New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1 helmet rule doesn’t stop the Jets from making a Sack Exchange era uniforms as a throwback. The only issue would probably be the different helmet color if they choose to keep true to the original Kelly Green jersey. 

XM4KeeA.png

51 minutes ago, insert name said:

The 1 helmet rule doesn’t stop the Jets from making a Sack Exchange era uniforms as a throwback. The only issue would probably be the different helmet color if they choose to keep true to the original Kelly Green jersey. 

Since they weren't bothered by the wrong color shell in 1994 (green as opposed to white), metallic green as opposed to flat green shouldn't bother them now.

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Since they weren't bothered by the wrong color shell in 1994 (green as opposed to white), metallic green as opposed to flat green shouldn't bother them now.

Was there ever an explanation to why the Jets didn’t bother changing the helmets in 94? That was so bizarre. 

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

1 helmet rule thankfully goes bye bye after 2020

We'll, that hasn't been established for sure.  Some of us are keeping our fingers crossed that the brilliant, and fabulous One Helmet Rule not only sticks around but actually become a permanent amendment to the constitution.

On 4/16/2020 at 6:32 PM, _J_ said:

I love the green Jets helmet.

Jerseys I like, but get the criticism.

The new green is fantastic, and I hope they never change the shade.

Agreed, the green is fantastic as are the helmets.

10 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Douglas had an 80's Jets helmet at his desk. Never seen that helmet at any official Jets functions in forever

Wonder why?

It's his house.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It's his house.

it is but for an official NFL event they would be pretty careful with what he has around and what ends up on camera. There was no Namath era helmet, or the 90's version helmet with the black facemask...but there was the 80's throwback helmet which our fans have been clamoring for some time now

9 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

it is but for an official NFL event they would be pretty careful with what he has around and what ends up on camera. There was no Namath era helmet, or the 90's version helmet with the black facemask...but there was the 80's throwback helmet which our fans have been clamoring for some time now

You can see what and why you want to see it, but BBTV is right. Did you notice the helmet from John Schneider's high school at his house? I did, because I went to the same school.

It's where I sit.

11 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Sean Payton had unauthorized Coke and Orange Crush on his table, and got spoken to about it, but it wasn't a huge deal.  It's an official league function, but it's still just his personal home office, and not anything different than what's probably at the team headquarters anyway (I assume they have some memorabilia.)  Basically - don't read into it.

Belichic's dog isn't an official Patriots mascot, just something he has.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

BBTV is right. 

We've been through this before - that's usually the case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

And his daughter was wearing a Namath-era throwback logo *on camera*!! Maybe they bring those back too!

But seriously - considering the 80s helmet was a VSR4 that literally anyone can buy online...my guess is that’s a collectible and nothing more. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, colortv said:

Agreed, the green is fantastic as are the helmets.

Those are the two best things about the Jets unis. No shame on the white helmet, I love it, and ultimately I prefer our old unis. However, it's hard to resist that metallic sheen and the green on the jerseys is perfect.

fiowXOD.png

It's amazing what a bright shade of green will do. And as warm/lukewarm as my like is for the Jets new look is, I'm still celebrating they didn't keep their drab olive green that their last uniforms morphed into and went the whole jingoistic military jet motif.

Hey guys, this is a thread about a uniform unveiling from a year ago. There's no reason this discussion about the Jets' historic uniforms can't be in its own thread. 
So we're going to lock this one. 

EDIT- Here's a link if anyone wants to continue the historical uni discussion. I split it off from this thread. 

• IceCap locked this topic

Archived