TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

These feel completely bland and lifeless. The Jets just look wrong without a white helmet and the black adds absolutely nothing to the design. Everything would pop so much more without it. The helmet logo is so generic. A good compromise, in my opinion, would have been the NY oval logo so as to keep a similar shape but also clean things up a bit. This set feels foreign and doesn’t really strike me as the Jets. If they wanted to resurrect the charm of the previous uniform, perhaps reusing the script or invoking the style of that era would have been better. Right now, these just feel like a generic college team.

5 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

Does everyone like the number font?  When I see the #11 jersey, this came to mind. 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKsbP1ycWM7a6vDXLh0U3

It looks lot like Jaguars’ number set, with a few nipped serifs, a closed 4, and some black trim.

After everything I like about the uniforms...

they still remind me of NCAA 14 uniform builder. 

6 minutes ago, Newport said:

Not sure how I feel about it.

Like the Gotham Green.

Like the number font.

Do not care for the black.

Not a fan of the Football on the helmet logo.

I agree with the above adjustments. The helmet logo really kills it for me. But the jerseys themselves I feel OK about.

There is an amateurish feel about them that I mostly attribute it to the helmet logo. Just so boring. 

Anyone remember Madden years ago when they couldn't quite get the helmet colors right and in different games, it just never looked right? The Jets have somehow turned that into real life. Matte or regular green would have worked well. But they had to be fancy. 

I can live with them. I'm sure there will be some tweaks here and there over time. Maybe just MAYBE they can be convinced to slap the 80's logo on the helmet. But probably not.

Some kind of Oregon badass "fire" stuff was avoided. It's acceptable. It's an update on the uni last seen in 1997. They still the Jets to me. It's not a total rebrand like the Sabres in 1996, Isles of 1995. I'm pleased with that

Not terrible, but a downgrade from  what they had. The previous set just needed updated/brighter green and proper shoulder stripes.

Overall, these new ones don’t suck. I’d put them at middle of the pack in the NFL. I do like the green helmet, that looks sharp.

But as someone mentioned earlier, it feels a little... idk, bush league for an NY team. I’m used to NY teams having clean, classic looks. I think one day we may look at these like we look at the Islanders fisherman uniforms, and Mets BFBS era. 

I don’t know why everyone wants green numbers on the black set. They’d be completely illegible from any distance.

jesus christ this is the NFL...we are suppose to know who a team is, from their uniform and or colors...we don’t need the team name on the chest!

As a Jets fan, I like them and honestly might buy one/ask for one for a gift at some point.

I really do think the hot takes on either side will die down pretty quickly. These are not nearly as offensively bad as the Nike OG Jags, the Browns nor the Bucs and I think these will slide into the rest of the NFL and everyone will move on, unlike the Jags, the Browns and the Bucs.

I’ve lost interest in the sport over the years  but now this is like the final nail in the coffin. Jets I grew up loving are dead. 

Shelves are missing something. Just bare material. They have used their new NY secondary logo and there'd have been no need for  a New York workmark above the numbers

Either that or flip the script. NY on the helmets and the old JETS font on the shoulders. 

I'm surprised they got away with placing the swoosh so far up on the shoulders. 

Small tweaks could put this up there as a Better set. 

I like them. Hated the old look so big upgrade here for me. New green is 100x better than that drab olive color they previously used. 

Favorite combo is green/white/green

image.jpg

White on green looks a lot better with the high white socks.

The Jets were one of the most successful mix and match teams in the league and now that is seemingly dead. What a shame

For the second season in a row, we have a white helmet team change the helmet color to that of their jersey so that they can go monochrome. At least a white helmet provides some contrast.

I always thought this was one of the best same color jersey/pant combos in the league with a solid color balance:

merlin_144990570_5722e5dd-380d-4fab-956d

But now he have basically another Eagles set. Why do these teams refuse to pair black jerseys with any other pant color? Props to the Ravens for mixing in white and purple pants with their black jersey. There is nothing original or exciting about a plain black uniform and plenty of teams do it. It seems like any team that Nike rebrands loses their identity (which was fine to begin with) and becomes another version of a different team (just like the Titans last season who now look like HOU or SEA)

I know I might be in the minority but I really like the black unis (and I'm a Giants fan). Like the white the most but really don't like the Green. Should not have the black outlines. Kind of funny how the Jaguars need black outlines yet the Jets don't. Should do a little outline swap.

I actually think these are great. It’s a bit understated, but with some of the bat:censored: zany trash Nike has put out over the years (Bucs, Titans) the Jets should consider themselves lucky.

The new primary logo misses the mark pretty badly for several reasons. It’s actually a decent sized downgrade from their current logo because you can tell they wanted to go in a new direction, but it almost feels like they felt obligated to keep the oval. I like that they didn’t force it onto the helmet and decided to do something different, at least. 

Speaking of the helmet, I LOVE the new helmet. The green is great and I actually think having the wordmark on the helmet is a nice touch. It’s simple, but I really think it works. 

This is is the first time in awhile where a pretty well established team has changed their look and it’s actually turned out to be an improvement IMO. I’m a big fan of their old look, too. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Why another thread?  Just confusing.

It’s the moderating team’s policy for big unveilings to split off a new thread once the jerseys are unveiled.

The speculation threads often end up at more than 100 pages (this one did), so we don’t want to make it too overbearing for anyone who’s coming in now that hasn’t been following that thread since the start. There’s also a nice, clean break typically — it’s a fundamentally different discussion when the speculation ends and the unveiling starts.