TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Recommended Posts

Eh. 

 

The black isn't black which makes it look like someone didn't know how to wash them and let them fade. The white with green pants looks good. Green? Eh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care for the city name on the chest or the black alternates, but the rest of the look... I love it! The entire AFC East now looks great, and if the Dolphins ever adopted their '60s throwbacks full-time that would be even better. I'm already imagining how good a Bills-Jets matchup is going to look next season as long as the Jets stay away from the black unis for those games.

 

In the last two years, I would say we've gotten two pretty good upgrades (Jaguars, Jets), a good slight modification (Dolphins) and one major downgrade (Titans). That's pretty good considering how badly Nike has screwed up a few other teams. Hopefully the Browns will return to a nice traditional look next year and fingers crossed that the Rams don't screw up by making any drastic changes either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

I think this does a good job of combining the 80's/90's identity with the Namath/current identity

How

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bowld said:

I like them. Hated the old look so big upgrade here for me. New green is 100x better than that drab olive color they previously used. 

 

Favorite combo is green/white/green

spacer.pngThis looks neither drab nor olive, but the fact that lighting had to be correct, the green jersey had it's own share of issues, and they could never figure out the shoulder stripes always held this set back.. it's a shame that it wasn't salvageable before a whole new look was needed, because I'm not sold on the new look at all..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks great. My only problem might be the kinda wonky block font but even then it's not too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of combinations, I kind of want to see what the black set would look like with green socks, so it's G/B/B/G. I think that might look good and at the very least break up the leotard look (or is it yoga pants, I forget where the CCSLC ended up on that).

 

I do think the black jerseys and black pants should only exist on their own. I don't see them mixing in well with the green and white jerseys or pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have The Jets ever used Black? 

I keep looking at the Black Alt and all I keep thinking about are the Eagles. 

 

Overall I'd say they're just ok. Though I liked the old ones better (plus I always had a thing for teams that had emblem patches like the Jets & Jags) 

Only thing I'd change is the Helmet, I'd rather they have gone with a matte finish like The Vikings. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Have The Jets ever used Black? 

I keep looking at the Black Alt and all I keep thinking about are the Eagles. 

 

Overall I'd say they're just ok. Though I liked the old ones better (plus I always had a thing for teams that had emblem patches like the Jets & Jags) 

Only thing I'd change is the Helmet, I'd rather they have gone with a matte finish like The Vikings. 

 

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

 

I’m really sorry that these Jets uniforms killed your parents. My Condolences.

 

But at the time of the killings, the uniforms were being brainwashed by the Russians, so they really shouldn't be blamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

In terms of combinations, I kind of want to see what the black set would look like with green socks, so it's G/B/B/G. I think that might look good and at the very least break up the leotard look (or is it yoga pants, I forget where the CCSLC ended up on that).

 

I do think going with the black jerseys and black pants should only exist on their own. I don't see them mixing in well with the green and white jerseys or pants.

I wanna see G/B/W/G and G/B/G/B.. I can live with the BFBS alt if they don't insist on going mono black all the d*mn time.. let the black details in the uniform carry the black a bit if you're going to force it on us.. don't try to justify things by throwing as much black as possible at us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

 Does everyone like the number font?  When I see the #11 jersey, this came to mind. 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKsbP1ycWM7a6vDXLh0U3

Me personally my mind went straight to this

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likes:

Return to a green helmet

The green itself is an upgrade; I really didn't like the pants in hunter green

I think I may actually prefer the white jersey, green pants combo

Dislikes:

New York on chest is bothersome; would prefer the "NY" if it was so necessary to force a NY element

I can live with helmet logo, but if "Jets" absolutely needed to be there, I would've liked a return or refresh of the concorde logo

I don't mind the infusion of black, but didn't think a black alternate was necessary.

There needed to be a white facemask.  This cannot be refuted.  I mean it can, but a white facemask on the upgraded green would pop.

 

Will they wear white cleats with the white and green sets?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, they don't suck, so that's something.

 

The black serves zero purpose.  I hate the black uniform, and the black accents are so minimal and tacked-on everywhere else that if they just got rid of all black, this would go up several ratings points from me.  Plain single-layer numbers and a gray facemask (BOOOMMM!!!) and I'd actually call this good.

 

 

 

Is it just me, or do the 1's and 4's seem to be from a different font set than the other numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New York Jets Take Flight, Unveil New Logo and Uniforms for 2019

April 5, 2019 - 01:09 AM

A lighter green returns, joined by black as the New York Jets unveiled their new logo and uniforms at Gotham Hall in Midtown Manhattan. Three new uniforms were unveiled by the team tonight at a media event hosted by actor-comedian […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I wanna see G/B/W/G and G/B/G/B.. I can live with the BFBS alt if they don't insist on going mono black all the d*mn time.. let the black details in the uniform carry the black a bit if you're going to force it on us.. don't try to justify things by throwing as much black as possible at us

Okay, that's an interesting take.  Does anyone do that though?  I feel it's either no black or all black all the time (for the teams without black as a primary/secondary color).  But I could defintiely get behind the black jersey/white pants or black jersey/green pants.  Seems like it would behoove teams to do more of this mixing and matching for merch sales due to the helmet limitations.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Helmet:

 

I'm very happy they went back to a green shell. Might look better with a white facemask, but black is hardly egregious since they incorporated it into their set. Helmet logo could be better, but it's fine.

 

Jersey: 

 

Never have been a fan of the large city name across the chest look. that's really the only drawback for me though. Nice simple, modern designs are always winners for me and the Green and White jerseys accomplish that.

 

Pants:

 

Really not a huge fan. Looks a bit goofy.

 

Last year I wished the Jags set had a pants stripe, but after seeing over and over and over again how bad Nike is at pants stripes, I guess I'm fine with the plain 😂

 

Worst Thing About The Set:

 

The black jerseys are horrific. Burn them at the stake.

 

Overall:

 

Solid B-B+. Good update. Can't wait to see the real test once they get on the field and play with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, henburg said:

This looks great. My only problem might be the kinda wonky block font but even then it's not too bad.

Eh, the block is just the generic one used by the Giants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JD1500 said:

Okay, that's an interesting take.  Does anyone do that though?  I feel it's either no black or all black all the time (for the teams without black as a primary/secondary color).  But I could defintiely get behind the black jersey/white pants or black jersey/green pants.  Seems like it would behoove teams to do more of this mixing and matching for merch sales due to the helmet limitations.  

I guess the argument could be made that it kinda is their secondary color now, so I could see them using that logic as rationale to mix and match appropriately.. better than mono all the time, which is rarely appropriate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JD1500 said:

Likes:

Return to a green helmet

The green itself is an upgrade; I really didn't like the pants in hunter green

I think I may actually prefer the white jersey, green pants combo

Dislikes:

New York on chest is bothersome; would prefer the "NY" if it was so necessary to force a NY element

I can live with helmet logo, but if "Jets" absolutely needed to be there, I would've liked a return or refresh of the concorde logo

I don't mind the infusion of black, but didn't think a black alternate was necessary.

There needed to be a white facemask.  This cannot be refuted.  I mean it can, but a white facemask on the upgraded green would pop.

 

Will they wear white cleats with the white and green sets?

 

I agree 100% with all of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.