New York Jets unveil new uniforms

54 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t like the current shade of midnight green for the eagles. It has way too much blue and is too dark. I don’t think removing black and charcoal will help

It doesn't seem nearly as dark now that the fabric is matte vs shiny.  I do think that if paired with simply silver, it would appear much brighter, however I have not seen a single concept in which simply dropping black works.  There would need to be some major revisions to the wings and the logo (or just keep black in the logo).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t like the current shade of midnight green for the eagles. It has way too much blue and is too dark. I don’t think removing black and charcoal will help

Trust me, the eyes will notice a difference. Take the Atlanta Hawks for example. The volt color is yellow when outlined in red, but highlight green on it's own or when paired with black. 

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

Trust me, the eyes will notice a difference. Take the Atlanta Hawks for example. The volt color is yellow when outlined in red, but highlight green on it's own or when paired with black. 

I still don’t think it’ll be an appealing color to me. I’ve seen color swatches of just it and it just looks a dark sea foam green to me.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:21 PM, monkeypower said:

From the Jets twitter. It looks really good here. I was always a fan of these to begin with, but they have grown on me even more. There are a couple minor things (namely a black outline on the angle stripes on both the jersey and pants), but I am definitely a fan.

EC5552HW4AUTJAZ.jpg

Look how awesome that looks. I am glad they went back to green helmets. It makes me happy I want to breakdance!

On 9/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, Silver_Star said:

Look how awesome that looks. I am glad they went back to green helmets. It makes me happy I want to breakdance!

They have definitely grown on me. Although I wish they used this color with the old template, with that being said, this is still a nice looking uniform. 

spacer.png

I just got my Jets jersey in the mail today and there's a lot of empty space.

858Qsy6.jpg

The stripe isn't as thick as it is on the actual jerseys, look at the picture of Adams and Bell quoted above. I understand it's not going to transfer over to a fan jersey cut entirely correct, but it could at least be somewhat proportional.

IEI5Tg1.png

Looking at both the Packers and Bears coaching staffs, apparently it's Coaches' Weekend.

edit: apparently I also can't read :hockeysmiley: I thought I was in the overall NFL thread, not the Jets one...but the Jets' coaches might be dressed as "sharply" as the aforementioned coaches tonight were come Sunday, so hey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, dbofox said:

better on coaches than all the players

True...it was maddening on the diamond, and that's considering it's far less important for a baseball ump to be able to see jersey numbers than it is for a football official. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived