New York Jets unveil new uniforms

On 6/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, Gothamite said:

Seems to me as though the only real problems with the prior set were the shade of green and the construction not doing their shoulder loops any favors.  But they decided they needed an overhaul for some reason.

That's why the Jets have completely new uniforms.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/3/2019 at 6:09 PM, RyanMcD29 said:

The NFL was quick to get the pocket pro helmets out this offseason, and figured to post the Jets new lids as it shows off the drastic difference lighting can make on it. Obviously won't be an exact match to the real thing but worth a look.

I feel like those Pocket Pros aren't properly glossed. That one almost looks like it has a satin finish a la the Vikings'. Not that it looks bad at all. 

14 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I feel like those Pocket Pros aren't properly glossed. That one almost looks like it has a satin finish a la the Vikings'. Not that it looks bad at all. 

Agreed.. the newer Jets helmets appear to be more similar to the previous Vikings helmets, and somewhat similar to the Redskins helmet.. it's a metallic flake paint, with very fine grained flakes, that may have a few different shades of flake colors, then likely multiple layers of high gloss clear coat to add that depth of color, ranging from bright kelly to nearly black

10 hours ago, bad_salad said:

Not a fan of this new set, but I am curious what a black jersey/green pants/black socks combo might look like.

My iPad isn’t letting me link a pic, but the eagles wore that vs the 49ers a few years ago (before the 49er redesign). Found it on 247sports where they ranked that combo 6 on the greatest eagles uniforms

KISSwall09.jpg

3 minutes ago, hormone said:

My iPad isn’t letting me link a pic, but the eagles wore that vs the 49ers a few years ago (before the 49er redesign). Found it on 247sports where they ranked that combo 6 on the greatest eagles uniforms

This...

spacer.png

Obviously better than black over black (will I ever pass up an opportunity to rip on monochrome football uniforms?  Nope) but still not a good look.  The Jets would probably look at least a little better since they actually wear green instead of this vomit-inducing hue the Eagles continue to mistakenly believe is a viable choice.

10 hours ago, bad_salad said:

Not a fan of this new set, but I am curious what a black jersey/green pants/black socks combo might look like.

I don’t know about this combo because the pants have no black. I think it might look weird having a black heavy top with green striping over green pants with white striping and no black. I don’t think it will look like a unified set.

I know some people have said the Jets look “high school” with the big New York on the front, but I think going black over green will look pretty “high school” because it will look like a green and white high school team who wanted a “black out” night, but could only afford the jerseys.

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I don’t know about this combo because the pants have no black. I think it might look weird having a black heavy top with green striping over green pants with white striping and no black. I don’t think it will look like a unified set.

I know some people have said the Jets look “high school” with the big New York on the front, but I think going black over green will look pretty “high school” because it will look like a green and white high school team who wanted a “black out” night, but could only afford the jerseys.

Just wear black socks too and I think it would make up for the lack of black in the pants. Though, a black outline on the uniforms' various stripes would help.

18 hours ago, bad_salad said:

Somewhat like my youth football club. Needless to say I'm fond of that potential combo, but others might not be. Hope to see the Jets do it nonetheless.

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and text

Hotter Than July > Thriller

10 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Some would argue a simple black jersey only would be the proper way to do a blackout.. the monochrome all-black look is so tired and unnecessary at this point..

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

I'm a fan of that font.  It's custom, but still feels classic.  To anybody who doesn't care about these things it would just seem like a standard number, no different from a dozen other teams, but if you do care, it's one of a kind.  IMO, that's the best way to go... try a little subtlety.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Full sewn-on twill numbers on the practice jersey?  How common is that? (I don't know, that's why I'm asking.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The more I look at these unis the more I believe what I always believed... they should have just went to Kelly Green for the uniforms they already had. These are OK but Kelly Greeen 1968 would have been better.

3 minutes ago, joekono said:

The more I look at these unis the more I believe what I always believed... they should have just went to Kelly Green for the uniforms they already had. These are OK but Kelly Greeen 1968 would have been better.

Only if they swapped over to green helmets. It think that light color helmets across the entire division was just not a good look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Only if they swapped over to green helmets. It think that light color helmets across the entire division was just not a good look. 

Well, the 1994 throwbacks would've been fine. For Jet's fan sake, let's hope Sam Darnold doesn't have "Joe Ferguson Syndrome" ( For you youngsters, it's the reason the Bills went to red helmets because Joe Ferguson, the Bill's QB at the time threw so many interceptions and the AFC east had the Bills,Colts,Dolphins and Patriots in white helmets).

52 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I'm a fan of that font.  It's custom, but still feels classic.  To anybody who doesn't care about these things it would just seem like a standard number, no different from a dozen other teams, but if you do care, it's one of a kind.  IMO, that's the best way to go... try a little subtlety.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Full sewn-on twill numbers on the practice jersey?  How common is that? (I don't know, that's why I'm asking.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I can’t get over how awful those helmets are. Why do they look more black than green, it’s really bugging me

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It’s essentially the Jaguars’ number set with a few modifications made to simplify it.

The 4 looks way too heavy and compact compared to the other numbers, though. That’s a shame.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

22 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

This is concerning.

spacer.png

. . . on many levels.  :)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

12 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I can’t get over how awful those helmets are. Why do they look more black than green, it’s really bugging me

The green helmets are fantastic.

They look black because 1) metallic paint and 2) photography and lighting issues.  In real life, they are very green. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived