New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, H11K said:

spacer.png

Jets posted this video on twitter today and at the end was this graphic that I pulled from it. The stripe underneath the text is eerily similar to the leaked shoulder stripes. Could just be a coincidence, thought it was worth sharing. 

Side Note: Graphics from the team promoting the event all have black as a color being used.

That slash has been on all their promotional material for the event.

4 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Won't be long now!

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Won't be long now.

Obviously, I'm more excited.  i used an exclamation point.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

There are always “maybe this leak was faked by the team/manufacturer!” comments during the leadup to every unveiling. And they’re NEVER true. 

Time is money, so why would billion dollar businesses waste both creating fake leaks to mess with some geeks on a niche message board? I said it in the one helmet rule debate and I’ll say it again; we’re a pretty niche crowd and not at all large/important enough for these people to waste time, money, and resources to mess with. Some of our members could stand to keep that in mind. 

Also people getting angry when the similarities to the Saskatchewan Roughriders are pointed out amuse me. 

People will always try and go full-conspiracy when it comes to an unveiling that doesn't quite fit what they were expecting.  Fake reveals and testing the waters never come true.

I don't think the set looks bad.  The helmet logo being an arched "JETS" with the new football isn't too terrible.  Get an odd LSU-esque vibe from it with how it's set up.  even the pointed arrows seem conservative compared to some other....recent....unveilings.

Be interesting to see if it's true.  I really don't mind it for the Jets

If the leaked uniforms had traditional stripes, I’d almost guarantee 90% of the people on here who don’t like them, would love them. Seriously, the only non-traditional thing about these uniforms are the stripes. Everything else is perfect.

The thing I don't get is that a jet is a pretty damn cool and inspiring thing. It's literally the embodiment of speed and power and every other desirable athletic trait. 

Yet, how the NY Jets have always incorporated so little to none of that kind of imagery into their identities its a sin.  And now they've gone through yet another redesign, it still appears to be more of the same. 

This team could just as well be called the "Force" or the "Express" or the "Gothamites" ;) and it wouldn't make any bit of difference uniform wise. 

25 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

the problem is the feel of the helmet is completely detached from the feel of the uniforms from head to toe. 

You mean the helmet we haven't even really seen yet?

37 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

There are always “maybe this leak was faked by the team/manufacturer!” comments during the leadup to every unveiling. And they’re NEVER true. 

Time is money, so why would billion dollar businesses waste both creating fake leaks to mess with some geeks on a niche message board? I said it in the one helmet rule debate and I’ll say it again; we’re a pretty niche crowd and not at all large/important enough for these people to waste time, money, and resources to mess with. Some of our members could stand to keep that in mind. 

Yep, pretty much zero chance this is an intentional Nike/Jets/NFL leak to "throw us off"... and only a very very very tiny chance that it's some random guy trolling the internet.

If you're desperately hoping to see a different uniform tonight, you're best hope is that this is a screen shot of an earlier idea, created by the team and photoshopped onto a blank template picture the players posed for. It's at least possible that some guy surreptitiously stealing a screenshot might not have gotten the newest/latest iteration. 

19 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

If the leaked uniforms had traditional stripes, I’d almost guarantee 90% of the people on here who don’t like them, would love them. Seriously, the only non-traditional thing about these uniforms are the stripes. Everything else is perfect.

"If the uniforms were different, people would have different reactions to them!" 😛 

30 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

The thing I don't get is that a jet is a pretty damn cool and inspiring thing. It's literally the embodiment of speed and power and every other desirable athletic trait. 

Yet, how the NY Jets have always incorporated so little to none of that kind of imagery into their identities its a sin.  And now they've gone through yet another redesign, it still appears to be more of the same. 

This team could just as well be called the "Force" or the "Express" or the "Gothamites" ;) and it wouldn't make any bit of difference uniform wise. 

I think the shoulder designs could represent jet contrails in Nike-speak. There could be more subtle references to jets in the details that we aren't seeing right now.

SWA-Contrail.jpg

I'm also expecting their marketing jargon to be over the top tonight with adjectives (such as "fierce") that could be used to describe a jet -- even if the uniform itself isn't all that fierce.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

18 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Every single Nike release (and even that Bills release before that) had at least some sort of added "flair" to it, and it's either been ok or annoyingly bad. 

I'm really glad the Bills re-did their unforms with Reebok and right before Nike took over in 2012 because with the exception of Minnesota's there's no other makeover I have liked, and even with the Vikings they didn't make them proper white striped socks to go with their purple pants.

Kansas City's was nice, but that really wasn't a remake, all they did was reintroduce an attractive sleeve striping to the jersey and move the TV numbers to the shoulders. Would have been nice if that had reverted back to the larger helmet logo that was downsized back in 1974, I loved the look of that.

spacer.png

Archived