New York Jets unveil new uniforms

The darnold photo has a great glossy brightness. We see the dullness in the second photo. Wait until the night or overcast games folks. Things will look super dull and black. Maybe they'll go black out for those games lol. 

I want to say the first photo is controlled and indoors with lower than usual stadium practice lighting. The others show a natural source of light and it's a bit of a mess. Inside and in the dark may be a mess. I guess we wait? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MattMill said:

The darnold photo has a great glossy brightness. We see the dullness in the second photo. Wait until the night or overcast games folks. Things will look super dull and black. Maybe they'll go black out for those games lol. 

I want to say the first photo is controlled and indoors with lower than usual stadium practice lighting. The others show a natural source of light and it's a bit of a mess. Inside and in the dark may be a mess. I guess we wait? 

They should’ve gone matte

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

The NFL was quick to get the pocket pro helmets out this offseason, and figured to post the Jets new lids as it shows off the drastic difference lighting can make on it. Obviously won't be an exact match to the real thing but worth a look.

Has he done an Indoor/night game replication of the lighting effect ? June sun is nothing like a overcast IN THE SHADOWS game at meadowlands at 1pm.  I figure more than half their games will be either a night game or in the shadows. Most teams gets 1-3 sun bright games a year. 

28 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Seems to me as though the only real problems with the prior set were the shade of green and the construction not doing their shoulder loops any favors.  But they decided they needed an overhaul for some reason.

Yeah I agree, big downgrade imo. 

4 hours ago, hawk36 said:

The more I see the great response that the Miami throwbacks are getting, I can't help but think the Jets will, once again, throwback to the Namath era look in 5 years. These new duds already look dated to me. 

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

They had their turn two times over.

If they feel a need to go with a faux back design they should go with the NY Sack Exchange uniforms. And if they feel a need to include a black alternate, it should not include black pants.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think the only shame with going back to the green helmets this time around is the one helmet rule. No chance of dusting off a proper Namath-era throwback once or twice a year. Granted, this does mean they can now do a proper sack exchange throwback now. 

13 minutes ago, mmajeski06 said:

I think the only shame with going back to the green helmets this time around is the one helmet rule. No chance of dusting off a proper Namath-era throwback once or twice a year. Granted, this does mean they can now do a proper sack exchange throwback now. 

1994 Throwbacks?

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

Archived