New York Jets unveil new uniforms

31 minutes ago, Teal said:

Have we gotten any information as to what direction the jets are heading towards? I remember early on in the Jags process, it was known they will be going more "traditional".

Do we have any clues as to this new set?

As is the answer to basically all of your questions: if you haven’t read about it in this thread yet, then the information just isn’t out there to disseminate. If someone had some new secret information about the unis, was browsing this thread, and hadn’t already posted about the information, then it’s probably because their or someone else’s job is at risk if they spill it. Your question won’t change their mind on that.

Again: NO ONE IS WITHOLDING INFORMATION FROM YOU HERE and they’ve probably already posted it, as long as they’re not afraid of losing their job.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a big Jets fan, I'm just biting my fingernails and ready to be bored to death with a military-inspired design coming up, and 'fighter grey' sounds just too plausible.

Since the Jets came around in the 60's and their heydey still is in the 60's, i think a design that harkens back to the 'jet-set' golden age of airlines would be a more appropriate path to follow. 
Hell, even their Jets typography looks a lot like David Klein's TWA posters from that time period. 

Of course, this is the NFL, so I'm fully expecting full throttle USA/Military influence with some military stencil numbers than something that would fit the team in a perfect way.

5 hours ago, Teal said:

Have we gotten any information as to what direction the jets are heading towards? I remember early on in the Jags process, it was known they will be going more "traditional".

Just speculation. The only official thing was the hype video released by the team, which seemed to highlight Kelly green a lot. But that's it.  

9 hours ago, Teal said:

Stop it. Just read, don’t post. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, Teal said:

If we knew it would have been posted. You don’t have to keep asking. If you read the thread you can figure it out on your own.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

If we knew it would have been posted. You don’t have to keep asking. If you read the thread you can figure it out on your own.

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Stop it. Just read, don’t post. 

My question was valid and I'm glad I posted it.

Thank you @mmajeski06 I appreciate you dropping knowledge and being king and thoughtful. Have a blessed day.

Jaguars

19 minutes ago, Teal said:

Thank you @mmajeski06 I appreciate you dropping knowledge and being king and thoughtful. Have a blessed day.

We shouldn’t have to answer said question when you can do the reading on your own by looking a couple of pages by yourself. We shouldn’t have to do the work for you. You do this repeatedly.

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Just wait, and the answers will make their way towards you without you even having to ask the questions. Again, READ, wait, and silently take in what info you have with the understanding that everybody is as much in the dark as you. Spamming with “soon” or “any day now” helps nobody.

6 hours ago, Teal said:

Yeah, because someone that can say anything is just sitting there reading this thread, saw your post, and was like "oh, now I should post what I read or what someone told me."  You're going to pollute this thread like you polluted the Jaguar thread with "do we know anything?"  "won't be long now!" and "I hope it's good" and other crap that doesn't add to the discussion.

But hey - have a "blessed" day.  ?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope they don't go gimmicky and build their new look around actual jets, or air force, or anything that's nickname centric.  That's better for smaller cities, but New York is a bigger brand than any of the actual teams, and that's what they should base their identity around.  The '80s JETS wordmark with the abstract plane over it is good - but I wouldn't go any further than that with plane imagery.

That number font is not great - for one thing, I don't get why there's multiple versions of each number, and for two, some have atrocious 6s and 9s, while others look like standard MLB block.  

I don't think the Jets need to use a traditional football block font, but they don't need any gimmicks either.  Maybe a slightly italicized block or basic round font just to signify the *sigh* "speed of a jet as it goes through the clouds" .

Not sure if this is any indication of anything but...the Jets did away with the red non contact practice jerseys and went with a black non contact practice jersey (with green numbers)

DmLkqa_XcAA6JI2.jpg

No idea why the change. I mean aren't' all our bodies conditioned to see red and pull back the reigns? Not that anybody is going to be putting their helmet between Darnolds shoulder blades at practice anyway. You do that and you're cut on the spot

This is just weird

On 9/2/2018 at 10:45 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

I hope they don't go gimmicky and build their new look around actual jets, or air force, or anything that's nickname centric.  That's better for smaller cities, but New York is a bigger brand than any of the actual teams, and that's what they should base their identity around.  The '80s JETS wordmark with the abstract plane over it is good - but I wouldn't go any further than that with plane imagery.

That number font is not great - for one thing, I don't get why there's multiple versions of each number, and for two, some have atrocious 6s and 9s, while others look like standard MLB block.  

I don't think the Jets need to use a traditional football block font, but they don't need any gimmicks either.  Maybe a slightly italicized block or basic round font just to signify the *sigh* "speed of a jet as it goes through the clouds" .

I can see it right now they will have a pant stripe that curves up into a jet fin or something. Which will be inspired by their old helmet J tail50746d0dec0a48523058989fbbe171e7.jpg

On 9/1/2018 at 1:11 PM, Teal said:

Seems like a steady changeover to kelly green in a lot of promotional marketing material regarding the team. Other than that, nothing. 

3 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Seems like a steady changeover to kelly green in a lot of promotional marketing material regarding the team. Other than that, nothing. 

Thank you good sir.

I'm hoping for a double green set personally.

Have a blessed day. 

Jaguars

5 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Not sure if this is any indication of anything but...the Jets did away with the red non contact practice jerseys and went with a black non contact practice jersey (with green numbers)

DmLkqa_XcAA6JI2.jpg

No idea why the change. I mean aren't' all our bodies conditioned to see red and pull back the reigns? Not that anybody is going to be putting their helmet between Darnolds shoulder blades at practice anyway. You do that and you're cut on the spot

This is just weird

Green on black is stunning.

Jaguars

7 minutes ago, Teal said:

Green on black is stunning.

Unless you actually need to read the numbers.

Really need to question the logic of changing the "no-hit" color to black.  Anyone know what color their offense wears in practice?  I'm really hoping it's white and not green.

Archived