New York Jets unveil new uniforms

The black unis will become their normal set by the end of the season.  By 2020 they’ll be the new Saints. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ONUV said:

actually bad

Nike and the NFL has not been a good partnership. I just don't think they gel.

With most designs I think they just try to hard. But honestly, uniform design has been getting progressively worse across all sports. We've seen sleeves in the NBA, millions of chrome football helmets, NHL's Reebok Edge era, etc. Instead of trying to make the best design possible, teams want to make a splash. Having said that, I like the Jets redesign. I've never been a fan of the old look and am glad that it is gone. The logo was cluttered and dated. The sleeve design didn't translate to the modern uniform cut. Did they need a black jersey? Probably not. But who cares? They'll be able to wear it 3 times max. 

3 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Instead of trying to make the best design possible, teams want to make a splash.

I think this is the inevitable result of merchandising culture.  Once "will it sell?" becomes the primary concern, good designs become harder and harder to create.

I feel like they had the uniforms locked in first...then crafted a logo refresh last. The two (logo and uniforms), to me at least, don't "go together" in style. There's no dynamic element to the helmet logo in the same way that the uniforms have that dynamic "spike" thing everywhere.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

55 minutes ago, CS85 said:

The black unis will become their normal set by the end of the season.  By 2020 they’ll be the new Saints. 

NFL uniform rules don’t really allow an alternate to take over

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

NFL uniform rules don’t really allow an alternate to take over

Unless you're the Denver Broncos...or this past year's St. Louis LA Rams.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the jerseys, but I hate the helmet. The green is going to constantly mismatch with the jerseys and they will always be a white helmet team to me even when they dabble in green. Also having a green helmet allows them to have a black uniform, which I don't like.

Just now, Buc said:

Broncos were over 5 years old and the Rams knew they didn't want to wear the new uniforms until they entered their new stadium. The Jets will probably still wear that black uniform 3 times a year if the NFL continues to enforce Color Rush.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Well the outrage machine here going into full blast mode was predictable no matter what was released.  These look pretty tame, I’m not even sure where the shouting about these looking too modern and trendy is coming from.  

If anything they are a bit plain.  The shade of green is really quite nice and I’m interested in seeing these helmets under the sun and lights, I think they are pretty attractive.  I get the “they don’t match the green in the Uniform” but I’ll reserve judgement until we see them in action.  Helmets are not fabric there’s no universal law that says they have to look exactly the same (in fact if you want to be a purist to materiality - they shouldn’t look or react to light exactly the same as fabric).  They just shouldn’t look out of place, they should just complete an identity.  

The monochrome and BFBS looks are the worst of the set but that’s this era for you. I think these are gonna look sharp in green/white and white/green.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:28 PM, monkeypower said:

Upon further review of the Jets jerseys, I am willing to concede to some of @Ice_Cap and et al.'s point about looking like the Roughriders because of the pants (though I am a bit irked as to why my post needed to be responded too, despite said response happening after the original Jets thread was locked, but that's neither here nor there).

I still think the jerseys look nothing alike, but the pants really remind me of the old Roughriders set. (Also, the Riders had the black outline around the stripes and I really think the Jets could benefit from that)

D3WamiAUIAAxqD3.jpg

11311009.jpg

I will still contend the similarities mostly stem from the fact there's only so many ways similar shades of green can look on a football team. 

Wrong. The new Jets uni is clearly a blatant rip-off of the Farmingdale High School football team of Long Island, NY. 

tumblr_ppho2uZSHe1u7t2opo1_1280.pnj

tumblr_pphnm6XHfX1u7t2opo1_250.jpg

tumblr_pphiawT9kx1u7t2opo1_400.png

tumblr_pphnotlASZ1u7t2opo1_400.jpg

tumblr_pphooxq9Fy1u7t2opo1_1280.pnj

tumblr_pphp10eeAn1u7t2opo1_1280.pnj

Shame on the Jets for stealing these kids' uniforms. Sad.

I really love the idea of this set. The new green is great, the return to green helmets is welcomed. Yes, the uniforms are a bit plain, but that's also something I welcome. 

I just don't like the logo. This set's screaming to have the old '80s-'90s Jets logo return to the helmet. It seems like such a no-brainer. 

27 minutes ago, Buc said:

The Rams had to get special permission about a throwback...and Denver had to put in a request two years in advance to change from the blues to the orange primary. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Underwhelming. It really looks like a lazy design attempt. The coolest thing is the sleeve stripe and they couldn't even figure out a way to wrap it around the back and just cut it off at the seam in the panels. Meh.

At least we'll never have to see these in a Super Bowl.

Archived