New York Jets unveil new uniforms

7 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I don't get the Roughriders thing. This is an update to the 1990-1997 set and I didn't hear any association to the Roughriders then. So why now.

6 hours ago, Gupti said:

That's gonna get as annoyingly dull as the practice uniform crap from a year ago.

Most of this trolling I see on social media are people from Canada. Nobody from the U.S. is even thinking about the CFL.

Did anybody ever fuss about the Joe Namath era uniforms looking similar to older Roughrider uniforms? Who cares?

tumblr_ppf9tj6YLB1u7t2opo1_400.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Crazy Rider said:

How much you wanna bet they end up losing the lottery and end up not getting one of those Duke guys? Have they ever properly tanked? 

the worst pick they can get is 5, so they won't be "losing the lottery."  Considering there are several non-"Duke guys" mocked to be drafted in the top 5, not getting the non-Zion "Duke guys" may not be a bad thing.

how many teams "properly tank," anyway?  one a year?  They drafted porzingis at #4 (their highest pick since Patrick Ewing, which wasn't a bad pick), that was pretty successful.  

6 hours ago, tp49 said:

I would laugh my a double crooked letter off.  The Knicks, like the Jets (to tie this all together) can't seem to do anything right...properly tank, properly hire a coach or GM, properly unveil a uniform, the list goes on.

are you a sacramento kings fan?

Someone mentioned fighter jet grey. I can get a sense of an all grey set with tealish blue accents working quite well. Basically the jb Smoove sneak peak video. But that breeds a certain Randall Cunningham era Philly jersey setup too

Then again GFGS may not be an ideal replacement for BFBS. We've seen grey alternates all over college sports for Grey's now. 

So SNY (the Mets network who also covers the Jets in great depth, including pre-post game shows . . . in case you're not local to NY) has a late night sports show (Sports Nite).  Last night in the last 30 seconds of the show, they said get ready for new Jets' uniforms on Thursday and showed the leaked pic.  So, why would they being so closely affiliated with the Jets broadcast something prior to tonight's event . . . wouldn't think the Jets would be too pleased with that unless, as others have mentioned, they are trying to throw folks off with the leaked image.

Jet's QB @ Yankee stadium yesterday was interviewed . . . wearing a lot of gray and black.

Looks nice - might be one of those unveilings that looks much better on the field than in the promotional material. The only thing I wish they did was throw the 80s airplane mark over the JETS on the helmet - mash all three eras together & it would then tie in the stripes on the jersey and pants. 

11 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I could care less if Lukas thinks its photoshopped or not.

His opinions is usually crap and is a very pessimistic man, hell read his blog yesterday and it was about these cool fictional uniforms in a lottery commercial, of course he just had to make it a point how he hates lottery commercials and how stupid they usually are.

Not to go off topic, but if you don't like Lukas' opinion, whether it's about uniforms real or fictional, or what meat he cooked last night, why are you reading his site/blog?

I don't always agree with him (my own opinions tend to be about 60/40 in agreement with his), but I find his writing thought-provoking and entertaining, even when he's not writing about a uni-centric thing.

If/when these new uniforms are official, I will be interested to read his opinion on them.

48 minutes ago, jws008 said:

Not to go off topic, but if you don't like Lukas' opinion, whether it's about uniforms real or fictional, or what meat he cooked last night, why are you reading his site/blog?

I don't always agree with him (my own opinions tend to be about 60/40 in agreement with his), but I find his writing thought-provoking and entertaining, even when he's not writing about a uni-centric thing.

If/when these new uniforms are official, I will be interested to read his opinion on them.

Lukas is the Dave Meltzer of unis/logos... he's terrible but for some reason he's seen as THE uni/logo guy... and he's not...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

With the importance of angled lines in this uniform, and Nike's love for unique number fonts with unnecessary angled serifs (see: Vikings, Titans), I am kinda stunned they went with such a basic number font on this one.

Probably should have just ripped off Michigan State's number font:

spacer.png 

12 hours ago, tp49 said:

Probably not as unpopular as you'd think.

Because no one nowadays seems to remember the Rich Kotite years.  The 4-28 record and 1-15 final season said it all.

I remember those years well.  IIRC they lost three straight games in 1996 by an almost identical 35-10 score.  That's hard to do.  What's even harder to do is to have a 1-15 team in 1996 that was actually a better team than the 3-13 team from 1995. 

21 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

With the importance of angled lines in this uniform, and Nike's love for unique number fonts with unnecessary angled serifs (see: Vikings, Titans), I am kinda stunned they went with such a basic number font on this one.

Probably should have just ripped off Michigan State's number font:

spacer.png 

I'd think an italicized rounder font matches the Jets wordmark better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived