New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon further review of the Jets jerseys, I am willing to concede to some of @Ice_Cap and et al.'s point about looking like the Roughriders because of the pants (though I am a bit irked as to why my post needed to be responded too, despite said response happening after the original Jets thread was locked, but that's neither here nor there).

I still think the jerseys look nothing alike, but the pants really remind me of the old Roughriders set. (Also, the Riders had the black outline around the stripes and I really think the Jets could benefit from that)

D3WamiAUIAAxqD3.jpg

11311009.jpg

I will still contend the similarities mostly stem from the fact there's only so many ways similar shades of green can look on a football team. 

IEI5Tg1.png

2 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Upon further review of the Jets jerseys, I am willing to concede to some of @Ice_Cap and et al.'s point about looking like the Roughriders because of the pants (though I am a bit irked as to why my post needed to be responded too, despite said response happening after the original Jets thread was locked, but that's neither here nor there).

I still think the jerseys look nothing alike, but the pants really remind me of the old Roughriders set. (Also, the Riders had the black outline around the stripes and I really think the Jets could benefit from that)

D3WamiAUIAAxqD3.jpg

11311009.jpg

I will still contend the similarities mostly stem from the fact there's only so many ways similar shades of green can look on a football team. 

Those aren't the current Riders' uniforms though..

1 hour ago, jws008 said:

IMHO - It almost looks like the helmets and team logo were from one design team, and the jerseys, pants, and socks were from a second design team. Other than the typeface for Jets on the helmet and New York across the chest, nothing else “matches” so to speak.

That’s what I thought too after first seeing these together, but my guess is they were trying to mix the two eras together. The shape of the new oval logo has that Namath era feel while the sleek jerseys and colors look like the 80s and 90s Jets.

Although I’m not a fan of the execution of the spacing within this new oval, I do like that the previously hard-to-read “NY” stencil lettering awkwardly placed behind the JETS is no more, and this new oval is easier to read.

The shoulder striping on the Jets previous jerseys were among the best in the league, classics, but I don’t hate this new look. 

22 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Hence why I specified the old Riders jerseys. The new ones don't share the same striping on the pants.

Missed that part.. they don't remind me of the Riders at all, but then again, I haven't followed the CFL as closely over the years, so I had no immediate recollection of that set.. still, no horrid side panels or piping.. both green teams with pointy pants stripes is about as far as the similarities go... But I can understand why some would see it

30 minutes ago, Sleeper66 said:

This was mentioned in the now defunct thread, but the refusal to exploit jet imagery beyond the wedge/doorstop thing is baffling.

Agreed, and why not use that shape on the helmet?

ap_c02g1jets05-_515831.jpg?w=1000&h=1002

I... don’t hate these? The BFBS trend is and always will be dumb, and I thought we’d kind of moved past that to a point, but I think those green and white unis are solid if unspectacular. It could be a whole heck of a lot worse. 

spacer.png

55 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Exactly and they are different leagues.  This has happened in the past.  I remember in the early 1990s when the Saskatchewan Roughriders wore the exact same pants both the Philadelphia Eagles and the New York Jets were wearing at the same time.  Silver at home and green on the road.

spacer.png   spacer.png

So when the ladies Jet Flight Crew kicked this off I was excited . . . their uniforms in gray/black looked great so I thought we had a "fighter" jet/pilot look to unveil.  Then, the leaked uniforms became reality.  Very disappointing.  They do look better live than the leaked image but still a major fail.  It took them 3 years to put this together . . . looks like a Sears catalog jersey from the 70s. 

I could kinda live with them if perhaps they had an actual logo of some sort on the helmet.  Again, 3 years to create this?  No words.

That's ok . . . I'm sure these will be out the window in 5 years.

46 minutes ago, jaha32 said:

The shoulder striping on the Jets previous jerseys were among the best in the league, classics, but I don’t hate this new look. 

This was true when the uniforms debuted in 1998. But every manufacturer and template change made them look demonstrably worse, and the Jets were long overdue for an overhaul that was built with a modern football uniform in mind. This accomplishes that goal. The look overall is perhaps too simple, and definitely resembles a Nike stock teamwear option, but it's still a significant upgrade for me.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is it just me or does the “green” helmet look more black in the light, the gloss is horrible, I know it is green but the way it looks, maybe it’s the lights and the indoors setting, makes it black and it’s disgusting, if not black then a dark green that doesn’t even match the rest of the set. Gloss helmets are much worse than matte anyway. The whole set is extremely underwhelming and a horrible design. The inconsistency on the black outlines, the dumb, browns like stripes. I can’t wait till the Nike era is over in the nfl, and the nba for that fact.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived