New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's go even deeper because I think I figured out what is going on with the pant stripes as I too was confused.

You can make out what I believe is the tip of the green stripe at the bottom of William's glove and then the white tape and white glove of Adams mask the white stripe.

dVHXajK.png

As for Darnold and Herndon, I guess that would have something to do with Herndon's pants being tighter/pulled back by the padding?

Quick, somebody send this to Lukas! (or not)

IbjBaeE.png

2 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

It really is insane to me that Jets are getting ride of these classic uniforms. 

Sad day indeed. This "new era" is not what I want to identify myself with. Nice to know my wallet won't be taking hits on any new gear if this leak is indeed legit. 

XM4KeeA.png

Just now, monkeypower said:

Let's go even deeper because I think I figured out what is going on with the pant stripes as I too was confused.

You can make out what I believe is the tip of the green stripe at the bottom of William's glove and then the white tape and white glove of Adams mask the white stripe.

dVHXajK.png

As for Darnold and Herndon, I guess that would have something to do with Herndon's pants being tighter/pulled back by the padding?

Quick, somebody send this to Lukas! (or not)

I could care less if Lukas thinks its photoshopped or not.

His opinions is usually crap and is a very pessimistic man, hell read his blog yesterday and it was about these cool fictional uniforms in a lottery commercial, of course he just had to make it a point how he hates lottery commercials and how stupid they usually are.

The only thing they should of done to the original uniforms is lighten up the green. Then change the logo to the football shape and add an alternate uniform that has a jet logo. Oh and fix the shoulder stripes so it doesn't stick out and get rid of the chest logo. Done!

1 hour ago, Htown1141 said:

. I've seen more people (rather suprisingly) stump for the 78-97 logo than I have for the current logo (or old logo? or old old logo? You know the one).

This is a recent occurrence. There was little to no momentum behind the 78-97 even five years ago. As @sozopol said? It's cyclical. People were sick of that logo and welcomed the throwback logo in 98.

Honestly? I think the love for the 78-97 logo will die down with this new set. The new (leaked) set fixes the biggest issue with the current throwback-inspired look by going with a more vibrant green. The new (leaked) set even uses the Namath wordmark/football logo. The 78-97 logo is nowhere in sight. And given that I think most of the recent attachment to that logo comes from the vibrant green associated with it? I think the new (leaked) look will do wonders to dampen the enthusiasm for the 78-97 logo.

2 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Maybe this is unpopular but I hate nfl jerseys that have the team name on the chest. 

Probably not as unpopular as you'd think.

1 hour ago, sozopol said:

These things are cyclical. As a Jets fan I can tell you that when they changed in '98 to the retro/classic look, most were ecstatic. The 80s/90s look was seen as cheap-looking, generic, and most of all dank with failure and ineptitude. They even seemed to turn the page on the field, briefly, going to the AFCCG several times in the decade that followed. It wasn't until recently that the 80s look has returned in popularity. It didn't help that they managed, in the last decade, to pile on new chapters of futility haha

Because no one nowadays seems to remember the Rich Kotite years.  The 4-28 record and 1-15 final season said it all.

I don't know what to believe anymore. If it's fake, it's the 2nd greatest hoax I've ever seen (Not topping the ASG Hats leak that was fabricated IMO). If they're real.... like I stated earlier, I need a cleaner pic to make a final judgement, but from what I see, I like em. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

54 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I'd be pretty shocked if these weren't the uniforms, but I can't shake the feeling that this photo is heavily edited together. Studio lighting and these kinds of backgrounds make funny looks all the time, but 33 just doesn't look right. Especially on his arms. The light source between 33 and 14 doesn't quite seem to match up. If you look at the parts of those two players that are right next to each other, they seem physically very close, but with light coming from different directions.

That's my contribution to the tin foil hat brigade.

They weren't all photographed together. One at a time and photoshopped together. 

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The can't help thinking that tubby little football is hilarious.

spacer.png

It makes no sense in any context except that it was a part of the old logo.  Beyond that, couldn't every football team everywhere put an overstuffed little cartoon football somewhere on their uniform?

And it completely clashes with the sharp, angular features on the rest of the uniform. They will make up some excuse of blending old and new. However, this is just out of place and lazy. An update to the 80s/90s logo would've fit with the theme so much better.

Another thought.  With the obvious exception of the stupid all-black uniforms, it seems like the only black on the home and road uniform is the number outlines and the facemask (maybe on the logo... too small to tell).  It seems pretty obvious that the black elements were just thrown on in a half-assed way to give them the excuse to wear boring, cliched, and ugly, all-black color rush uniforms.  Nike pulled this same lame stunt with the Lions.  They threw on charcoal gray number outlines out of left field, solely as an excuse for those (equally ugly) charcoal gray color rush things

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

Here’s the full photo. Look between Leonard Williams (92) and Robby Anderson (11) on the left. 

If these are real:

I love the shade of green.  My favorite set is the G/W/G, but I'd like to see a little more white with the socks.  I could tolerate the black set better if they weren't paired with black socks.  Black jerseys over white or green pants would be even better.

This is actually better than the colossal mess I was expecting.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived