TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, CS85 said:

fBfdf9N.jpg

You forgot “half-baked comparisons substituting criticism.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Maybe.  Or black to green gradient. Or a hidden pattern in the stripes. Or a butt logo.  Or some screwed up nonsense on the upper back with the stripes.

 

Something.

Knowing this country, they'd probably sell the most gear with a butt logo. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Knowing this country, they'd probably sell the most gear with a butt logo. 😄

 

I can just hear the Nike-speak of how the butt logo commemorates the most famous play in Jets history... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Frylock said:

 

I can just hear the Nike-speak of how the butt logo commemorates the most famous play in Jets history... 

 

Mark is easily in the jets top 5 qbs of all time😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody think Nike may have purposely leaked that image out as a feeler? So they can see how people reacted and make changes before tonights unveiling?

/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Does anybody think Nike may have purposely leaked that image out as a feeler? So they can see how people reacted and make changes before tonights unveiling?

/s

No, because they have never done it before. I wish they did for the Titans embarassement last year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Maybe.  Or black to green gradient. Or a hidden pattern in the stripes. Or a butt logo.  Or some screwed up nonsense on the upper back with the stripes.

 

Something.

 

With a trifecta like that, I think you might be on to something.

 

30 minutes ago, Frylock said:

 

I can just hear the Nike-speak of how the butt logo commemorates the most famous play in Jets history...

 

 

I can see it now "New from the Nike Butt-Fumble Collection..."  all those fan merch items would have to be in "Gang Green" of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

The event starts at 7:30 tonight.

So, tune in at 11 to see the actual unveiling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

So, tune in at 11 to see the actual unveiling. 


I'd say probably about 8-8:30 unless we get another leak earlier that confirms this one. Given it's almost 2 PM EDT, that's 6 hours and it'll feel longer than it is. It always does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Does anybody think Nike may have purposely leaked that image out as a feeler? So they can see how people reacted and make changes before tonights unveiling?

/s

I'd think they'd give themselves more time if that were the case. How much can you change and manufacture in one night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody else think this leak is what Nike unveiled for the Jets but then it got mixed reviews so Nike went back in time to change the uniforms and this leak is Nike showing us what could have been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Does anybody else think this leak is what Nike unveiled for the Jets but then it got mixed reviews so Nike went back in time to change the uniforms and this leak is Nike showing us what could have been?

 

No jersey is going to get universal acclaim and this leak has gotten enough positivity. Regardless, these jerseys are made and probably delivered to thousands of retailers already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spacer.png

 

Jets posted this video on twitter today and at the end was this graphic that I pulled from it. The stripe underneath the text is eerily similar to the leaked shoulder stripes. Could just be a coincidence, thought it was worth sharing. 

 

Side Note: Graphics from the team promoting the event all have black as a color being used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dont care said:

Wait so you are saying it looks amateur because an actual amateur team does it differently?

Not differently. But better. A college team does it better. Then again, if they copied them to a tee, we'd be complaining about that. NT should never have out staged the Jets but they managed to years ago. I don't know how one can recover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

thumb-1.jpg

Wouldn't it be brilliant if Nike and the Jets created this to get everyone talking and worked up and then go on to unveil something completely different? Probably too brilliant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Wouldn't it be brilliant if Nike and the Jets created this to get everyone talking and worked up and then go on to unveil something completely different? Probably too brilliant?

 

Would be such a huge waste of time and money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

In all honesty I think every aaf uniform is better than this. They were creative but not outlandish and if you remove the helmet numbers they are all better and seem more though out than any of Nike’s ideas for nfl uniforms 

 

Maybe the Jets can just buy and recolor the Memphis Express' uniforms then.  I hear the AAF could use the money. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gr3g3 said:

 

Would be such a huge waste of time and money.

Not really. You already are doing the photoshoot for the real uniforms, wouldn't take Nike much effort at all to create a fake basic uni (I'm sure many of us here could create one in a few hours) and have the guys wear those too. Minimal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.