TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Unless you actually need to read the numbers.

Really need to question the logic of changing the "no-hit" color to black.  Anyone know what color their offense wears in practice?  I'm really hoping it's white and not green.

Offense is white.

DmM4vI8XsAUqSyA.jpg

55 minutes ago, Teal said:

Green on black is stunning.

Stunningly awful.

If Darnold lives up to his potential, whatever uniforms they go with will define the era, much like Brady and the current Patriot uniforms. 

Reminds me of when the 49ers switched to black QB jerseys with illegible numbers shortly before unveiling an all-black uniform (with illegible numbers).

The Ravens did the same as the Jets this offseason so it may just be a trend (although the Ravens already are a black team).

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

Stunningly awful.

If Darnold lives up to his potential, whatever uniforms they go with will define the era, much like Brady and the current Patriot uniforms. 

I’m still hearing stunning. 

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

Stunningly awful.

4 minutes ago, dolfan13 said:

I’m still hearing stunning. 

I really don’t think this is the best case you can make. ? 

The Jets have had 2 basic long-term uniforms that most folks associate with them.  Each has favorable qualities and each could be tweaked for a nice fresh look.  Unfortunately, I predict the Jets will opt for an entirely new direction and come up with some original garbage like other franchises have done lately.

3 hours ago, Gupti said:

Reminds me of when the 49ers switched to black QB jerseys with illegible numbers shortly before unveiling an all-black uniform (with illegible numbers).

The Ravens did the same as the Jets this offseason so it may just be a trend (although the Ravens already are a black team).

From what I remember, the reason the 49ers went black on the field was because the players liked the black practice jerseys so much.

3 hours ago, Mitch B said:

The Jets have had 2 basic long-term uniforms that most folks associate with them.  Each has favorable qualities and each could tweaked for a nice fresh look.  Unfortunately, I predict the Jets will opt for an entirely new direction and come up with some original garbage like other franchises have done lately.

Let's hope so...

15 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Offense is white.

DmM4vI8XsAUqSyA.jpg

Is it just me, or is Darnold's number the brighter shade of green that they used for Color Rush? Illegible as it might be on a black background from a distance, it still provides worlds more contrast than forest green would. 

Incidentally, Kelly and black is kind of what I'm hoping for now. This is probably the fifteenth time I've mentioned the Adams pic by now, but that shade would pair perfectly with black. Bright Kelly primary, black secondary, with 1978-97 script as logo.

11 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Is it just me, or is Darnold's number the brighter shade of green that they used for Color Rush?

I dunno.  That looks like all one shade of green, the shorts and the stripes and the numbers.  And based on the whites, the sun is probably making it appear lighter than it is.  That #14 is the only one in full sunlight, but the sunny parts of the 68 and 17 also appear more kelly than forest. 

I would love to see Kelly green back, but this seems more like over-exposure than anything.

12 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

From what I remember, the reason the 49ers went black on the field was because the players liked the black practice jerseys so much.

Really? Like, how many fire emojis we talking here?

47 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Really? Like, how many fire emojis we talking here?

It has to be at least 3, right?

16 hours ago, Gupti said:

I'm not sure exactly when they started, but the Ravens have had black QB practice jerseys for at least two years now.  This is a picture of Ryan Mallett from 2017 training camp.

ryan-mallett.jpg

I still don't like these because the purple numbers are practically invisible.

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I'm not sure exactly when they started, but the Ravens have had black QB practice jerseys for at least two years now.  This is a picture of Ryan Mallett from 2017 training camp.

ryan-mallett.jpg

I still don't like these because the purple numbers are practically invisible.

Yeah, those numbers should be white, or at the very least have a white or gold outline. 

Then again, how much does that really matter in practice? There are only three quarterbacks on the roster, and I would think the head coach would be up to snuff enough to realize which one is currently taking snaps.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, those numbers should be white, or at the very least have a white or gold outline. 

Then again, how much does that really matter in practice? There are only three quarterbacks on the roster, and I would think the head coach would be up to snuff enough to realize which one is currently taking snaps.

Mallett is the one who's 6'7" and smells like weed.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Coaches tape is filmed from above the field, and if I'm a coach, I'd like to instantly know who I'm looking at and not have to stare for more than a second to gauge their height, weight, throwing motion, etc.  

Personally, I hope the Jets go back to the 87-89 set with the lighter green sans black, which has been hard to find actual pictures of:

1987_NYJets.png

These have a shade of green that pops, there's 0 black muddling the look, the design could work with the green or classic white helmet IMO & it'd be a nice change that wouldn't upset fans.