TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

1 hour ago, Maroon said:

The disappointing part is that the Jets used to have a classic look. This, in my opinion, is a downgrade from classic to Madden build-a-team generic uniforms. They're not really ugly, they just don't strike me as any of the things that can be enjoyed in a football uniform. They're not classic. They're not unique. They're not trendsetting. They're just generic.

I do think the logo change is a positive development, though.

Exactly. These are fine, but it’s not a unique look. 

The jersey stripes are similar to the Chargers and Browns. The big chest wordmark is a Browns thing. The pants stripes are similar to what teams wore 15 years ago, and there is a resemblance to the pants from an older Saskatchewan uniform. 

The Jets completely owned their previous look. This green, with fixed shoulder stripes and striped green socks for last year’s template would’ve been perfect. And 100 percent the Jets’ look to own. Oh well. 

I like them.

I like the green helmet.

I like the all white. 

Just wish the helmet logo was the older Concorde logo. And maybe a white facemask (50/50)

I really like them. The logo is still underwhelming, in my opinion, I’d like to see more of the 80s-90s logo included, but the uniforms as a whole are still pretty good. Obviously it would be best for the black pants to never see the green and white jerseys, and from what they’ve shown so far, it looks like the Jets agree. I really don’t understand why some people are so concerned about them somehow being worn 4+ times this year. The NFL still has rules regulating alts to 3 games. 

Also: did I miss the meeting that everyone decided to call any pointed stripe a “shard”? I literally never heard that used to describe any uniform elements until the Jets leak and all of a sudden it seems like every uniform that has a point is being referred to as a shard. Where did that all of a sudden come from?

I'm honestly liking them more and more as time goes on.

I just wish they used the 80s/90s logo.

3 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I really like them. The logo is still underwhelming, in my opinion, I’d like to see more of the 80s-90s logo included, but the uniforms as a whole are still pretty good. Obviously it would be best for the black pants to never see the green and white jerseys, and from what they’ve shown so far, it looks like the Jets agree. I really don’t understand why some people are so concerned about them somehow being worn 4+ times this year. The NFL still has rules regulating alts to 3 games. 

Also: did I miss the meeting that everyone decided to call any pointed stripe a “shard”? I literally never heard that used to describe any uniform elements until the Jets leak and all of a sudden it seems like every uniform that has a point is being referred to as a shard. Where did that all of a sudden come from?

The Jets instagram also states for the black jerseys: "MAX 3x a year"

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The Rams had to get special permission about a throwback...and Denver had to put in a request two years in advance to change from the blues to the orange primary. 

Correct. What I meant though is that certain provisions within those rules allowed those two teams to do that. So theoretically speaking, if the Jets did want to petition the Shield to designate their black alternates as as prim--actually let's just not even speak that into the atmosphere. 😁

Side note: I'm just glad we finally got another (in this case, close to) Kelly green team in pro sports again. The color isn't hard to work with as long as you know what you're doing. 

Honestly these uniforms are essentially the NY Sack Exchange uniforms with the striping extended into a point and black outlining on the numbers. Maybe you improve things by dropping the black entirely? Really though, these are fine. I consider it a lateral move. They didn't improve upon their look but they didn't completely screw it up either. 

After having the time to process the set after the reveal, I've gotta say. This set isn't bad.

I absolutely love this shade of green for the Jets. It's not over-saturated and gives just enough pop to contrast well off of black and white. I like the helmet and the finish, but I wish they had different plans for the logo, only so that it fit with the rest of the look. At this point, I'm indifferent on the black facemask, as we've seen it in their history before.

The jerseys are clean. Simple, but not void of any character at all (death stares at Jacksonville), they probably should've gone in a different route with the striping. We've seen plenty of concepts on these very forums that have produced better results. I don't mind the wordmark, but I wish it were smaller. Can't not mention the disconnect amongst the fonts (logo, wordmark, and numerals all differ). A numeral font more suited to the look would've been best, maybe something slightly italic.

The pants are meh at best, but they at least match the jerseys. Could've brought the tapered stripes all the way down to the end where it meets the knee. Socks should've come with stripes like their previous set.

The black uniform elements look nice, due to the green being able to stand out, but I absolutely don't like it for the Jets. It's only best used as a tertiary color.

Overall, I'd say this look is decent. We can be relieved that we avoided worse possibilities, but it's a downgrade from the previous. But, imagine that "Gotham Green" (smh at the name) replacing the previous shade on the last set....

Why couldn't the Jets have made a modern version of this logo? 

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

Also, the "New York" on the unis is not needed, IMO.

I like it for the most part nothing special but at least nothing that to me makes this look terrible. The helmet like most people are saying does not match the rest of the uniform. I do not know why they did not simply do either one of these & put it on the helmet I like the first one the best

0htxGYJ.png

KF0k9jE.png

2 minutes ago, ChiCity95 said:

Why couldn't the Jets have made a modern version of this logo? 

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

Also, the "New York" on the unis is not needed, IMO.

I agree, but I guess they probably feel as if they did. 

The uniforms are simple, at best, which is good. I like that the Jets only use black in their alternate uniform. I love the color of green that they chose. The logo is meh... The New York isn't centered and that'll bug me, but overall, a nice, clean upgrade for the Jets.

Awful. Just awful from head to toe. You are the Jets, right? A jet in the logo (like their 80's logo) is appropriate. The Memphis Express got the logo right. The Jets did not.

Having New York on the jersey is stupid.. There are 2 "New York" teams. Either use Jets, or put something on the sleeve if you want to pay homage to New York City, which you are not. You are a Jersey team.

Is the Jets number font the first custom font from the Nike redesigns that doesn’t have any WTF angles or cuts anywhere? The 1’s could use a serif on the top but it appears to actually be a solid numeral set unless I’m missing something...

I'd be willing to bet that the first night time home game for the jets will be called a "New York Blackout" with the debut of the BFBS uniforms.

19 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Is the Jets number font the first custom font from the Nike redesigns that doesn’t have any WTF angles or cuts anywhere? The 1’s could use a serif on the top but it appears to actually be a solid numeral set unless I’m missing something...

Jaguars have a custom font that's plays towards regular block font. 

24 minutes ago, NYC Cosmos said:

The Memphis Express got the logo right.

....I heard a rumor that all the Express' helmet decals somehow are available right now. Just saying.

Would love to see a recolored Express helmet with the new Jets uniforms mashup.