New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

D3V6J9FX4AEz_eH.jpg

The black feels forced here. I don't think the number outlines are necessary at all. The inconsistencies of what gets a black outline and what doesn't are a bit perplexing to me.

The helmet finish is my favorite part, but the beauty of that green makes the jersey look a bit drab. Hopefully the difference in greens won't be too noticeable on tv. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1 minute ago, j'villejags said:

The black feels forced here. I don't think the number outlines are necessary at all, and the inconsistencies of what gets a black outline and what doesn't are a bit perplexing to me.

The helmet finish is my favorite part, but the beauty of that green makes the jersey look a bit drab. Hopefully the difference in greens won't be too noticeable on tv. 

I think the fact that the outline is only for the numbers helps it. If it were also on the nike logo, but not the other white elements, then it would be increasingly confusing to me.

36 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

lol people on here really thought the leak was a smoke screen..

Nobody thought that.

Some thought it might have been a prank, because we’ve seen that before, but “smoke screen” implies the league, team, or Nike was deliberately trying to throw off the scent.  Which nobody really believed. 

20 minutes ago, jeezuschristiii said:

The Jets were the ones who helped knock black out of uniforms and now they are bring it back (tastefully). 

That doesn’t even make sense because they got rid of black once every other team decided to use it. Mets started the year the Jets introduced the modern throwbacks. 

XM4KeeA.png

14 minutes ago, poser said:

I could do without the football on there but I actually like this. From the grainy leak, I thought the text might have been curved. Happy to see it's straight. I love that shade of green. I have no problems with black being an accent like in the '90s. The classic uniform had its time and place, it was time to move on.

I'll add those shoulder "stripes" look a lot more awkward up close than they did from a distance in the leaked photo.

I'm still interested in seeing the back of the uniform and where those stripes go. Do they end abruptly? Do they mirror the front? Or do they actually connect across the nameplate in the back to create a contrasting nameplate?

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Is it too late for them to buy the Memphis Express' logo?

I mean, I know the Jets are screwups, but I find it implausible that THIS was the best option for their helmet.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived