New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll wait until I see the full resolution pics to give my full thoughts, but my first thought is that I wish they would have fully committed to the direction and put the shard on the helmet. 

16 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sure... and;

spacer.png

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Ark said:

These are better

YRHODEN1-jumbo.jpg

No offense but neither of these are good. The old school ones don't scream Jets other than for history sake and the 90s ones looks cheap.

I think a perfect medium, close to the 80s with some modern elements, would've been great.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

27 minutes ago, Olmec said:

Looks like the jets will continue to be the laughing stock of the greater New York metropolitan area

To be honest, these aren't laughinstock uniforms. If they're a laughinstock on the field that's one things. But these are kind of meh uni's that will be remembered as middle of the pack meh. Not badass, not terrible. Just...there

I have the strange feeling that these are all from the real photo shoot, but have been edited and intentionally leaked to throw us off... It wouldn't be too hard to edit helmet logos and a couple small uniform details, or mix/match a couple prototype pieces at the end of the real shoot, etc..

I definitely won't be surprised if these are real, but I certainly won't be surprised if something slightly different is unveiled..

14 minutes ago, Newport said:

How are people praising these yet condemning the Cardinals? These are worse. It’s mike they got them from 2003.  

There’s absolutely no resemblance of the Cardinals at all. Maybe you could say the pants, but that’s it. The Cardinals are side paneled and piped to hell, the Jets leak has a single sleeve stripe that comes onto the chest. There’s nothing similar between the two teams 

Just now, jeezuschristiii said:

Does anyone think a very subtle skyline pattern like the one in the background of the picture will also be on the shoulder stripes? Only reason I bring this up is because the only element I don't like is how plain the stripe looks as a single color. 

That would make it sort of jagged and messy from a distance. I don't envision any scenario where that can possibly look good...so I'm sure Chris Johnson thought it was badass and put it in there

maybe

Just now, jn8 said:

There’s absolutely no resemblance of the Cardinals at all. Maybe you could say the pants, but that’s it. The Cardinals are side paneled and piped to hell, the Jets leak has a single sleeve stripe that comes onto the chest. There’s nothing similar between the two teams 

Cards are just weird. They still kept the gray facemasks too which just don't work with the mid 2000's look that they sport. 

6 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

thumb-1.jpg

I'm REALLY interested in seeing how those shoulder stripes terminate in the back. Do they just stop where the back edge of the sleeve cap ends? Do they divert down the side/back of the jersey? Do they taper back under the nameplate? Do they join INTO a color-blocked nameplate?

Looks to me like Leonard Williams has a cape tied around his neck or something.  Not a fan.

And for the black, which is awful to even have in the first place, shouldn't the stripes also be white like the numbers?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived