New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I saw the jets fan too during wrestlemania.

Here he is.

J58p9dP.png

Gary Vaynerchuk??

34 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

The Jets have been sending out jerseys in these really nice boxes as gifts to former Jets/celebrity Jets fans/other New York sports teams, but I am a bit wary about the fact that it's the black ones being sent out.

fairly normal for teams to use black in any material intended for VIPs. Dolphins do it too

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm starting to see some calls here for the black jersey to be worn with the green pants. While pretty much anything is better than black monochrome, I don't see the black over green option being much better. Not with that plain white stripe. It all feels a bit disjointed.

i don't know. did a quick edit from the studio unveiling pics. looks pretty good to me (and the contrast would obviously be even greater in daylight/under stadium lights):

black-green-black.png

sig2024.png

59 minutes ago, schlim said:

Can't wait to hear from the first poster who expresses his disdain for Paul Lukas and complains about Uniwatch's 'Culinary Corner' in this thread.

Why even bring that up?

Anyway... what if they had outlined the spikes in white (on the white jersey) and then made the sleeve green underneath (and reverse on the other jerseys).  It might have looked more like an update of the classic set that way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Brian E said:

if i was tweaking this set:

1.  throw the jet silhouette from the 80s logo on top of the wordmark that is on the helmet.

2. either seriously shrink down the 'NEW YORK,' or go with the 'NY' mark they have (but again, make it smaller).

3. i'd cut the stripes off at the sleeves. feel like the stripes going onto the chest is what will ultimately date this set.

4. pair the BFBS uni with green pants. so i'd go BLACK-GREEN-BLACK (jersey-pants-socks), which i think would make the green elements pop. also, i'd like to see a GREEN-BLACK-GREEN look at some point (i'm sure we will).

i know this probably can get filed away to the unpopular opinion thread, but i think this set is a major upgrade from what they had (yes, what they had last year, not what starter produced in 1998, though my personal taste still like this set better than that set, too). i'm usually a traditionalist, but i don't mind black in the color scheme, i love the new shade of green, and think the helmet is the star of the whole set (i have always preferred the jets in green helmets, probably because of when i grew up). with some tweaking, it could have been a modern classic. as-is, i think it's a very solid uniform.

Personally I think wraparound stripes with a contrast nameplate would look awesome. I actually don't mind the stripes extending onto the chest in front. That's pretty much my only disagreement with your analysis.

1 hour ago, schlim said:

Can't wait to hear from the first poster who expresses his disdain for Paul Lukas and complains about Uniwatch's 'Culinary Corner' in this thread.

I think that was you! Congratulations!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, unimaniac said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I’m hoping to see them wear black pants and green socks with the green jersey at least once this year.  Maybe same with the white jersey too.

i'm with you.

sig2024.png

spacer.png

The helmet just feels incomplete or unfinished. The 90's logo would have been perfect. Adding the jet to the new wordmark or helmet logo would have helped.

spacer.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

40 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Man that football on the logo looks dumb. It would've been better off with just the word Jets.

I'm in the same boat. The football just looks ... odd? JETS would be fine, but I'd prefer the NY logo over anything else.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

One of the things I remember noticing during the unveiling was when the Jets president mentioned new colours in the endzones. I'll be interested to see what, if anything, he meant by that.

Since the endzones are just pieces of turf that get taken out to switch between the Jets and Giants anyways, could there be a set of black endzones for when they wear the black jerseys?

IbjBaeE.png

The only thing I like is the addition of black (not the black jersey) and maybe the green lid. Besides that though I actually think these are a downgrade. And the logo on the helmet sucks bad.

I think the uniforms have grown on me.  My only real issue is the logo on the helmet.  I think a few simple options to rectify this are:

1. Get rid of the football.

2. Option 1: As the poster above shared, add the jet to the top of the logo (combining 80s/current)

2.A Option 2: Use an NY with a silver jet (similar to 80s logo) streaking across the NY (my preference)

The color of the helmet is beautiful.  Make this change and the NY on the chest instead of NY and you have a winner.

BTW . . . I think the all white uni and all black are pretty sweet.

4 hours ago, unimaniac said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I’m hoping to see them wear black pants and green socks with the green jersey at least once this year.  Maybe same with the white jersey too.

I would like to see that as well. I think it would be better than black/black.

9 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

There's also nothing in there that wasn't pretty easy to guess. Fans clearly wanted lighter green and a return to the 80s look, so it was easy to connect the dots to black being involved.

Not saying this discredits anyone, just that I'm not sure it verifies anyone's creds either. 

That’s what makes this frustrating as heck: his info is *practically correct* in the sense that you could have “leaked” that the Jags were going back to an all black helmet a year ago and end up being proven “correct.” It isn’t substantial enough to pin him as some kind of NFL insider leak god or even to demonstrate that the information was actually worth knowing at the time, though it’s just enough for him to be able to run the damn bases when he gets back. *sigh* It’s just a much safer iteration of Dan Parker’s JUST LIKE OREGON!! tactics. 

I suppose I’m just in denial that someone with such sophomoric posting habits as his could be anywhere near the position to be able to know and leak precious, top secret information about NFL uniforms. I’d sooner expect him to be in the position to leak such info like that Tommy and Susie got to second base in an empty classroom while everyone else was at lunch. I can’t be alone here.

Archived