New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Just now, NYC Cosmos said:

Think Memphis Express. No blue to red fade. Use a white shell, use new green and darker green for jet. Green helmet: silver or black/white.

The Express really had a cool helmet...and really would have worked for a modern Jets uniform. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Are we all forgetting that Teal was right on everything in the NBA? He leaked jackets that were true (albeit with a misspelling, lol). He leaked that the Bucks city jersey will be yellow before anyone else did, which was true. IIRC, he also told us about Earned uniforms (basically, that a fifth line exists and will only be given to teams who made the playoffs) first - which was true. He said the Barcelona away uniforms for 2020 will be yellow - unless FH and a bunch of other people are wrong too (he put the news out before any “trusted” soccer leaks site did) - true. Also, someone posted a picture a while back on the retail description of the green jersey. While the name given by the Jets is “Gotham Green”, the name given by the listing? Sport Green - the exact name Teal called.

If I had to guess, either he or his “source” (probably a friend) got a job in Nike sports retail/distribution (he’s only ever leaked Nike designs). It would explain how he’s not having direct details on design, but has colors relatively correct. There’s probably a “coming soon” where the picture of the product should be (ironically, to prevent employees from leaking things), but it still lists the colors to the side.

This is correct. 

4 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I am now going to use this post as an excuse to share a criminally underrated Blondie song (including a video in which Debbie Harry manages to make an orange jumpsuit look good) . . .

Debbie Harry could make even the Jets uniforms look good! Heyo!...

(Sorry...)

8 minutes ago, furious yellow said:

Debbie Harry could make even the Jets uniforms look good! Heyo!...

(Sorry...)

I'll second that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If there is one thing I think would make that set a home run would for the team to "adopt" the current Virginia Tech jersey that has the modified stripe pattern.

spacer.png

They can have the collar remain green (or black if they wanted to tie in sets together) and the stripes on either side of the collar would be white (on green set), green (on white set) and green (on black set). Then just do something with the stripe. But I can still live with what was given. This would then allow them to also put their new New York Jets in and oval logo on the chest as on the previous set or just a NY in oval.

1 hour ago, tp49 said:

This thread has pretty much everything except the traditional debate amongst New Yorkers about which NYC pizza shop is the best.

it's [LOCAL PIZZA PLACE THAT I FREQUENT THAT MAKES THE STYLE OF PIZZA I HAVE GROWN TO PREFER]. everybody knows this!

sig2024.png

10 minutes ago, Brian E said:

it's [LOCAL PIZZA PLACE THAT I FREQUENT THAT MAKES THE STYLE OF PIZZA I HAVE GROWN TO PREFER]. everybody knows this!

What kind of philistine are you?  No one with half a brain eats the pizza from [LOCAL PIZZA PLACE THAT I FREQUENT THAT MAKES THE STYLE OF PIZZA I HAVE GROWN TO PREFER]. You need to venture out of [TOURIST TRAP NEIGHBORHOOD THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING AUTHENTIC ANYMORE]!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Ugh. Little kids? Nah. Many colleges had team name/location on top of the number. I like/liked most of them.

I love CU's unis (well, before they switched to beige). 

The "COLORADO" is pretty cool.

Yes but for the NFL it looks stupid to put that on the front of the jersey. 

The large wordmark on the upper jersey looks great in college IMO.  Probably because I'm used to it, but Oklahoma and Michigan State wouldn't look right without it. I was also kind of ok with it for the Browns... As a city pride one-of-a-kind thing, but I definitely don't want to see it become a common thing in the NFL.

25 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The large wordmark on the upper jersey looks great in college IMO.  Probably because I'm used to it, but Oklahoma and Michigan State wouldn't look right without it. I was also kind of ok with it for the Browns... As a city pride one-of-a-kind thing, but I definitely don't want to see it become a common thing in the NFL.

Are you missing a 'don't' in that statement (where I added it in bold)?

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, tp49 said:

This thread has pretty much everything except the traditional debate amongst New Yorkers about which NYC pizza shop is the best.

2 hours ago, Brian E said:

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

What kind of philistine are you?  No one with half a brain eats the pizza from [LOCAL PIZZA PLACE THAT I FREQUENT THAT MAKES THE STYLE OF PIZZA I HAVE GROWN TO PREFER]. You need to venture out of [TOURIST TRAP NEIGHBORHOOD THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING AUTHENTIC ANYMORE]!

giphy.gif

IEI5Tg1.png

Archived