elements whether retro or ultra modern.

The leak is a horrendous uniform set. Really zero redeeming quality, especially in comparison to the prior set (absent the green shading issues) 

7 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Can it top this?

spacer.png

I think not.

14 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Here’s the full photo. Look between Leonard Williams (92) and Robby Anderson (11) on the left. 

I wonder if they can bust the leaker based on that hairline. 😅

1 minute ago, j'villejags said:

I wonder if they can bust the leaker based on that hairline. 😅

I was gonna say, I saw the man before I saw the skyline tbh

If those are real, they actually aint bad. I kinda like em, but kinda don't. They give off a more North Texas/Marshall vibe than a NFL team vibe, or better yet Saskatchewan, but are pretty restrained for what Nike could have done.

I do hate the mono-black though, of course. The black jerseys wouldn't be bad if worn with white or green pants (they won't ever or rarely will be) or at WORST green socks (they won't be, because, for some reason the Panthers are the only team who understand contrasting socks and even they started to forget how to do at the end of last year.) This goes for black socks with the green pants too.

7 minutes ago, PosterNutbag said:

Anyone have any predictions regarding the Nike-speak that will certainly accompany each "unique" feature? 

The white remains unchanged. 

8 minutes ago, PosterNutbag said:

Anyone have any predictions regarding the Nike-speak that will certainly accompany each "unique" feature? 

“Jet” black would surely be too obvious, but I’ll go with “big apple” green as a potential color name. I could also see the angular swoops(?) on the shoulders being a reference to contrails. 

21 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I'm still laughing at the people suggesting this isn't real. 

The naivety about how easy it would be to fake something like this is amusing. Do you guys think it's easy to just photoshop 6 real-life Jets players into poses they've never been photographed in before, get details like their tattoos exactly right, and then also add in a fake uniform design all while getting the lighting effects perfect? That would be a monumental task. 

And say someone actually did do all that. Then we have to assume this person went to all that effort to make this fake with no possible way to benefit from doing so and only decided to release it now, a day before the unveiling, guaranteeing it will be proven wrong within hours. 

Why. How. Just... Think about all this. 

It could be a team Photoshop job.

34 minutes ago, jeezuschristiii said:

You can pretty clearly see the reflection of the person taking a picture of the graphic/screen.

38 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I’m 100 percent certain it’s a cellphone photo of someone’s monitor. In the original (non-cropped) photo, you can see pixels when you zoom, as well as the reflection of light through windows on the monitor and the person (who is white and has a receding hairline) holding his cellphone up to the screen.

34 minutes ago, jeezuschristiii said:

You can pretty clearly see the reflection of the person taking a picture of the graphic/screen.

31 minutes ago, jeezuschristiii said:

look between Darnold and Adam's head. It sort of look likes the photographer is wearing a backward white cap or I may be wrong and that could be a building in the skyline.

30 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

I think I see it. Between Darnold and Adams heads. Also might be a building?

spacer.png

It could be way worse, but another team falls victim to the leotard look.

This is not a good Jets uniform. The NEW YORK on the chest has no business being big. It makes them look like a High School/College team. There's nothing in this uniform that shows evolution. They looked at the Saskatchewan Roughriders and asked "Can we copy your homework?" "Yeah, just change it up a bit so it doesn't look obvious."

The logo on the helmet looks awful. The logo itself is awful. They cropped the J and moved the footbal over the letters. It was clearly rushed and shows no effort at all.

Where's the stripe in the middle? Also that facemask better not be black because then it would be automatically Top 5 WORST helmets. 

This sucks and I already want the 5 years to hurry.